Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Hard Front suspension of Honda Pridor

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    djmani1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Hard Front suspension of Honda Pridor

    Dear fellows.. after reading so many positive reviews about honda pridor, I got mine as well. I am pretty much satisfied about almost everything except the front suspension

    The rear suspension are soft but front are very hard... It barely absorb any jerk on even carpeted GT road. All the jerks are directly shifted towards my arms and to my body... I contentiously feel jerking from the front side of bike.

    Any idea how to solve this problem.



  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    JUNOON007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,074
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    Yaar yehi to problem hay. I had to travel like 18kms to get this thing, and there is nothing but "ignorant mechanics" closeby.I think a friend of mine purchased a CG125 last year, he might have the book with him. Are you sure it mentions about the quantity of oil front forks need?
    bhai manual 2 tarah ki hoti hay owners manual aur workshop manual jo manual bike k sath ati hay owners manual us main sirf bike ki normal maintenance k baray main likha hota. dosri manual workshop main hoti hay us k andar tamam information hoti hay bike ki.ap ko yah oil quantity ki information workshop manual say mil sakti hay sirf

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNOON007 View Post
    bhai manual 2 tarah ki hoti hay owners manual aur workshop manual jo manual bike k sath ati hay owners manual us main sirf bike ki normal maintenance k baray main likha hota. dosri manual workshop main hoti hay us k andar tamam information hoti hay bike ki.ap ko yah oil quantity ki information workshop manual say mil sakti hay sirf
    Oh that i really didn't know. Thanks for updating my knowledge

    So basically i'll have to visit a Honda 5S dealer (basically "AHL Authorized" shop!)? Because i am not sure if "ordinary mechanics" will have this book.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @JUNOON007 ! I forgot to mention this earlier. I do have HAYNES manual, and its not the 1st time i am refilling the front forks (it'll be 3rd).

    Here is what HAYNES Manual suggests for CG125:

    Oil Capacity
    **CG125 >>> 120 - 130cc (4.22-4.58 Imp fl oz)
    **CG125K1,B,C,E >>> 130 - 140cc (4.58-4.93 Imp fl oz)

    I have a jug to measure the oil. It looks like this: (but for 1 Liter)
    Hard Front suspension of  Honda Pridor - JA 2102034 20121205143845


    Here is the experience what i wrote in my diary:

    Used Havoline 20W-50 as Fork Oil wasn't available.

    Washed shock absorbers & springs with half liter petrol.

    Filled the Jug with 120ml engine oil, but shock tube was only filled with 100 (or 110 ... while rest remained in jug for it was too think) ... w/ oil level upto "17th Spring".

    Performance: Very Hard (Uncomfortable and Bumpy ride)
    -------

    UPDATE#2: Redid the shock absorbers after one day AGAIN, but went with more traditional approach to measure oil, by only counting the dipped springs. "26th Spring" (or 27th) was dipped inside the tube.

    Performance: Soft (I suspect them to be a bit too soft)
    ---------

    As you can see that i had to traditional approach to measure the oil in front forks, which kinda worked. But i still want to know the exact amount i need to pour in.

    So you still think i'll be able to get this info from a Workshop manual?
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    JUNOON007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,074
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    @JUNOON007 ! I forgot to mention this earlier. I do have HAYNES manual, and its not the 1st time i am refilling the front forks (it'll be 3rd).Here is what HAYNES Manual suggests for CG125:Oil Capacity**CG125 >>> 120 - 130cc (4.22-4.58 Imp fl oz)**CG125K1,B,C,E >>> 130 - 140cc (4.58-4.93 Imp fl oz)I have a jug to measure the oil. It looks like this: (but for 1 Liter)Hard Front suspension of  Honda Pridor - JA 2102034 20121205143845Here is the experience what i wrote in my diary:----------------As you can see that i had to traditional approach to measure the oil in front forks, which kinda worked. But i still want to know the exact amount i need to pour in.So you still think i'll be able to get this info from a Workshop manual?
    haynes manual. international level par jo cg hay us k mutabik hay ho sakta hay k hamaray pas jo cg hay us k shocks main fark ho so liye ap workshop manual chek kar lain

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    junaidakhtar01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,026
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    jumps k top wale bolt free kar lo itne k rubber seal barhar aajaye bolt poraa na khley, taakey spring atka rahe
    bike aagey se blkl dba do deewar k samne krloge to asaani hogi agla brake deewar jtna kaam ni karega
    pora dba ker rakhna hai taake air nikal jaye the isi pressed condition mein bolt tight kardo
    try kerlo may be bna kch spend kiye masla hal hoaye

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junaidakhtar01 View Post
    jumps k top wale bolt free kar lo itne k rubber seal barhar aajaye bolt poraa na khley, taakey spring atka rahe
    bike aagey se blkl dba do deewar k samne krloge to asaani hogi agla brake deewar jtna kaam ni karega
    pora dba ker rakhna hai taake air nikal jaye the isi pressed condition mein bolt tight kardo
    try kerlo may be bna kch spend kiye masla hal hoaye
    Good suggestion junaid bhai. (Assuming it's intended for me)

    Btw you have done a lot of such modding work right ? Can you tell me the exact amount I need to pour in my CG125 front forks ?

    My past 2 experiences are shared above.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    12gauge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    Good suggestion junaid bhai. (Assuming it's intended for me)

    Btw you have done a lot of such modding work right ? Can you tell me the exact amount I need to pour in my CG125 front forks ?

    My past 2 experiences are shared above.
    Bro, they only way to know for sure is to just empty the front forks and find out how much old oil came out. measure it and replace with the exact same amount of fresh oil. this is just guess work. I am sure someone experienced or an experienced mechanic can guide you.

    Regards.

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    junaidakhtar01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,026
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    no that was for djmani1

    135cc for 30mm forks is standard
    oil should be ATF with new seals
    old seals pe ATF amoman kaam ni karta

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 12gauge View Post
    Bro, they only way to know for sure is to just empty the front forks and find out how much old oil came out. measure it and replace with the exact same amount of fresh oil. this is just guess work. I am sure someone experienced or an experienced mechanic can guide you.

    Regards.
    I don't really require any guidance per se, since i have already done that 2 times before. But i was just asking for my own knowledge because my previous methods have not been able to measure the exact amount. Sometimes it was more, sometimes less ... not once did it match the readings provided in Haynes manual. (I believe we are running the CG125 E model here right?)

    Still, tomorrow InShaALLAH i'll build the forks and reply back if i needed anything. You guys have been a great help until now

    Cheers
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junaidakhtar01 View Post
    no that was for djmani1

    135cc for 30mm forks is standard
    oil should be ATF with new seals
    old seals pe ATF amoman kaam ni karta
    Oh, thanks for the clarification. I have bought "STP Power Steering Oil" as per @guage12's suggestion (pictures are also posted above). Do i still need to change the seals? (I feel a little reluctant because not long ago, i have changed it 2 times ... and there is no leak so far)
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    junaidakhtar01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,026
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    then go a head
    bismillah parho aur assemble kerdo

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Just thought I'd lay it down. The STP Power Steering Fluid failed to impress me as well. During very hot weather, it lost its hydraulic ability (pumping) just like engine oils would do.

    So its a fact now that we really do need PROPER hydraulics oil which Should NOT change its viscosity under very hot or cold weather conditions. Right now, my option is to look for those industrial grade Hydraulics Oil (which are thin like water ... kinda) and use them after mixing up with Power Steering Fluid. UNLESS I find a Proper Fork Oil in Pakistan.

    IF/WHEN I do that, I'll definitely update you guys here.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SyedMoazzam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    2,271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    Just thought I'd lay it down. The STP Power Steering Fluid failed to impress me as well. During very hot weather, it lost its hydraulic ability (pumping) just like engine oils would do.

    So its a fact now that we really do need PROPER hydraulics oil which Should NOT change its viscosity under very hot or cold weather conditions. Right now, my option is to look for those industrial grade Hydraulics Oil (which are thin like water ... kinda) and use them after mixing up with Power Steering Fluid. UNLESS I find a Proper Fork Oil in Pakistan.

    IF/WHEN I do that, I'll definitely update you guys here.
    It is a one time expense but via magiclamp.pk you can import mobil1, liquimoly, motul and other good fork oil brands
    It will be a bit expensive but hay if it gets rid of your headache then its worth a try

  15. #34
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    It is a one time expense but via magiclamp.pk you can import mobil1, liquimoly, motul and other good fork oil brands
    It will be a bit expensive but hay if it gets rid of your headache then its worth a try
    I think someone already have presented me with this option in the past. Maybe it was you.

    The thing is, i am desperate. But NOT THAT desperate. I can get it imported if no other option is left. But i still have ONE MORE option available, which is to use those oils used in the Industrial Machinery. Mixing it with the Power Steering fluid i have might prove to be rather useful .... worth a try.

    Otherwise, i will most definitely get one from abroad.

    Also, another member (in another thread) have taken the liberty of finding one in his city, so i will also wait for his response.

    If I am honest, i am not really trying and acting more like a lazy bum. Time is the main constraint as well as the budget. I really don't want to spend a huge amount of cash these days.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SyedMoazzam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    2,271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    I think someone already have presented me with this option in the past. Maybe it was you.

    The thing is, i am desperate. But NOT THAT desperate. I can get it imported if no other option is left. But i still have ONE MORE option available, which is to use those oils used in the Industrial Machinery. Mixing it with the Power Steering fluid i have might prove to be rather useful .... worth a try.

    Otherwise, i will most definitely get one from abroad.

    Also, another member (in another thread) have taken the liberty of finding one in his city, so i will also wait for his response.

    If I am honest, i am not really trying and acting more like a lazy bum. Time is the main constraint as well as the budget. I really don't want to spend a huge amount of cash these days.
    Well said bro keep up your quest

  17. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    muhammedahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    18
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    was this quest ever made? nowadays my shocks need oil replacing too...i have yamaha junoon 2009 model...abobobilly bahi daso fir...ATF,powersteering oil,engine oil...and how much to put init

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muhammedahmed2 View Post
    was this quest ever made? nowadays my shocks need oil replacing too...i have yamaha junoon 2009 model...abobobilly bahi daso fir...ATF,powersteering oil,engine oil...and how much to put init

    Just don't put any 20w-40 or 20w-50 engine oil in those shock absorbers, or the performance will be too hard, and too variable (they will quickly become too soft in a burning hot weather, and may not even become soft in a cold weather). Basically what you need, is a fluid which doesn't change its viscosity too often.

    SPT Power Steering oil is working out pretty good for me. And at less than Rs.500, its quite economical too. Though, I am now eager to test out ATF too.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

  19. #38
    PakWheeler Follow
    muhammedahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    18
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i will try STP power steering fluid Thanks a lot bro

  20. #39
    PakWheeler Follow
    Chaudhary007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    It says 73cm cube for CG125 @abobobilly (yes i know it's your manual )

    Hard Front suspension of  Honda Pridor -1594886
    If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be.

  21. #40
    PakWheeler Follow
    rizwansadiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chakwal
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •