Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sajid.akbar.503

Thread: Honda CD200 Roadmaster Ideas

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    sajid.akbar.503's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bahawalpur
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Honda CD200 Roadmaster Ideas

    Hi, need to know a few things from the worthy members of PW. Friends I own very dearly a Honda cd200 Roadmaster, was able to source it's parts from almost all over country  and been learning since last 3yrs. NOW I need help on few things for restoring it to STOCK not modify or make it a cafe racer rather thinking of again giving it a new spirit.
    Sorry for not posting pics right now I will do it later IA. Queries are as under :-
    1. Suggested color.. Especially for mudguards whether to color them or chrome them.
    2. 125 carb or try some new one, if new than which one.
    3. Any good suggestions for mechanic /paint job in Multan or Bahawalpur.
    4. Bike is in point so should keep it as it is or change it to cdi. Cdi If not of cm250 than of sazgar rickshaw or which one.
    5. Any suggested front disk brake system.
    6. Windshield or without windshield.
    7. Any suggestions for rpm and fuel Guage installment.
    8. I have genuine army used bike owner manual if anybody wants I can upload pics.
    9. I have access to some distinguished ex army mechanics but currently bike is in my village near Bahawalpur and Multan so looking for mechanics nearby mainly for tuning etc and paint job.

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    scarfase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    keep it as original as it comes from factory

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,424
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    First you want it to restore Stock then you need alterations which will require bike a "Heart Bypass" ? I cannot decide if you need advice or help..


    Quote Originally Posted by sajid.akbar.503 View Post
    NOW I need help on few things for restoring it to STOCK not modify or make it a cafe racer rather thinking of again giving it a new spirit.
    Sorry for not posting pics right now I will do it later IA. Queries are as under :-
    1. Suggested color.. Especially for mudguards whether to color them or chrome them.
    2. 125 carb or try some new one, if new than which one.
    3. Any good suggestions for mechanic /paint job in Multan or Bahawalpur.
    4. Bike is in point so should keep it as it is or change it to cdi. Cdi If not of cm250 than of sazgar rickshaw or which one.
    5. Any suggested front disk brake system.
    6. Windshield or without windshield.
    7. Any suggestions for rpm and fuel Guage installment.
    ...
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  4. #4
    Newbie Follow
    mfarooqmasood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by sajid.akbar.503 View Post
    Hi, need to know a few things from the worthy members of PW. Friends I own very dearly a Honda cd200 Roadmaster, was able to source it's parts from almost all over country  and been learning since last 3yrs. NOW I need help on few things for restoring it to STOCK not modify or make it a cafe racer rather thinking of again giving it a new spirit.
    Sorry for not posting pics right now I will do it later IA. Queries are as under :-
    1. Suggested color.. Especially for mudguards whether to color them or chrome them.
    2. 125 carb or try some new one, if new than which one.
    3. Any good suggestions for mechanic /paint job in Multan or Bahawalpur.
    4. Bike is in point so should keep it as it is or change it to cdi. Cdi If not of cm250 than of sazgar rickshaw or which one.
    5. Any suggested front disk brake system.
    6. Windshield or without windshield.
    7. Any suggestions for rpm and fuel Guage installment.
    8. I have genuine army used bike owner manual if anybody wants I can upload pics.
    9. I'm honoured to be in pakarmy so have access to some distinguished exarmy mechanics but currently bike is in my village near Bahawalpur and Multan so looking for mechanics nearby mainly for tuning etc and paint job.

    AsslaM o AlaikuM Bro,

    I hope you will like My Suggestions:

    1.) PAINT : There are 2 types of Stock Colors Those were ORIGINAL Paint colors.
    a.) Candy Ruby Red Paint Code: R4C ~~~ Use the same paint for Mudguards if using Red Colour ~~~
    b.) Candy Sapphire Blue Paint Code: PB3C ~~~ Use chrome with this Paint if Using Blue Colour ~~~
    2.) I would suggest to find original CD200 Carb as its easily available in Pakistan with many people.
    3.) Sorry Bro cannot guide about this Question as I do not belong to Multan or Bahawalpur but in Lahore Bilal Autos at Jail Road is the best mechanic.
    4.) Yes keep it on Point System. Sazgaar can not touch the Genuine point system... But if you get CM250's CDI system then you may use it but my suggestion is to use only Point system.
    5.) For brake system its upto your choice whether you want to install Disk Brake or Normal.
    6.) That's also your choice, if you travel longer distances and drive in the evening or early morning, then its a good option.
    7.) As you know these systems doesn't come as stock but if you like to have these readings additionally, its totally your choice. No issues.


    I hope you would be quite satisfied with my suggestions, these are my personal Suggestions which I told you as per my experience.

    With Best Regards,

    MuhammaD FarooQ.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    Imtiazmughal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    al-Jubayl
    Age
    37
    Posts
    959
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    brother, better to keep this as much as original condition.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Follow the suggestions given by vickytulla. Cd200 kept in original condition in country like pakistan where its parts are sold like gold ornaments is crazy thing to do. Timely modification is required in order to make it a daily runner. Like convert to cdi etc.

    Sent from my SHV-E330S using PW Forums mobile app
    Help others so that u can be Helped

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    ashir2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    37
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    ashir2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    37
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    sajid.akbar.503's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bahawalpur
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks to all for worthy opinion.

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    affanashrafali's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    243
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    What did u decide about rpm and fuel guage?

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    affanashrafali's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    243
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mfarooqmasood View Post
    AsslaM o AlaikuM Bro,

    I hope you will like My Suggestions:

    1.) PAINT : There are 2 types of Stock Colors Those were ORIGINAL Paint colors.
    a.) Candy Ruby Red Paint Code: R4C ~~~ Use the same paint for Mudguards if using Red Colour ~~~
    b.) Candy Sapphire Blue Paint Code: PB3C ~~~ Use chrome with this Paint if Using Blue Colour ~~~
    2.) I would suggest to find original CD200 Carb as its easily available in Pakistan with many people.
    3.) Sorry Bro cannot guide about this Question as I do not belong to Multan or Bahawalpur but in Lahore Bilal Autos at Jail Road is the best mechanic.
    4.) Yes keep it on Point System. Sazgaar can not touch the Genuine point system... But if you get CM250's CDI system then you may use it but my suggestion is to use only Point system.
    5.) For brake system its upto your choice whether you want to install Disk Brake or Normal.
    6.) That's also your choice, if you travel longer distances and drive in the evening or early morning, then its a good option.
    7.) As you know these systems doesn't come as stock but if you like to have these readings additionally, its totally your choice. No issues.


    I hope you would be quite satisfied with my suggestions, these are my personal Suggestions which I told you as per my experience.

    With Best Regards,

    MuhammaD FarooQ.
    Boss the genuine carb PD33T is not easily available.. found one in used condition bought it for 4k but its life was over. After tht couldnt find it again.

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    syedwaqarhussain22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by affanashrafali View Post
    What did u decide about rpm and fuel guage?
    Hey , How can we do these both.

    RPM thing is not so difficult i guess, but for fuel gauge the tank needs an extra hole other than fuel line plus the finishing done should be tested to avoid leakages.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    affanashrafali's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    243
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My road master tank has fuel gauge installed. Yes its a bit tricky job but can be done. and it works with both digital and analog fuel guage.
    As for RPM i have not tested it. I was planning to get a clutch side palla to do the testing but up till now.. failed to find the time.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •