Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: CG-125 Euro II 2013 Problem in Murree....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CG-125 Euro II 2013 Problem in Murree....

Assalam u Alaikum,
    I have a new Honda CG-125 Euro II 2013 model and it has run just 3500km ... I have done it's tuning and Engine Oil change from Honda Center just 100km ago.
    This weekend I took it to Murree and Nathia Gali etc. But as soon as it gained some height i.e we reached near Murree it started to misbehave. i.e (jaisa keh Kachra aa jata hai aur bike/gari missing karna shuru kar detee hai aur kabhi kabhi Patakhe bhee marti hai). Aur bike pura zor bhee nahin pakar rahee thee... This problem was not only on ascends but also on plain roads and even when I stoped the bike and without engaging the gears I gave race the same thing happened. As soon as we descended and reached near Salgiran the problem vanished and the bike was as good as it was ever.... Also while going to Murree I just for a few seconds tried to accelerate the bike on Murree road (Near Rawal Dam) and it easily touched 110 and I could easily accelerate more but intentionally I stopped there (as there was some vibration on the handle) and also I think it is very dangerous to drive it that fast...
    And after reaching back Islamabad I again tried to accelerate it and it reached 110km/hr easily... I went to Honda Center and they said(After taking a test ride) that the bike is tuned perfectly and there should be no problem... Can any one tell me what the problem might be? Also note that I had filled the tank one day ago and all the trip was on the same Petrol.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imarshad View Post
    Assalam u Alaikum,
    I have a new Honda CG-125 Euro II 2013 model and it has run just 3500km ... I have done it's tuning and Engine Oil change from Honda Center just 100km ago.
    This weekend I took it to Murree and Nathia Gali etc. But as soon as it gained some height i.e we reached near Murree it started to misbehave. i.e (jaisa keh Kachra aa jata hai aur bike/gari missing karna shuru kar detee hai aur kabhi kabhi Patakhe bhee marti hai). Aur bike pura zor bhee nahin pakar rahee thee... This problem was not only on ascends but also on plain roads and even when I stoped the bike and without engaging the gears I gave race the same thing happened. As soon as we descended and reached near Salgiran the problem vanished and the bike was as good as it was ever.... Also while going to Murree I just for a few seconds tried to accelerate the bike on Murree road (Near Rawal Dam) and it easily touched 110 and I could easily accelerate more but intentionally I stopped there (as there was some vibration on the handle) and also I think it is very dangerous to drive it that fast...
    And after reaching back Islamabad I again tried to accelerate it and it reached 110km/hr easily... I went to Honda Center and they said(After taking a test ride) that the bike is tuned perfectly and there should be no problem... Can any one tell me what the problem might be? Also note that I had filled the tank one day ago and all the trip was on the same Petrol.
    Maybe some Kala Jadoo at Murree Side

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yaar my bike is also doing this and one day after gym i am going home and it wont start I just pushed her and start her and reach home next day I took her to my michanic he told me that the mixture needle fell off some where...then i replaced it and it become alive.... I think your bike air and fuel mixture is not properly settled or there is some water in your fuel tank may be it reaches your tank after the wash or you are using bad fuel just took out its plug and inspect it if the plug is black and covered with carbon then the fuel mixture is not set properly and another way to find out whether fuel is up to the quality mark or not or there is water in your fuel just took a screw driver with two heads and drain out your carb if water bubbles appeared on fuel then its fuel problem and also check the spark of your bike by disconnecting the spark plug cable and adaptor and kick start your bike by placing the spark plug wire a half inch away from spark plug a continues spark means your electric system is right if spark misses then its cdi unit causing problem
    The all i knew i share i hope it will help you brother

Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile App

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usama_pal View Post
    I think your bike air and fuel mixture is not properly settled or there is some water in your fuel tank may be it reaches your tank after the wash or you are using bad fuel just took out its plug and inspect it if the plug is black and covered with carbon then the fuel mixture is not set properly
    I also think that air/fuel mixture is not properly set... But then how could one justify the 110Km/hr speed prior/after the Murree visit... I didn't change the Petrol or any thing but the as soon as the altitude was lowered the bike was as good as nothing has happened to it... Also the Mechanic at the Honda Center said after taking a ride that there is absolutely no problem in the bike.... Also i would like to mention that the average during the visit was very low as well it was merely 34km/liter...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The only logical answer i can come up with is that at higher altitute the air is thinner so the bike air n fuel mixture got messed up hence the bike started to choke and when u start descending the air got normal so the bike said yayyyyyyyyyy Oxygen :-D or could be black magic...:-P one can never know.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I also think that air/fuel mixture is not properly set... But then how could one justify the 110Km/hr speed prior/after the Murree visit... I didn't change the Petrol or any thing but the as soon as the altitude was lowered the bike was as good as nothing has happened to it... Also the Mechanic at the Honda Center said after taking a ride that there is absolutely no problem in the bike.... Also i would like to mention that the average during the visit was very low as well it was merely 34km/liter...
    Nothing to worry...
    Possible reasons: wet plug adapter, water in carb or petrol tank, debris in petrol, substandard petrol, water in ignition switch and last is altitdue problem... But I'm sure that this ain't the reason.

Most probably it was an electrical issue more than mechanical

Sent from my Sony Xperia U using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bronap k fuel may pani mix hai phir to yeh for sure hai kyun k water is havier than petrol to woh neechay hota hai tbi bike missing karti thi jaisay hi pani wala mixture kum howa ap ki bike may to petrol baki reh gya tank may jb petrol carb may jana shuru how to bike alive hona shuru ho gaye altitide ka prob nahi tha bike may pani tha thats for sure

Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile App

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Warbenders View Post
    The only logical answer i can come up with is that at higher altitute the air is thinner so the bike air n fuel mixture got messed up hence the bike started to choke and when u start descending the air got normal so the bike said yayyyyyyyyyy Oxygen :-D or could be black magic...:-P one can never know.
    it can also be possible, air/fuel mixture would be varies then different sea level
    ***SPEED+ACCURACY+AGGRESSION=YAMAHA RX115***

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yar too much issues with new cg 125. Tottaly waste of money.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MianKhurram View Post
    Yar too much issues with new cg 125. Tottaly waste of money.

I beg to differ bro its not totally waste of money each and every bike have issues nothing is perfect people just tend to target cg 125 thats all. im a happy owner of new cg 125 and i don't think i wasted my money.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ OP - If the mechanic has checked the bike and all is well then it is most probably an electric problem. The bike is not getting required current. I had a similar problem. My bike would work perfectly on roads but on mountain areas the power would reduce and bike would do missing. When it happened the first time I came down from Nathia Gali to Abottabad but as soon as I was not at higher altitudes the problems went away. Still I got it checked it from a mechanic and he said all is well. I started riding back to Nathia Gali and as I gained some height the problem came back. I didnt knew what was the problem and was unable to identify as it only persisted at higher altitude areas. A few months later the electricals of my bike suddenly stopped working while riding in lahore. I got it checked from electrician who said that coil needs work as current level is lower than standard. Instead of getting the coil re-wired I bought a new one. After a few months I again went to mountain areas and this time I faced no issues of missing or power loss.

You need to find a good electrician who works with volt and amp meters. He will be able to tell you if bike is generating less current than required.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Low oxygen definitely,you should learn how to adjust carb b4 leaving for next excursion .
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

once u have learned how to adjust mixture on the go.. believe me its a blessing .... and engine loves the bike owner.. try it some day... bike will kiss ur feet and fly on the road..
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Warbenders bhayya, i also own new cg125 but not satisfied with it,s comfort level. otherwise no dushmani with cg125.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks to all for the valuable input... This is my first CG125 so I am not sure about all the things that is why I asked... Previously I have done some excursions on my brother's GS-150 which is really a superb bike for hilly areas as well as some off roading...
    Anyways from your suggestions I have concluded that any one of the following could be wrong with my bike...

1) Air-Fuel mixture is not set properly... I mean it is set for Islamabad's altitude or even lower and when I gained altitude and the air became thinner the bike started to under-perform. To correct this problem should I increase the petrol or decrease it?

2) Some problem with the fuel itself... like some residue, water etc. mixed. Although chances of this are remote as on the same petrol the bike performed very well in Islamabad.

3) The electrical is not giving the desired amount of current...Although a brand new bike should not give such a problem but any how I will get it checked...

4) Maybe some Kala Jadoo at Murree Side...

Anyways if such a problem arise is it OK for a novice like me to adjust the fuel settings using the Screw? What should one see while doing it?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

point 4 seems legtimate

point one, air flow is less on high altitude you have to decrease to get it mixed right (if I am not wrong ? @asjdm @BlueHorn)

Thanks to all for the valuable input... This is my first CG125 so I am not sure about all the things that is why I asked... Previously I have done some excursions on my brother's GS-150 which is really a superb bike for hilly areas as well as some off roading...
    Anyways from your suggestions I have concluded that any one of the following could be wrong with my bike...

1) Air-Fuel mixture is not set properly... I mean it is set for Islamabad's altitude or even lower and when I gained altitude and the air became thinner the bike started to under-perform. To correct this problem should I increase the petrol or decrease it?

2) Some problem with the fuel itself... like some residue, water etc. mixed. Although chances of this are remote as on the same petrol the bike performed very well in Islamabad.

3) The electrical is not giving the desired amount of current...Although a brand new bike should not give such a problem but any how I will get it checked...

Anyways if such a problem arise is it OK for a novice like me to adjust the fuel settings using the Screw? What should one see while doing it?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is due to low oxygen Pressure. Just decrease the petrol. In hilly area.
    After coming back tune it to the previous setting

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On high altitude the air pressure reduces and the Air+fuel mixture gets rich (Petrol is too much for the air). you have to make the mixture leaner (reduce the petrol and increase air supply) either by;

1. using hi-octane fuel (because higher octane fuels take more time to burn than lower octane fuel, the fuel will burn slower and the engine will be okay with less air/oxygen).
    2. It is hard to find Hi-octane fuel in hilly areas so the other option is to reduce the supply of petrol by tightening the the mixture screw and for that you'll have to

i. Rotate the IDLE SPEED screw clockwise until the RPM get a little higher (like 3000) and the engine does not turn off.
    ii. Now rotate the MIXTURE screw clockwise until the RPM is back to normal (like 1500).

CG125 Euro II 2013 Problem in Murree -1253935

Now, you will have reduced the supply of petrol and the mixture should be leaner.

This is best to my knowledge. For more help you may contact @asjdsm

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MianKhurram View Post
    @Warbenders bhayya, i also own new cg125 but not satisfied with it,s comfort level. otherwise no dushmani with cg125.

hmmm well everybody has its own preference waise im not a die hard fan of cg my self its just that its not a bad bike as ppl say abt it. after my chonda 70 i give cg's comfort 10/10

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

simple .. as soon as you cross bharakou just lower the needle in its clip..
    (i.e. raise the c clip in the given grooves . move it to top groove .. or second last one .. )

this will lean the mixture and you will get complete burn of fuel.. as in stock settings at that altitutde the ratio of petrol is too much then it should be .

rejettning will give more torquey response but i dont know what jets suite yours..

i always rejet my bike else it would just stall there..

Assalam u Alaikum,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List