My Pridor has covered 5300kms and it was the time of it's3rd tuning.
But I am totally fed up off the HATHORA Mechanics and was deciding to tune mybike my self. Tuning a bike, a major part is to clean the Air Filter Foam onthe guidelines provided by AHL.
So on experimental basis for this purpose as a first step in tuning, I decidedto clean the air filter element (foam type).
I purchased the following things:
1. SAE 90 GEAR OIL of Rs. 30/-
2. 1/2 LITER Kerosine Oil Rs.60/-
3. Four Double A paper sheets Legal Size
I was really impressed by the D.I.Y on the link given below introduced by bro@amjad635 on Pakwheels. <o:p></o:p>
As i have already elaborated that it is on experimentalbasis so no pics for this D.I.Y. Inshallah in the next D.I.Y. the detailed picswill also be uploaded for your interest. Now we proceed towards our goal i.e.Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling:
1. I parked my Pridor on main stand and opened the left side cover (tappa).There is a cover with 05 nuts on the way to access the air filter foam. Thefive nuts may be unscrewed with a flat shaped screw driver.<o:p></o:p>
2. Opened the cover and found the Air filter, removed itas it is without any screws so it may be removed and fixed directly without helpof any tool. <o:p></o:p>
3. After removing the dirty filter, cleaned the insidecover box of Air filter and removed all the dust with a clean cloth. <o:p></o:p>
4. Fixed the box cover with 5 nuts to avoid any dust ordamage to that area.<o:p></o:p>
5. Now remove both of the foams, Take a bowl or some openmouth utensil, pour some kerosene Oil on both of the foam one by one and putyour effort with soft hands to wash it. Remember, don't use petrol on the foam(as the AHL Service center guys always do) it will damage the foam density andyou will never get such original foam from the market. You will see the keroseneoil will get black and small particles of dust can be seen on the bottom of theutensil.<o:p></o:p>
6. Then I put both of the foams in a hanger and put it insunlight for proper drying. It took around four hours to dry.<o:p></o:p>
7. I poured SAE 90 Gear Oil on the foams. When the oil fused into the foams completely then I startedskewing it to get the oil out from the foams one by one. <o:p></o:p>
8. When I judged that the oil has been completely goneout of foams then I pressed the foams gently on the sheets of papers for moredrying it. Finally I got the air filter foams with fresh look and ready to install.Now we proceed for other portions of tuning.<o:p></o:p>
The Pick and Power has increased amazingly with asatisfaction that it will give me a better drive ever.
In the upcoming days hopefully I will post new D.I.Y. about Tappet Adjustment of my Pridor.
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad