Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wheelman84

Thread: @xulfiqar brother. Ring piston suggestion.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default @xulfiqar brother. Ring piston suggestion.

@Xulfiqar

Mechanic checked 125cg engine oil (liqui moly) after 1500 km. oil was low in quantity. No leakage at all anywhere

He said

1. either refill the lost amount in it with new engine oil or friend suggested refill at less km interval. Maybe 1000 km.

2. Mechanic said either let me fix ring pistons which are eating up the oil.

Rs. 3000 total expense and half engine will be opened.

I asked then engine will be opened. He said take this bike to lahore after piston repair. If anybody says engine has been opened. I will pay the price of this bike. Entire price.

And he is my mechanic who has already made my bike efficient and fast. He has three sons having their own bike shops so he is quite old and i trust him.

But friend said dont need to open just fill on earlier interval.

What should i Do?

Due to trusting him, i also wannna finish this ring piston problem by paying 3000 rs. next month. But i am confused. And doing mashwara before I take a decisive measure. Thanks

Will opening ring piston vhange the sound of bike forever. Not like new? Or thats a muffler problem??

There is also little rattling tuk tuk sound sometimes at idle only in the morning. Or after staying put for long time and gets cold.

May Allah bless you more with right knowledge and guide you to best path, the only path, leading to jannah.

JazakAllah anybody for guiding me.

Sent from my Phone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do you see bluish smoke from exhaust you extended your oil change interval that why you are seeing oil reduction change oil at Max 1.2k km
    These mechanic have bad habbit of looting ppl I remember my cg use to smoke when bike gets hot and all mechanic told me "ring change hogae" the problem was a bad breath pipe which was making exhaust dirty with carbon which use to produce white smoke when exhaust get hot

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

change the oil with ahl original oil. give full thottle in the morning. see if yout bike gives bluish-greyish smoke constantly than change the rings. if it doesnt than no issue at all.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No there is no white or bluish smoke of any kind. But he is not new or cheater mechanic. I know him. Or lets say what if he is not a cheater and there is also no smoke

But oil is low ? Should i go for piston ring change? One of you suggested to just decrease the change interval. I will. Lets see.
    Thanks anyways.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by elxlr View Post
    No there is no white or bluish smoke of any kind. But he is not new or cheater mechanic. I know him. Or lets say what if he is not a cheater and there is also no smoke

But oil is low ? Should i go for piston ring change? One of you suggested to just decrease the change interval. I will. Lets see.
    Thanks anyways.

yar oil engine mei b kafi rheta hai. oil nikl kitna kum ra hai? have you checked that?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by elxlr View Post
    @Xulfiqar

Mechanic checked 125cg engine oil (liqui moly) after 1500 km. oil was low in quantity. No leakage at all anywhere

He said

1. either refill the lost amount in it with new engine oil or friend suggested refill at less km interval. Maybe 1000 km.

2. Mechanic said either let me fix ring pistons which are eating up the oil.

Rs. 3000 total expense and half engine will be opened.

I asked then engine will be opened. He said take this bike to lahore after piston repair. If anybody says engine has been opened. I will pay the price of this bike. Entire price.

And he is my mechanic who has already made my bike efficient and fast. He has three sons having their own bike shops so he is quite old and i trust him.

But friend said dont need to open just fill on earlier interval.

What should i Do?

Due to trusting him, i also wannna finish this ring piston problem by paying 3000 rs. next month. But i am confused. And doing mashwara before I take a decisive measure. Thanks

Will opening ring piston vhange the sound of bike forever. Not like new? Or thats a muffler problem??

There is also little rattling tuk tuk sound sometimes at idle only in the morning. Or after staying put for long time and gets cold.

May Allah bless you more with right knowledge and guide you to best path, the only path, leading to jannah.

JazakAllah anybody for guiding me.

Change the oil and keep your eye on a couple of things:

> Is there any smoke coming from the exhaust?
    > Put you finger in the exhaust (when cold) and see how much carbon deposits are there, then go to some empty/open road and push the bike to higher revs for 5-6 km. Let the bike cool down and check for carbon deposits again.
    > Check spark plug's tip, Does it have carbon deposits/oil on it or its is clean

If every thing is ok then no need to change piston rings. As for the tuk tuk sound, get tappets adjusted in cold state it should solve your problem.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List