Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Concern Regarding HONDA CG 125 EURO 2

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eur0_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    278
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Concern Regarding HONDA CG 125 EURO 2

    Salam 2 allz..

    main umeed krta hn sb khryat sa hon gy.. as title says. mary pas honda cg 125 model 2013 hai.bike abi tk 11k km chala hai in 1.2 years
    problem ya hai k ...
    har weeek bike k exhaust tip mn black carbn deposit ho jaty hn .i don't knw y
    bike ke tunning b karwai laikn koi fark ni para still carbn there .
    bike ke sound b thick ho gy hai.. phly jasi ni rahee
    air filter b saaf hai. normal speed pa bike drive krta hn aprox (50 to 70), avrge b 40+ hai
    i think spark plug colour b normal hai . u can c in pics ..
    how to restore euro 2 sharp sound back ????nd y carbn deposit in exhaust ????
    any solution plz help me ............!!!!!!

    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Catch Me If u can...

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,414
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    what are the views of Antenna shop mechnics ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eur0_2 View Post
    Salam 2 allz..

    main umeed krta hn sb khryat sa hon gy.. as title says. mary pas honda cg 125 model 2013 hai.bike abi tk 11k km chala hai in 1.2 years
    problem ya hai k ...
    har weeek bike k exhaust tip mn black carbn deposit ho jaty hn .i don't knw y
    bike ke tunning b karwai laikn koi fark ni para still carbn there .
    bike ke sound b thick ho gy hai.. phly jasi ni rahee
    air filter b saaf hai. normal speed pa bike drive krta hn aprox (50 to 70), avrge b 40+ hai
    i think spark plug colour b normal hai . u can c in pics ..
    how to restore euro 2 sharp sound back ????nd y carbn deposit in exhaust ????
    any solution plz help me ............!!!!!!
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eur0_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    278
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    what are the views of Antenna shop mechnics ?
    they said .. petrol pump chng kro ... mn phly hee try kr choka hn chng kr k ab sirf hi octane rah gya hai.
    is time mcanic chng keya .local mcanic said .. bike ke rings kamzoor hn
    hw this possible k rings kamzor ho gain only 11k drivn .. oil main 900 pa chng kr daita hn .lakn ??????
    Catch Me If u can...

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,414
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bike oil kam kerti hai ?



    Quote Originally Posted by Eur0_2 View Post
    they said .. petrol pump chng kro ... mn phly hee try kr choka hn chng kr k ab sirf hi octane rah gya hai.
    is time mcanic chng keya .local mcanic said .. bike ke rings kamzoor hn
    hw this possible k rings kamzor ho gain only 11k drivn .. oil main 900 pa chng kr daita hn .lakn ??????
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eur0_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    278
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Bike oil kam kerti hai ?
    oil level b pora hota hai.....spark plug kya indicate krta ha ??? kya koi is type k msla hai runing rich ya oil burning
    Catch Me If u can...

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,414
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    then there is no need to worry rings kamzor ha is a pure lie,.. its only carb setting make it a little lean to burn less carbon! put a brand new Silencer and enjoy the fresh CG sound beat!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eur0_2 View Post
    oil level b pora hota hai.....
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eur0_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    278
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    then there is no need to worry rings kamzor ha is a pure lie,.. its only carb setting make it a little lean to burn less carbon! put a brand new Silencer and enjoy the fresh CG sound beat!
    spark plug kya indicate kr rha hai .. ??? runing rich or oil burning
    Catch Me If u can...

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,414
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    plug is fine just needs little fine tuing either do it your self or let the mechnic lean it a little for you other then a clogged bad sounding cilencer your bike seems fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eur0_2 View Post
    spark plug kya indicate kr rha hai .. ??? runing rich or oil burning
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    sasyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    DEAR clean the oil filter and dip it with gear oil and squeeze properly. clean the plug. adjust the carb air/petrol mixture. normal sound will be restored.
    to adjust the carb close the mixture screw till it stops moving. then open it to 3 turns and start the bike. and drive if after 5000 rpm if it misses open one turn more. and idle start must be @ 1200RPM for summers and 15000RPM for winters.
    if u need to increase mileage check both tire air pressure,. adjust clutch cable. and adjust tappets.. and drive @ 5500RPM max. use 10w40 oil. and fuel from attock petrol pump.

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eur0_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    278
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasyed View Post
    DEAR clean the oil filter and dip it with gear oil and squeeze properly. clean the plug. adjust the carb air/petrol mixture. normal sound will be restored.
    to adjust the carb close the mixture screw till it stops moving. then open it to 3 turns and start the bike. and drive if after 5000 rpm if it misses open one turn more. and idle start must be @ 1200RPM for summers and 15000RPM for winters.
    if u need to increase mileage check both tire air pressure,. adjust clutch cable. and adjust tappets.. and drive @ 5500RPM max. use 10w40 oil. and fuel from attock petrol pump.
    hmm tnx bro ... can u plz tell me mixture skrw carb k neechy wala hai ya side mn jo nzr aata hai..
    Catch Me If u can...

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eur0_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    278
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    plug is fine just needs little fine tuing either do it your self or let the mechnic lean it a little for you other then a clogged bad sounding cilencer your bike seems fine.
    hmmm.. which spark plug is best for euro 2 ???
    Catch Me If u can...

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    sasyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I just saw some type errors, in summer 1200RPM and in Winters 1500RPM idle start.
    further more align both tires, rear tire shud b adjusted on equal position on both sides and always keep checking the chain free play becaz the puncture waly never fit them correctly and resultant u face poor mileage, also the mud guard on engine known as chikar matt reduces mileage.
    screw is below the carb, the front screw is for idle start.
    go for NGK G Power plug. u feel more energy in ur bike, 30% increase in cold start. better mileage.
    also in a month polish ur both tires with some ruber polish after washing it will protect it and increase life and keep them soft.

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    JUNOON007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,074
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasyed View Post
    also the mud guard on engine known as chikar matt reduces mileage..
    how chikar mat decrease milage can u explain

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Eur0_2! Your spark plug indicates your bike is in perfect condition. For more information, check the following picture:
    Concern Regarding HONDA CG 125 EURO  2 - spark plug condition chart

    Carbon on Exhaust Tip:
    If its wet then its your piston rings. In this case, bike will give a blue-ish white smoke when warmed up (nothing when cold). Thats because the piston is sucking up the engine oil and burning it while the piston is firing. (check some images on google to see the position of rings on the piston, to get a better idea how piston rings block that engine oil to get sucked up in combustion chamber).

    To check if the carbon deposit is Wet or Dry:
    - Dry carbon can be "dusted off" with a simple blow from your mouth. Its like powder.
    - Wet carbon despots tend to "shine" when put under sunlight or halogen light (or your bike's headlight).

    As you said your bike has only done 11k, and assuming you have driven the bike carefully, i don't think your Piston Rings are at fault here.

    Instead, get the Fuel Mixture checked ... because a high fuel mixture (which are genuine setting on new bikes, and most mechanics don't change it) can leave unburnt fuel in your exhuast, which muffles its sound, and may reduce the "crispiness". (But thats also because of changes "tappet adjustment" ... and there is nothing you can do about that. Buying new exhuasts will be a waste of money)


    Quote Originally Posted by JUNOON007 View Post
    how chikar mat decrease milage can u explain
    Mud Flaps below the engine increase the wind resistance, hence the slightly reduced mileage. It can also decrease the top speed.

    Its better NOT to use a "Metal" one which covers the "whole" area below the engine. Use the plastic ones and dig some holes in it, so that wind can pass through.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,414
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    listen to this your bike is fine, he is also a CG user! you only have a clogged silencer which is not making crisp sound!

    Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    @Eur0_2! Your spark plug indicates your bike is in perfect condition.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eur0_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    278
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    @Eur0_2! Your spark plug indicates your bike is in perfect condition. For more information, check the following picture:
    Concern Regarding HONDA CG 125 EURO  2 - spark plug condition chart

    Carbon on Exhaust Tip:
    If its wet then its your piston rings. In this case, bike will give a blue-ish white smoke when warmed up (nothing when cold). Thats because the piston is sucking up the engine oil and burning it while the piston is firing. (check some images on google to see the position of rings on the piston, to get a better idea how piston rings block that engine oil to get sucked up in combustion chamber).

    To check if the carbon deposit is Wet or Dry:
    - Dry carbon can be "dusted off" with a simple blow from your mouth. Its like powder.
    - Wet carbon despots tend to "shine" when put under sunlight or halogen light (or your bike's headlight).

    As you said your bike has only done 11k, and assuming you have driven the bike carefully, i don't think your Piston Rings are at fault here.

    Instead, get the Fuel Mixture checked ... because a high fuel mixture (which are genuine setting on new bikes, and most mechanics don't change it) can leave unburnt fuel in your exhuast, which muffles its sound, and may reduce the "crispiness". (But thats also because of changes "tappet adjustment" ... and there is nothing you can do about that. Buying new exhuasts will be a waste of money)



    Mud Flaps below the engine increase the wind resistance, hence the slightly reduced mileage. It can also decrease the top speed.

    Its better NOT to use a "Metal" one which covers the "whole" area below the engine. Use the plastic ones and dig some holes in it, so that wind can pass through.
    thnks bro...
    Catch Me If u can...

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eur0_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    278
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasyed View Post
    I just saw some type errors, in summer 1200RPM and in Winters 1500RPM idle start.
    further more align both tires, rear tire shud b adjusted on equal position on both sides and always keep checking the chain free play becaz the puncture waly never fit them correctly and resultant u face poor mileage, also the mud guard on engine known as chikar matt reduces mileage.
    screw is below the carb, the front screw is for idle start.
    go for NGK G Power plug. u feel more energy in ur bike, 30% increase in cold start. better mileage.
    also in a month polish ur both tires with some ruber polish after washing it will protect it and increase life and keep them soft.
    hmmm thnx
    Catch Me If u can...

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    Eur0_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    278
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    proper gear shifting method..???
    Catch Me If u can...

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    sasyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dear everything that resist the air will decrease the mileage, like loose clothes, chikar matts etc. caz bike will feel more resistance while running. plus chikar matts blocks some of air and in result engine gets hotter... I have seen hell of bigger chikar matts on some bikes this is very stupid thing

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    sasyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    if spark plug tip is dry black then problem is with the mixture. if spark plug tip is oily and black then check the ignition coil, ignition cable and mixture. the poor current from ignition coil also reduces mileage.
    Silencers in 4 stroke bikes hardly gets clogged. but there is possibility. and if it is clogged then your piston will also have lots of clogs on its surface and outer value..
    mine cg was not giving good sound just becaz I was not dipping the air filter in the oil after cleaning. but after doing this sound restored.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •