Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Honda Pridor Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racer7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,578
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Lightbulb Honda Pridor Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling

    My Pridor has covered 5300kms and it was the time of it's3rd tuning.
    But I am totally fed up off the HATHORA Mechanics and was deciding to tune mybike my self. Tuning a bike, a major part is to clean the Air Filter Foam onthe guidelines provided by AHL.

    So on experimental basis for this purpose as a first step in tuning, I decidedto clean the air filter element (foam type).

    I purchased the following things:

    1. SAE 90 GEAR OIL of Rs. 30/-
    2. 1/2 LITER Kerosine Oil Rs.60/-
    3. Four Double A paper sheets Legal Size


    I was really impressed by the D.I.Y on the link given below introduced by bro@amjad635 on Pakwheels. <o:p></o:p>

    http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/do-yourself/25166-foam-type-air-filter-cleaning-oiling-1080p-hd-video.html<o:p></o:p>
    As i have already elaborated that it is on experimentalbasis so no pics for this D.I.Y. Inshallah in the next D.I.Y. the detailed picswill also be uploaded for your interest. Now we proceed towards our goal i.e.Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling:

    1. I parked my Pridor on main stand and opened the left side cover (tappa).There is a cover with 05 nuts on the way to access the air filter foam. Thefive nuts may be unscrewed with a flat shaped screw driver.<o:p></o:p>

    2. Opened the cover and found the Air filter, removed itas it is without any screws so it may be removed and fixed directly without helpof any tool. <o:p></o:p>
    3. After removing the dirty filter, cleaned the insidecover box of Air filter and removed all the dust with a clean cloth. <o:p></o:p>
    4. Fixed the box cover with 5 nuts to avoid any dust ordamage to that area.<o:p></o:p>
    5. Now remove both of the foams, Take a bowl or some openmouth utensil, pour some kerosene Oil on both of the foam one by one and putyour effort with soft hands to wash it. Remember, don't use petrol on the foam(as the AHL Service center guys always do) it will damage the foam density andyou will never get such original foam from the market. You will see the keroseneoil will get black and small particles of dust can be seen on the bottom of theutensil.<o:p></o:p>
    6. Then I put both of the foams in a hanger and put it insunlight for proper drying. It took around four hours to dry.<o:p></o:p>
    7. I poured SAE 90 Gear Oil on the foams. When the oil fused into the foams completely then I startedskewing it to get the oil out from the foams one by one. <o:p></o:p>
    8. When I judged that the oil has been completely goneout of foams then I pressed the foams gently on the sheets of papers for moredrying it. Finally I got the air filter foams with fresh look and ready to install.Now we proceed for other portions of tuning.<o:p></o:p>
    The Pick and Power has increased amazingly with asatisfaction that it will give me a better drive ever.
    In the upcoming days hopefully I will post new D.I.Y. about Tappet Adjustment of my Pridor.

  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    bro Atlas Honda recommends only Keronsene Oil
    and regarding patrol Actually Atlas Honda prohibits usage of patrol
    for cleaning foam type air filter as in 100 & 125cc

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    lahori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,013
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    just wondering can these filters washed with some detergent i.e Surf or Max Liquid ?
    If travelling was free, You'd never see me again.

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    Shadow009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    patrol is totally unrecommended for cleaning foam type air filter

    Racer bro excellent move by you, mashAllah very accurately done
    its much better if we learn these daily routine motorcycle maintenance work
    & do ourself instead of getting this done from unexperience so called USTAAD log
    cleaning air filter of bike is not a big deal infact as a biker i enjoy doing it
    i clean my bikes airfilter with kerosene oil only but inshAllah will also use Gear oil this time
    bro i give only few mintues to foam for drying aur uski baad haath par maarta ho filter ko
    bro 4hours contineous sun light par faom ko rakhna, i feel kahe sun damage na kare foam ko
    what do you think Racer bro i may be thinking wrong, waise Ahl recommends to dry airfitler before
    dipping it into gear oil
    and yes bro when air filter is cleaned of bike
    bike gives good pleasure in riding pick aur response acha feel hota hai bike ka


    @amjad635 bro kea apke pas AHL walo ka koi link hy jahan AHL walo ne is kisam ke air filter cleaning ke method deye ho agr apke pas link hy to please share kr dein apki bhot mehrbani ho ge amjad bhai
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    Shadow009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    sb se pele thanks @amjad635 brother apka is use ful tut ke leye and brother muje apse ye poochna ta ke ye air filter clean krne ka arf CD100 pe he apply kea ja sakta hy ya CG125 pe be ?
    and second kea air filter clean krne wale he tamam item jo ap ne show keye hain aram se market se mil jae ge ?
    and brother kea ap in item ke name or is ke useage ik post bna kr de sakte ho
    thanks @amjad635 brother
    Nice tut
    Take Care
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racer7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,578
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow009 View Post
    @amjad635 bro kea apke pas AHL walo ka koi link hy jahan AHL walo ne is kisam ke air filter cleaning ke method deye ho agr apke pas link hy to please share kr dein apki bhot mehrbani ho ge amjad bhai
    AHL has not provided the link however it has mentioned in it's owners manual which we people applied. However you may visit the link for further clarification please:

    Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling [With 1080p HD Video]<o:p></o:p>

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racer7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,578
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Amjad bhai, zabardast D.I.Y , its the time of sharing our ideas and getting knoweldge from each other at pak wheels.

    Now, we should also help people in tappet adjustment D.I.Y.
    Our pak wheelers want to get more information about Tappet Adjustment of a motorcycle
    so wat's your plan. I am learning about the tappet adjustment.

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    During middle of process i found out Gear is not available @ home
    but luckily there was gear oil available in Ketchup bottle

    i mean the ketchup bottle which i use for chain lubrication

    Honda Pridor Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling -1166647
    thorha gear oil filter kee ooper daala aur thorha haath par laga ke
    jaise hair oil lagaate waise lagaya filter pe it was easy & quick that way

    Honda Pridor Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling -1166648
    than again left the airfilter on sun light for about 15 minutes
    Honda Pridor Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling -1166652

    Clean Airfilter after whole process
    Honda Pridor Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling -1166655

    Honda Pridor Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling -1166657
    Cleaned the inside of airfilter compartment
    Honda Pridor Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling -1166659
    installed the airfilter
    Honda Pridor Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling -1166661
    used little bit of grease on botls
    Honda Pridor Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling -1166662

    Honda Pridor Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling -1166663

    *Never tight these bolts too much

    *During the process of cleaning airfilter when using kerosene or gear oil
    i highly recommend you should wear rubber gloves as these materials
    can be harmful for our skin



  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow009 View Post
    @amjad635 bro kea apke pas AHL walo ka koi link hy jahan AHL walo ne is kisam ke air filter cleaning ke method deye ho agr apke pas link hy to please share kr dein apki bhot mehrbani ho ge amjad bhai
    no bro no link AHl has written in manual how to clean airfilter
    the link which Racer bro has shared, i was inspired by the same link
    it is the link of indian bike forum where a guy explaining cleaning of foam tyre airfilter
    the bike shown in tutorial has exactly same kinda filter system which Pridor has

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow009 View Post
    sb se pele thanks @amjad635 brother apka is use ful tut ke leye and brother muje apse ye poochna ta ke ye air filter clean krne ka arf CD100 pe he apply kea ja sakta hy ya CG125 pe be ?
    and second kea air filter clean krne wale he tamam item jo ap ne show keye hain aram se market se mil jae ge ?
    and brother kea ap in item ke name or is ke useage ik post bna kr de sakte ho
    thanks @amjad635 brother
    Nice tut
    Take Care
    Thanks bro
    yes its same for 125cc too, as both bikes has same kinda foam type airfilter
    the items i used
    *Kerosene Oil
    *Gear Oil
    *Grease & small tub
    All these items are pretty common you can get these easily from market

    Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    Amjad bhai, zabardast D.I.Y , its the time of sharing our ideas and getting knoweldge from each other at pak wheels.

    Now, we should also help people in tappet adjustment D.I.Y.
    Our pak wheelers want to get more information about Tappet Adjustment of a motorcycle
    so wat's your plan. I am learning about the tappet adjustment.
    Thanks Racer bro, inshAllah i will try to first learn tappet adjustment from a good mechanic
    than try to implement myself recently i have found a very good honda mechanic @ town near my village
    he has gotten a very good knowledge of Honda bikes & he is honda trained recently i got my bike tuned from him
    i watch his work & he definitely seems professional trained person. Will ask him about tappet adjustment
    Racer bro best of luck for tappet adjustment DIY
    i don't think there is big myth in tappet adjustment
    You would do it easily once you get proper tools

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racer7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,578
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Brother I have purchased the tools i.e.

    1-Filler Guage
    2-Tappet Tool

    Now only some training is required then I shall do it and find the myth behind this game .


    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    no bro no link AHl has written in manual how to clean airfilter
    the link which Racer bro has shared, i was inspired by the same link
    it is the link of indian bike forum where a guy explaining cleaning of foam tyre airfilter
    the bike shown in tutorial has exactly same kinda filter system which Pridor has


    Thanks bro
    yes its same for 125cc too, as both bikes has same kinda foam type airfilter
    the items i used
    *Kerosene Oil
    *Gear Oil
    *Grease & small tub
    All these items are pretty common you can get these easily from market


    Thanks Racer bro, inshAllah i will try to first learn tappet adjustment from a good mechanic
    than try to implement myself recently i have found a very good honda mechanic @ town near my village
    he has gotten a very good knowledge of Honda bikes & he is honda trained recently i got my bike tuned from him
    i watch his work & he definitely seems professional trained person. Will ask him about tappet adjustment
    Racer bro best of luck for tappet adjustment DIY
    i don't think there is big myth in tappet adjustment
    You would do it easily once you get proper tools

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    nomee_46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Nice help for all pridor bikers. Amjad and racer bro please share a link from where i can find Pridor Owner's manual.
    Thnx

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    Brother I have purchased the tools i.e.

    1-Filler Guage
    2-Tappet Tool

    Now only some training is required then I shall do it and find the myth behind this game .
    Racer bro what is progress? have you gathered some info about tappet adjustments?
    few days ago i found an very good video tutorial about valve adjustment
    which really has helped me understand what is tappet adjustment or valve adjustment
    there is not really big myth behind valve adjustments but yeah
    one should be careful & must gather some knowledge before trying
    as improper setting can damage engine, too tight valves can damage engine seriously
    its really sad to see how so called ustaad log playing & experimenting with our bikes

    so its better we learn this tappet adjustment work with correct procedure
    than we should do this routine maintenance work by ourself

    Bro from where did you purchase those tools from general hardware shop or from motorcycle shop?

    Quote Originally Posted by nomee_46 View Post
    Nice help for all pridor bikers. Amjad and racer bro please share a link from where i can find Pridor Owner's manual.
    Thnx
    Nomee onwers manual comes with your bike
    there is no online pdf version available of pridor owner manual on net

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    nomee_46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks Amjad bhai, here i found on net an old Honda Service Manual(link is given below), it may be of some help:

    http://www.vf750fd.com/vf750f/Honda_...ice_Manual.pdf

    reagards

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racer7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,578
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Racer bro what is progress? have you gathered some info about tappet adjustments?
    few days ago i found an very good video tutorial about valve adjustment
    which really has helped me understand what is tappet adjustment or valve adjustment
    there is not really big myth behind valve adjustments but yeah
    one should be careful & must gather some knowledge before trying
    as improper setting can damage engine, too tight valves can damage engine seriously
    its really sad to see how so called ustaad log playing & experimenting with our bikes

    so its better we learn this tappet adjustment work with correct procedure
    than we should do this routine maintenance work by ourself

    Bro from where did you purchase those tools from general hardware shop or from motorcycle shop?


    Nomee onwers manual comes with your bike
    there is no online pdf version available of pridor owner manual on net
    Amjad Bhai, I have got a class on tappet adjustment, by seeing the whole procedure it is found that it is a very easy process.

    The tools I purchased from Bradreth Road tools shop. The price of both the tools is around 200Rs.

    However, please share the link of tutorial if prossible.

    Actually in Summer season the tappets have to be loosen due to the reason that

    the engine becomes hot soon while in the winter season the tappets may be adjusted as mentioned in the owners manual.

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Racer bhai who gave you tutorial class & who was that kind mechanic
    very happy you learning tappets adjustments & yeah its not difficult task
    bro please don't forget to teach us here on p.w


    Racer brother you are absolutely right about tappet settings in summer
    but problem is too much loose tappet is not good too
    these mechanics leaves tappet too much loose & its harmful for engine too
    settings needs to be set on company recommended or nominal

    and the way these mechanics leave tappets loose
    very bad sounds come from engine head
    from my last tuning experience with honda mechanic
    he left the valve too loose believe me very annoying
    & scary sounds were coming from engine it was not only tik tik
    One will never ever enjoy his brand new bike
    with those annoying sounds coming from engine
    i have seen many people complaining @ mechanics for these noises

  15. #34
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racer7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,578
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Racer bhai who gave you tutorial class & who was that kind mechanic
    very happy you learning tappets adjustments & yeah its not difficult task
    bro please don't forget to teach us here on p.w


    Racer brother you are absolutely right about tappet settings in summer
    but problem is too much loose tappet is not good too
    these mechanics leaves tappet too much loose & its harmful for engine too
    settings needs to be set on company recommended or nominal

    and the way these mechanics leave tappets loose
    very bad sounds come from engine head
    from my last tuning experience with honda mechanic
    he left the valve too loose believe me very annoying
    & scary sounds were coming from engine it was not only tik tik
    One will never ever enjoy his brand new bike
    with those annoying sounds coming from engine
    i have seen many people complaining @ mechanics for these noises
    Yes you are right a no. of mechanics do this and all the cost has to bear by the customer on engine overhauling.

    I have PM you.

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Racer Bro,
    Finally Alhamdulillah I did tuning of pridor myself
    yaar thanks to you & your post no 26 in this thread
    which really increased my interest about learning tappet adjustment
    so finally after some research on net finally today evening i tuned my pridor
    Alhamduillah i successfully performed whole task very well don't know why bro but i was
    first hesitating but once i started Alhamduillah task became so easy
    really still don't believe i did whole process so nicely

    Final Results Are Better Than My Expectation
    Bike Is Running Very Smooth Vibration Is Gone
    There Is Great Improvement in Bike, Engine Sound Is Brilliant
    Valves Are Making Pleasant Tik Tik Sound Not Distrubing
    I Set The Valves Clearance To 0.5mm Which AHl Recommends
    Believe My Pridor Sound Was Today Exactly Same As It Was On First Day Of Purchase

    Unfortunately I Could Not Take Pics Of Process, I Was Busy In Tuning Process Was Focusing On That

    Today luckily i found feeler gauge & tappet adjusting tool on a hardware shop in my city
    I did not waste a second immediately purchased these tools & came back home did tuning
    as i had searched good on net & those tutorial videos really helped me in performing this task

    Honda Pridor Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling -1193418

    All tools that i used & were required

    Honda Pridor Foam Type Air Filter Cleaning & Oiling -1193419


  17. #36
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racer7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,578
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    MASHALLAH, Amjad bhai zabaradast and mind blowing job you have performed, It's all about your's effort and not of mine.

    I have planned this activity to perform but could not get the confidence as well as time.
    I am really impressed by your attitude towards your work done for PRIDOR Lovers as well as for other Pakwheelers.

    My question is that did you tuned the whole bike and what was the total time to cover all the process.?
    Secondly I had also purchased the filler guage and tappet tool but after purchasing these two things when I saw the
    tappet tool of my HONDA Mechanic I was shocked that the tool he has was a very perfect tool to apply exact force we require to adjust the tappets. But unfortunately I could not get it's pic and can't search from internet too.

    However, the tool I have purchased for this purpose is in th pic.
    These tools are healthy addition to your tool box.

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Racer Bro,
    Finally Alhamdulillah I did tuning of pridor myself
    yaar thanks to you & your post no 26 in this thread
    which really increased my interest about learning tappet adjustment
    so finally after some research on net finally today evening i tuned my pridor
    Alhamduillah i successfully performed whole task very well don't know why bro but i was
    first hesitating but once i started Alhamduillah task became so easy
    really still don't believe i did whole process so nicely

    Final Results Are Better Than My Expectation
    Bike Is Running Very Smooth Vibration Is Gone
    There Is Great Improvement in Bike, Engine Sound Is Brilliant
    Valves Are Making Pleasant Tik Tik Sound Not Distrubing
    I Set The Valves Clearance To 0.5mm Which AHl Recommends
    Believe My Pridor Sound Was Today Exactly Same As It Was On First Day Of Purchase

    Unfortunately I Could Not Take Pics Of Process, I Was Busy In Tuning Process Was Focusing On That

    Today luckily i found feeler gauge & tappet adjusting tool on a hardware shop in my city
    I did not waste a second immediately purchased these tools & came back home did tuning
    as i had searched good on net & those tutorial videos really helped me in performing this task

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    thanks Racer bro for appreciation & encouraging words
    no bro did not tune the whole bike just adjusted the tappets
    just some few days ago i had gotten my bike tuned from honda mechanic
    so there was no need of opening carburetor or cleaner
    Yes Racer bro these honda mechanics have great quality tools
    tools i have purchased were purchased from local hardware shop
    they are low quality but did the job for me but i would wish to purchase good quality tools

    Bro one request would please share pics of tools you have purchase

    and bro the total time i took was around half an hour or may be little more
    as i was doing whole task very carefully & with keen interest believe me Racer bro
    no mechanic can tune your bike the way you will do with your hands
    As we care for our bike so adjusted valves until i did not get perfect 0.5mm clearance
    and we don't care for time on the other hand mechanic would do the job in rush
    and they don't use feeler gauge they say hum USTAAD logon es patti ki zaroorat nahein parhte
    in my last tuning experience with honda mechanic i had requested him to use feeler gauge
    but he refused saying same those words and believe me when i checked bikes valves yesterday
    they were very tight bike and thats why i was having worst pridor driving experience from few days
    would you believe pridor was vibrating & had become very heavy in riding it was worst experience
    either these mechanics tight valves too much or they leave them very loose

    but Alhamdulillah i was able to get perfect settings for my bike
    and this is very normal sound of valves in 0.5mm setting
    maine last tuning ke dooran honda mechanic bola tha 0.5mm patti par set karo jaisa company kehte hai
    woh kar raha tha sir aap toh pehle loose vavles ki buhat complain karte hai agar mein 0.5mm par set karonga
    valves zyaada tik tik sound karenge jo aako pasand nahein aur complain karte ho
    but he was wrong valves sound is not distrubing at all they are producing very nice tik tik sound
    which i have dreamed after once i had gotten my bike tuned @ 1000km
    since on mechanic really was able to adjust the valves to those default settings




  19. #38
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racer7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,578
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Amjad bhai pehle baat to yeh k uss mechanic ko haatth se tappet adjust nahin kerney chahiyey
    Iss tarha to wo sab ke bike ke band baja de ga.
    Dosarey no. per mein uss ka confidence dekh ker hairan hoon k woh kitni dethaee se yeh bhi kehta hai k
    yeh to aap k liyey tappet tight ker raha hoon.
    Actually in logon ne he to mulk ka satiyanas kiya hai.
    Inhein zara sa tool paker ker tuning kertey bhi dushwari hoti hai jab k paisey laitey waqat inhein koi problem nahin hoti.

    Anyhow, Amjad bhai mein ne to yeh soch liya hai k inn mechanics k pass bike le ker he nahin jani chahiyey.
    Bike ko khud se he tune kerna chaihiyey jab iss kee zaroorat mehsoos ho.
    Aur iss se hamara waqat aur paisa bhi bachey ga.

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    thanks Racer bro for appreciation & encouraging words
    no bro did not tune the whole bike just adjusted the tappets
    just some few days ago i had gotten my bike tuned from honda mechanic
    so there was no need of opening carburetor or cleaner
    Yes Racer bro these honda mechanics have great quality tools
    tools i have purchased were purchased from local hardware shop
    they are low quality but did the job for me but i would wish to purchase good quality tools

    Bro one request would please share pics of tools you have purchase

    and bro the total time i took was around half an hour or may be little more
    as i was doing whole task very carefully & with keen interest believe me Racer bro
    no mechanic can tune your bike the way you will do with your hands
    As we care for our bike so adjusted valves until i did not get perfect 0.5mm clearance
    and we don't care for time on the other hand mechanic would do the job in rush
    and they don't use feeler gauge they say hum USTAAD logon es patti ki zaroorat nahein parhte
    in my last tuning experience with honda mechanic i had requested him to use feeler gauge
    but he refused saying same those words and believe me when i checked bikes valves yesterday
    they were very tight bike and thats why i was having worst pridor driving experience from few days
    would you believe pridor was vibrating & had become very heavy in riding it was worst experience
    either these mechanics tight valves too much or they leave them very loose

    but Alhamdulillah i was able to get perfect settings for my bike
    and this is very normal sound of valves in 0.5mm setting
    maine last tuning ke dooran honda mechanic bola tha 0.5mm patti par set karo jaisa company kehte hai
    woh kar raha tha sir aap toh pehle loose vavles ki buhat complain karte hai agar mein 0.5mm par set karonga
    valves zyaada tik tik sound karenge jo aako pasand nahein aur complain karte ho
    but he was wrong valves sound is not distrubing at all they are producing very nice tik tik sound
    which i have dreamed after once i had gotten my bike tuned @ 1000km
    since on mechanic really was able to adjust the valves to those default settings




  20. #39
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    han yaar pata nahein kiyon yeh ustaad log senior ya jonior dono
    pata nahein kiyon yeh tools use karne mein sharam hota hai

    han yaar bilkul sahe jitna hosake bike ka kaam khud he kiya jaaye
    aur bike ko khud maintain kiy jaaye toh buhat zyaada behtar hai
    aur es mein as a biker mazza bhi buhat hai apni bike ka khud kaam karna
    mujhe toh barhe mazza aaya valve adjust karne mein

  21. #40
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racer7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,578
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    han yaar pata nahein kiyon yeh ustaad log senior ya jonior dono
    pata nahein kiyon yeh tools use karne mein sharam hota hai

    han yaar bilkul sahe jitna hosake bike ka kaam khud he kiya jaaye
    aur bike ko khud maintain kiy jaaye toh buhat zyaada behtar hai
    aur es mein as a biker mazza bhi buhat hai apni bike ka khud kaam karna
    mujhe toh barhe mazza aaya valve adjust karne mein
    Amjad Bhai, mein to apni gari ka electrical & mechanical work bhee Alhamdulillah khud he karta hoon. Iss mein bara he maza hai aur mechanics k nakhrey uthaney se bhi mehfooz rehta hoon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •