Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Wetness in honda CG125 exhaust

Dear Members,

I purchased honda cg125 2010 model. i replaced its rim by arya and tires by service. i m using zic 4t synthetic 20/50. There have been few thing that i noticed. i am new to this 125 fever. and yet i m crazy for that. there has been constantly clicking sound from the head i.e. tappet or what-so ever. when i start the bike in the morning the bike is soundless. as few miles are pass by the clicking sound starts.
    second, there is wetness in exhaust in the sense if i put my finger in the exhaust outlet i feel wetness on my finger. most probably oil. but i have reved my bike several times pulling full throttle but no smoke was seen. yes one time there was smoke but it didnt appeared up till now if i observed. the wetness of oil or what-so ever is making me worried. the outer ring of outlet of exhaust is covered in oil not fully but partially . need some advice on that. i am crazy for the bike as i have spend 10k just on its rim tire and other shosha parts.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by manii009 View Post
    Dear Members,

I purchased honda cg125 2010 model. i replaced its rim by arya and tires by service. i m using zic 4t synthetic 20/50. There have been few thing that i noticed. i am new to this 125 fever. and yet i m crazy for that. there has been constantly clicking sound from the head i.e. tappet or what-so ever. when i start the bike in the morning the bike is soundless. as few miles are pass by the clicking sound starts.
    second, there is wetness in exhaust in the sense if i put my finger in the exhaust outlet i feel wetness on my finger. most probably oil. but i have reved my bike several times pulling full throttle but no smoke was seen. yes one time there was smoke but it didnt appeared up till now if i observed. the wetness of oil or what-so ever is making me worried. the outer ring of outlet of exhaust is covered in oil not fully but partially . need some advice on that. i am crazy for the bike as i have spend 10k just on its rim tire and other shosha parts.
    As far as tappet noise is concerned get them adjusted by some authorized Honda Dealership and tell them to do it via feeler gauge.

Oil in exhaust is a major sign of worn out piston rings with oil leaking into the combustion chamber but what is surprising is the it shouldn't be coming out into the exhaust in it's original form but rather in powdered carbon form.
    Check engine oil level. Is it reducing oil ? How much oil comes out ? Check the condition of sparkplug it's a good indicator of how your engine is running.

Don't be surprised if a 2010 model needs top end work i have seen 2012/13 having their ring pistons changed, all depends on how it was used or abused.
    If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you should have gotten its engine checked first by some senior mechanic before investing money

regarding water wetness what i heard from an 125 user its an sign of perfect engine

he owned brand new cg 125 euro 2 he said i bought i found out water in exaust i went to

showroom owner complained for it but showroom owner said its sign of healthy engine

so if wetness from your exaust is not oil and if it was oil it should not come in such form smoke

is observed clearly which states weak engine

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you all for your replies. First the wetness is of oil because there is stickiness. second there is not much but the quantity is noticeable on your finger. There used to be a carbon deposit but that had changed into wet oil like black thing. thanks to the first mechanic whom i concerned. as i was new to the bike scene, a recommendation caused me visit that mechanic. he used 0.7 of caltex havoline. i changed the oil few days back and the person changing the oil told that the oil outcome is 0.5L. yes it is may be because i ran the bike for 4 months on that 0.7L which that stupid person told is universal for all bikes. before that the bike didnt gave any oil or much of carbon in the exhaust. I am not sure what to consult. i dont know a good mechanic in karachi. But recently i visited honda 1s mechanic nasir at buffer zone. but i am not sure if he was able to identify that. rest what will be the expense. i have stopped investing money on its beautification as i m in craze for making my bike chamchati sort of thing.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Change the oil yourself. Pour exactly 1 litre. Use simple Honda oil Deluxe one (20W-50) from a reputable shop or Honda Antenna shop.
    Ride for 1000 kms and drain it yourself and see how much comes out. You may measure it if you like and than if it's less than 0.7L go for head work otherwise no need.
    If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i know a very good and experienced cg mechanic in mehmoodabad near kallapul. do let me know if you need any help.
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jadoon1992_vxlimited View Post
    i know a very good and experienced cg mechanic in mehmoodabad near kallapul. do let me know if you need any help.
    Yes that will be great. lets arrange a meetup.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by manii009 View Post
    Yes that will be great. lets arrange a meetup.
    Sure brother. will PM you my number
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List