Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need some advises Honda Cg125 Power Machine

Aoa broz
    i got my power machine yesterday,i had a few Q regarding break in,i had read the posts regarding break in method and i tried to follow them but dint understand a few of them,I request all the big gurus to kindly help me as this is my first bike.

1:what would be the idle rpm of the bike in running condition?As when i took out the bike from showroom it was almost 2k but a friend of mine decreased it to 1500.(by losing a golden screw on engine)

2:i had done almost 100km till now and the max speed i used was 45kmph with a max rpm of 4k.i used the following shifting pattern i.e 2nd gear at 20,3rd at 30 and 4th on 38-40.i am going right way ?

"1- Did not exceed 6k rpm. Every once in a while 7k rpm mark just touched for second or so and then back to 6k. Like that...
    2- Did not apply continous throttle for longer than 10 secs.
    3- Always and frequently used engine breaking, max after 10 sec spurts of acceleration.
    4- Acceleration I achieved was always quick ones, short burst types(up to 6k rpm) and then engine break, then Repeat it.
    5- Did not over load the engine i.e. never used a higher gear for the speed I was running the bike on. e.g. Never used 4th gear below 45 kmph and like wise on all gears.
    6- Used a good oil after 2nd oil change. Castrol Activ 4T (AP SG) JASO MA/MA2 specified of type Wet clutch. Grade used was 20W50"

3:in the above point # 2 what he meant by not using continuous throttle for 10sec?

4:i dint get the third point completely,what i do is suppose if i am going on 40kmph,for engine breaking i left the throttle for a few seconds so that speed reaches 35 or +- and then again start accelerating slowly on the same gear i.e 4th.am i doing it the right way ?
    or for engine breaking i need to decelerate completely (till 2nd or first gear )?

5:i need to travel almost 37km to reach my uni so can i drive my bike continuously for 37km(which i cover in almost 80-90mins) as few of members over here advise not to drive the new bike for more than 30-40mins?

waiting for your advises guru's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

17 views but no rep?where are you bikers?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1:what would be the idle rpm of the bike in running condition?As when i took out the bike from showroom it was almost 2k but a friend of mine decreased it to 1500.(by losing a golden screw on engine.

The normal idle for bike is 1.4 - 1.5k

2:i had done almost 100km till now and the max speed i used was 45kmph with a max rpm of 4k.i used the following shifting pattern i.e 2nd gear at 20,3rd at 30 and 4th on 38-40.i am going right way ?

Try not to engage 4th gear for now. Wait for 200km's then you can engage 4th gear as for now RPM's are to low to engage in 4th gear

3:in the above point # 2 what he meant by not using continuous throttle for 10sec?

As the engine is new now, so try not to accelerate at same speed for longtime inshort keep the speed varying

Follow this thread for more detailed information. It will clear all your confusions

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...our-bike-guide

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    1:what would be the idle rpm of the bike in running condition?As when i took out the bike from showroom it was almost 2k but a friend of mine decreased it to 1500.(by losing a golden screw on engine.

The normal idle for bike is 1.4 - 1.5k

Try not to engage 4th gear for now. Wait for 200km's then you can engage 4th gear as for now RPM's are to low to engage in 4th gear

As the engine is new now, so try not to accelerate at same speed for longtime inshort keep the speed varying

Follow this thread for more detailed information. It will clear all your confusions

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...our-bike-guide
    thanx alot bro and i already had checked that post.
    and you mean that i should use only 3 gears to reach 40 speed?
    and please kindly brief a lil more about engine break in i had mentioned my query in my first post.
    and also u dint answered my fifth question

but still thanx alot for your great help,May Allah bless you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Silver_Knife bro from my POV I think all gears should be used in break-in period even in the bikes with 5 gears the fifth one should also be used provided the rpm remains between 4k-6k as it smoothens the drive of all the gears in the break-in ! Am I wrong on that?
    Keep ur Friends close ... And Enemies more Closer !!
    Honda CD-100 ==> Honda CG 125 Deluxe ==> Ravi Piaggio Storm 125 !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA
    bro i need to know how to do a engine break
    for e.g if i am going on speed 50kmph on 4th gear should i hold the clutch simply?is it a engine break?and for how long shud i keep pressed the clutch?if this is not than kindly tell me the proper way.
    and for engine breaking over here i mean
    Always and frequently used engine breaking, max after 10 sec spurts of acceleration

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sherry56 View Post
    AOA
    bro i need to know how to do a engine break
    for e.g if i am going on speed 50kmph on 4th gear should i hold the clutch simply?is it a engine break?and for how long shud i keep pressed the clutch?if this is not than kindly tell me the proper way.
    and for engine breaking over here i mean
    Always and frequently used engine breaking, max after 10 sec spurts of acceleration

Bro call me at 0321-8166415 and i can answer all your queries as you are unable to understand the guide

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List