4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hard Front suspension of Honda Pridor

Dear fellows.. after reading so many positive reviews about honda pridor, I got mine as well. I am pretty much satisfied about almost everything except the front suspension

The rear suspension are soft but front are very hard... It barely absorb any jerk on even carpeted GT road. All the jerks are directly shifted towards my arms and to my body... I contentiously feel jerking from the front side of bike.

Any idea how to solve this problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes this bike has handle issues!

Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by djmani1 View Post
    Dear fellows.. after reading so many positive reviews about honda pridor, I got mine as well. I am pretty much satisfied about almost everything except the front suspension

The rear suspension are soft but front are very hard... It barely absorb any jerk on even carpeted GT road. All the jerks are directly shifted towards my arms and to my body... I contentiously feel jerking from the front side of bike.

Since they are non adjustable, you have to bear with them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by djmani1 View Post

mujhe pehly wali pridor main yeh mehsoos hota tha lakin main ne itna notice nhi kiya, lakin jo pridor ab khareedi hai is main yeh masala bilkul b nhi hai, pehly wali pridor main front tyre 6ply tha , aur ab wali pridor main front tyre 4ply hai, mera khayal hai yeh tyre ka masala hai, aur nahi b ho sakta, main itna zayada expert nhi hon,lakin aik baat hai , pridor se pehly mery pass cd100 tha is main yeh masala nhi tha, aur mujhe achi tura yaad hai cd100 main b front tyre 4ply tha, expert's better bata sakty hain
    GO__ HONDA __ GO

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Over inflated tires can also cause such condition. Its not an ideal solution but keeping the air pressure 2 to 3 pounds less will help in minimizing this effect. In winter the shock absorbers also get stiff due to cold weather and in summer get a little bit soft.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes tyre can also play some role in this

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

winter ki waja say hard hain winter janay dain khud soft ho jayian gain

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JUNOON007 View Post
    winter ki waja say hard hain winter janay dain khud soft ho jayian gain
    Ye to koi baat na hui
    Sari sardia hard suspension ki waja day banda hands aur arms may dard bardaasht karta rhay aur wait kray k summers aeay *** to shocks thek ho jaeay ***

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    Ye to koi baat na hui
    Sari sardia hard suspension ki waja day banda hands aur arms may dard bardaasht karta rhay aur wait kray k summers aeay *** to shocks thek ho jaeay ***
    He makes a valid point. A couple of weeks ago, i redid my front shocks of CG125 but due to non-availability of a proper Fork Oil (i didn't want ATF because of its shorter change interval) ... i chose what i had, the Havoline 20w-50. While it did fine in Summers, but these days front shocks are stiff, so much that they are beyond annoying. (outer temperature does affect the workings of shock absorbers since they also have 'oil' in them - but "how much" ... that depends on "the kind of oil")

Anyway, i'd suggest not doing anything to them as they might become just fine when season change. Waisay bhi, winters these days barely stay for like 4 months.

Also, ALWAYS keep tire pressure what company suggests. Its written on the chain cover of your ride. Our tyre puncture walas are ignorants who always keep the tire pressure very much higher than recommended. (For example, i keep 25psi in my front tire of CG125 ... and these shop owners always inflat it beyond 35psi, which makes the front part of the bike too loose on the road, without any grip and too much bumpy on jumps)
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    He makes a valid point. A couple of weeks ago, i redid my front shocks of CG125 but due to non-availability of a proper Fork Oil (i didn't want ATF because of its shorter change interval) ... i chose what i had, the Havoline 20w-50. While it did fine in Summers, but these days front shocks are stiff, so much that they are beyond annoying. (outer temperature does affect the workings of shock absorbers since they also have 'oil' in them - but "how much" ... that depends on "the kind of oil")

Anyway, i'd suggest not doing anything to them as they might become just fine when season change. Waisay bhi, winters these days barely stay for like 4 months.

Also, ALWAYS keep tire pressure what company suggests. Its written on the chain cover of your ride. Our tyre puncture walas are ignorants who always keep the tire pressure very much higher than recommended. (For example, i keep 25psi in my front tire of CG125 ... and these shop owners always inflat it beyond 35psi, which makes the front part of the bike too loose on the road, without any grip and too much bumpy on jumps)
    Tyre shops recommend 45psi for my cd70 and 50 for my GS150 but i always tell them to fill in 33 in the rear and 25 in the front and he is always like..............wtf "don't you ever ride with a pillion" and i always say a big "NO" as i do not want to engage in a conversation withthem

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ap nay kia front suspension repair karway thay agar han to phir to aisa hona hi tha par aar nahin to yah zahir hota hay k ahl is waqt kitna ghatya oil use kar raha hay front forks main

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, Automatic Transmission Fluid is not a good substitute for a proper fork oil. if you consult MSDS/TDS of fork oils from various manufacturers you'll find that the closest substitute is ordinary/standard power steering oil.

in short: what you need is hydraulic oil which is safe for rubber seals and thin enough to offer quick dampening of the shocks. the thinner it is, the quicker it will respond against the shocks and less will be transmitted to your arms and shoulders. ATF is not hydraulic oil and secondly it is too high in detergent content therefore should not be used in forks.

Next time: try STP power steering oil in your forks. you'll be surprised to experience super soft and quick responding forks. and contrary to popular belief, fork oil like any other oil needs to be changed after a predetermined interval.

Regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 12gauge View Post
    Bro, Automatic Transmission Fluid is not a good substitute for a proper fork oil. if you consult MSDS/TDS of fork oils from various manufacturers you'll find that the closest substitute is ordinary/standard power steering oil.

in short: what you need is hydraulic oil which is safe for rubber seals and thin enough to offer quick dampening of the shocks. the thinner it is, the quicker it will respond against the shocks and less will be transmitted to your arms and shoulders. ATF is not hydraulic oil and secondly it is too high in detergent content therefore should not be used in forks.

Next time: try STP power steering oil in your forks. you'll be surprised to experience super soft and quick responding forks. and contrary to popular belief, fork oil like any other oil needs to be changed after a predetermined interval.

Regards.
    Brother i asked about this at PW too many times but never really got a proper response for it. And no one mentioned anything about Power Steering oil I am glad you have given me another aspect to look at this issue of mine.

So how much will it cost me? The STEP Power Steering oil you mentioned.

I know that fork oil need to be changed after a while but if i am not wrong, the duration isn't as short as a normal engine oil or even ATF for that matter. I think Fork Oil should easily be able to cross atleast 10k kilometers mark very easily. Am i mistaken?

Somone close to me did offer me a local Hydralics oil once but i refused as i didn't know which brand it was ... if any. (As per him, it was used in heavy duty machinery and yes he was a bike's mechanic). There was no packing but the price he was telling me was simply ridiculous. It was like 100-120ml in that bottle and for that he was asking Rs.300. :\ So is that power steering gonna be the same kind of expensive stuff?

Also, please tell me how can i know if my front shock seals and giving up. There is no leaking or anything though. However, i haven't changed any seals in like 3 years or so. Its all stock since the beginning.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So how much will it cost me? The STEP Power Steering oil you mentioned.
    Bro a one liter bottle of STP is like 300-400 rupees.

I know that fork oil need to be changed after a while but if i am not wrong, the duration isn't as short as a normal engine oil or even ATF for that matter. I think Fork Oil should easily be able to cross atleast 10k kilometers mark very easily. Am i mistaken?
    You are absolutely correct bro. Fork oil's life is 20k kilometers (no confirmed source) and if your driving conditions are dusty then 10k kilometers.

Also, please tell me how can i know if my front shock seals and giving up. There is no leaking or anything though. However, i haven't changed any seals in like 3 years or so. Its all stock since the beginning.
    bro fork seals whenever give up, your forks will start leaking oil. As per of regular maintainance, always change your fork seals along with fork oil.

Regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@12gauge ! So i bought the following:

Hard Front suspension of  Honda Pridor - 1aoppVr
    Hard Front suspension of  Honda Pridor - c2vomGz
    Hard Front suspension of  Honda Pridor - RoMBCIn
    The small bottle was Rs.325. I don't remember how much (in ml) it was. I just remember that smaller bottle was coming out as much expensive than this one, which is almost 1 Litre, and costed me Rs.475. I feel like i did it wrong, please post your opinion.

That said, could you please let me know how much to put in front forks (in ml)? Eventhough i have refilled my front forks twice already, but haven't been successful in measuring the correct amount i need to put in.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

self edit

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@12gauge ! So i bought the following: Hard Front suspension of  Honda Pridor - 1aoppVrHard Front suspension of  Honda Pridor - c2vomGzHard Front suspension of  Honda Pridor - RoMBCInThe small bottle was Rs.325. I don't remember how much (in ml) it was. I just remember that smaller bottle was coming out as much expensive than this one, which is almost 1 Litre, and costed me Rs.475. I feel like i did it wrong, please post your opinion.That said, could you please let me know how much to put in front forks (in ml)? Eventhough i have refilled my front forks twice already, but haven't been successful in measuring the correct amount i need to put in.
    bro agar ap k pas gs 150 hay to @basic k pas gs ki workshop manual hay jo ap ko exact quantity bata sakta hay k front fork main kitna oil dalay ga

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro agar ap k pas gs 150 hay to @basic k pas gs ki workshop manual hay jo ap ko exact quantity bata sakta hay k front fork main kitna oil dalay ga
    Nope brother its a CG125

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nope brother its a CG125
    kisi bhi honda workshop par chalay jayian aur us ko kahian k workshop manual main jo quantity likhi hay mujhay who dakh kar batain

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kisi bhi honda workshop par chalay jayian aur us ko kahian k workshop manual main jo quantity likhi hay mujhay who dakh kar batain
    Yaar yehi to problem hay. I had to travel like 18kms to get this thing, and there is nothing but "ignorant mechanics" closeby.

I think a friend of mine purchased a CG125 last year, he might have the book with him. Are you sure it mentions about the quantity of oil front forks need?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List