Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Oil for Shock Absorber

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Navqam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    304
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Oil for Shock Absorber

    Dear Friends,

    Yesterday i noticed some oil leaking from left side front shock absorber of my CG 125 Deluxe. Kindly tell me what kind of oil is to be filled and which seal is suitable (genuine or any other brand). Estimated repair cost also be shared please. Is it better to replace both side seals or only the defective seal to be replaced?


  2. #2
    r1
    r1 is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    r1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Quetta
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,084
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have used KIX CVT in my CG125 suspensions and working fine and it has been 2 months now..

    Oil for Shock Absorber -1664215
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    eng_lhr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    seal ka mslla nahe hai bahi app shok khool ke us ka cylinder ko the karo us main farak hai ye kam khardi kary ha cylinder main kahin dent par gaya hai ya cylinder naya dalo ya phir is ko alline karoo or shoke oil abb pakistan main milta
    or engibe oil kabhi nhe dalo ya company say mangwo

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    elxlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    254
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    In my little town. Front CG euro II 125 shocks

    Repair cost. 200-250 ra. As i dont remember clearly.

    He used normal engine oil plus some diesel. Like 1 or 2 cc diesel. They are working fine.

    ATF is the recommended oil on user manual.


    Sent from my Phone using PW Forums

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Community Votes: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by elxlr View Post
    In my little town. Front CG euro II 125 shocks

    Repair cost. 200-250 ra. As i dont remember clearly.

    He used normal engine oil plus some diesel. Like 1 or 2 cc diesel. They are working fine.

    ATF is the recommended oil on user manual.


    Sent from my Phone using PW Forums

    please offer a fateha for the oil seals on the rods - diesel kills them

    you need atf, even cheapo warco brand ATF works
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    Navqam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    304
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    please offer a fateha for the oil seals on the rods - diesel kills them

    you need atf, even cheapo warco brand ATF works

    Thanks Mr. Zulfiqar, kindly tell me to replace both OR only defective oil seal. How much quantity of ATF will be required to fill one OR both. Regards...

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Solution
    replace the defective one - and look up in your manual for the quantity of ATF required.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    Navqam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    304
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    replace the defective one - and look up in your manual for the quantity of ATF required.
    Many thanks Mr. Zulfiqar, ALLAH (SWT) Bless you...regards

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    eng_lhr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    bhai honda wlon say app ko orignal shok oil mil jaey ga ya wo factroy say mangwa ke dian gy
    shok oil aik secial oil hota hai engine oil wo kam nhe karta or diesel tu bara gark kar dey ga
    engine oil winters main shok ko ko hard kar din gy agar app ke pasy hain tu app dono shok naye lagwa lo
    sohk oil aik secret method say banta hai or bohta patlla hota hai i have a lot of experience of shok oil and 125 shok and cd 70 shok
    main nay dono ke shok khud repir keay hain ap google pe shok oil serch kar sakty hoo
    app ko cylinder tthek karna hoo ga or seal naye lagni hoo gi agar
    cylinder zaida kahrab hoowa tu app ko naya lagna ho ga

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eng_lhr View Post
    bhai honda wlon say app ko orignal shok oil mil jaey ga ya wo factroy say mangwa ke dian gy
    shok oil aik secial oil hota hai engine oil wo kam nhe karta or diesel tu bara gark kar dey ga
    engine oil winters main shok ko ko hard kar din gy agar app ke pasy hain tu app dono shok naye lagwa lo
    sohk oil aik secret method say banta hai or bohta patlla hota hai i have a lot of experience of shok oil and 125 shok and cd 70 shok
    main nay dono ke shok khud repir keay hain ap google pe shok oil serch kar sakty hoo
    app ko cylinder tthek karna hoo ga or seal naye lagni hoo gi agar
    cylinder zaida kahrab hoowa tu app ko naya lagna ho ga

    jee - wo oil ATF hai (automatic gear oil) - market me aam tor pe aaraam se miljata hai.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DUDE007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,033
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @op sorry to spoil your thread!
    @Xulfiqar which oil is used in car shocks?

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    @op sorry to spoil your thread!
    @Xulfiqar which oil is used in car shocks?

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    its dependant on manfacturer, the usual was a hydraulic oil, but its shear properties and pumpability was not of common hydraulic oils.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    Navqam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    304
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    replace the defective one - and look up in your manual for the quantity of ATF required.

    Mr. Zulfiqar, the manual says to fill 73 CM3 (centimeter cube ... may be). What will be the quantity in Milliliters (ML's)?

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DUDE007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,033
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navqam View Post
    Mr. Zulfiqar, the manual says to fill 73 CM3 (centimeter cube ... may be). What will be the quantity in Milliliters (ML's)?
    1 cm3 = 1mL

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    eng_lhr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    jee - wo oil ATF hai (automatic gear oil) - market me aam tor pe aaraam se miljata hai.
    automatic gear oil Oil for Shock Absorber -1665097
    bohat mota hota hai bahi

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    mark9t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bhai xulfi, automatic gear ka Koi Acha mechanic bata do karachi m.. Need to replace altis 1.8 auto gear..

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eng_lhr View Post
    automatic gear oil Oil for Shock Absorber -1665097
    bohat mota hota hai bahi

    mota oil - ATF??

    khaiyat hai??
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    Chaudhary007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Oil for Shock Absorber -1665324
    If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be.

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DUDE007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,033
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Will it use Dexron 3 or 4 ATF?

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    Will it use Dexron 3 or 4 ATF?

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    dexron 3 atf works nice, i would use dexron vi if you can find it, it remains fluid in the most nastiest winter and 100 times better in controlling foaming.

    btw - there is no dexron 4 ATF
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •