Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: CG 125 Durability

  1. #1
    Newbie Follow
    farhanalirana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default CG 125 Durability

    Hi there!
    I wanted to ask about the durability of CG125 2013 model nd onwards as i own a 13 model nd within these 3 years n couple of months my bike started burning Engine Oil
    First it was asked to replace ring challay as traces of oil was found under the magnet coil.....it was okay
    But the same thing happned again as it consumed a whole litre of Engine Oil in just 25 days nd now i had to replace the ring piston.....piston was loose with weak rings....said the mechanic....
    I dont race or wheel.....sometimes go on full throttle.. No rough riding or overloading
    Can anyone tell what could be the possible reason?
    Further questions are also welcome


  2. #21
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    @hassantahir2 besides I will also advise you not to go for an old lousy used up Ravi Piaggio engine, I am using a brand new engine and that is the only reason its is giving me so much fun... I remember when we placed a used but repaired engine in a Hero 125 and it was total failure.
    Ok sir thank'u v.much.. For guidance. 😃

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,421
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    You are wellcome, I am using the CG+Piaggio bike in daily use and its way more comfortable then it was ever before..

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    Ok sir thank'u v.much.. For guidance. 

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    You are wellcome, I am using the CG+Piaggio bike in daily use and its way more comfortable then it was ever before..
    I will only try to do this if i got hold of a v.good engine otherwise my bike is doing fine at present..

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    elxlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    254
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faheemakbar18 View Post
    which liquimoly and other oils you poured, what was their api?
    Other oils such as Havoline are API SG. But only liqui moly i use which is also 20w-50. API SL.


    Sent from my Phone using PW Forums

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elxlr View Post
    Other oils such as Havoline are API SG. But only liqui moly i use which is also 20w-50. API SL.


    Sent from my Phone using PW Forums
    Api sl is not good for ancient cg engine it needs api sg/sh etc older grade oil

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    elxlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    254
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaudhary007 View Post
    Explain opening half the head ?? Was the head sliced into two ?? i am sure there must be a cut somewhere ??
    How can you say nobody can tell ??

    Jokes apart the procedure you described is employed by everyone who gets headwork done the head and the cylinder are removed and the way the jain is installed back is a giveaway that headwork has been done.... if u dont want bore the other safe option is to go for new cylinder worth Rs1800....So your mechanic(may Allah increase his ranks in Jannat) didnt do anything special.

    Btw u just mentioned his demise first and than this "
    i and my good mechanic keep my bike very very well maintained"
    seems like present tense to me........so which one is it....


    Problem is being lucky enough finding a good, well experienced and HONEST mechanic. In lahore, my Cg used to give 15-23 km/Liter Average. I was tired of these low calibre people. And i have changed as much mechanics in lahore after finding out they were incapable of doing basic stuff.
    My mechanic is in my hometown,near Multan. I asked him about new 1800 cylinder. He said. No need unless u really wanna spend money. I said ok. And he fixed the problem. What more do i need.


    Yea he and me maintain my bike very well, how so?

    Even if there is one little sound in my bike, i take it to him and he fixes it without cost. No matter how many times a day i go.


    Sent from my Phone using PW Forums

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    c123pk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,622
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elxlr View Post
    Problem is being lucky enough finding a good, well experienced and HONEST mechanic. In lahore, my Cg used to give 15-23 km/Liter Average. I was tired of these low calibre people. And i have changed as much mechanics in lahore after finding out they were incapable of doing basic stuff.
    My mechanic is in my hometown,near Multan. I asked him about new 1800 cylinder. He said. No need unless u really wanna spend money. I said ok. And he fixed the problem. What more do i need.


    Yea he and me maintain my bike very well, how so?

    Even if there is one little sound in my bike, i take it to him and he fixes it without cost. No matter how many times a day i go.


    Sent from my Phone using PW Forums
    So he is still alive Shukur Alhamdulillah, Enjoy his company as much as you can bhai

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    akash190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kharian
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,399
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    You are wellcome, I am using the CG+Piaggio bike in daily use and its way more comfortable then it was ever before..
    Yar seat to boht hard hti waisay

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    A real driver knows exactly what's in his car.

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raja20103 View Post
    Yar seat to boht hard hti waisay

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    Rear shocks konsa kam hard hain CG k.......😛

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,421
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Not inly seat but suspension too, thats why its so good at hard cornering and wheelies..

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,421
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    But I am using softer R.piaggio suspension which work awesome..

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    akash190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kharian
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,399
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    But I am using softer R.piaggio suspension which work awesome..

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    And seat?

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    A real driver knows exactly what's in his car.

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    But I am using softer R.piaggio suspension which work awesome..

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    Great! Have you fitted them without any alterations.. As i heard that chain cover needs to be altered for fitting some other rear shocks in CG...

    My front shocks are upto mark close to that of YBR.. I rebuilt them from a good mechanic using some other bikes springs inside and filled them with ATF now there damping is superb.... The rear ones are pathetic even on main roads i can feel the smallest bump......

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  15. #34
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    akash190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kharian
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,399
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    Great! Have you fitted them without any alterations.. As i heard that chain cover needs to be altered for fitting some other rear shocks in CG...

    My front shocks are upto mark close to that of YBR.. I rebuilt them from a good mechanic using some other bikes springs inside and filled them with ATF now there damping is superb.... The rear ones are pathetic even on main roads i can feel the smallest bump......

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Using stock seat?

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    A real driver knows exactly what's in his car.

  16. #35
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raja20103 View Post
    Using stock seat?

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    Yes the seat is still stock.... But as bike is 2011 model. So seat has become soft...

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  17. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    elxlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    254
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Api sl is not good for ancient cg engine it needs api sg/sh etc older grade oil
    Explain please! Just saying not good for ancient doesn't convince. And i feel the difference.

    I feel my sound remains good even after 1 hour full throttle distance covering 85 km.

    Engine does not produce much heat.

    Oil change interval is 1500 km + as stated on the bottle. But still good colour and lubrication condition.

    Bike runs and crosses 120 km easily by reducing wind resistance.

    Only first time liqui moly got black after 1000 km because too much sludge due to previous bad oils. Now its clean and good.


    So please tell me again. Why SL is not good.

    Since synthetic oil is good and top tier oil in every vehicle category and oil category.



    Sent from my Phone using PW Forums

  18. #37
    PakWheeler Follow
    Alir1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    232
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    what is its top speed

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

  19. #38
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elxlr View Post
    Explain please! Just saying not good for ancient doesn't convince. And i feel the difference.

    I feel my sound remains good even after 1 hour full throttle distance covering 85 km.

    Engine does not produce much heat.

    Oil change interval is 1500 km + as stated on the bottle. But still good colour and lubrication condition.

    Bike runs and crosses 120 km easily by reducing wind resistance.

    Only first time liqui moly got black after 1000 km because too much sludge due to previous bad oils. Now its clean and good.


    So please tell me again. Why SL is not good.

    Since synthetic oil is good and top tier oil in every vehicle category and oil category.



    Sent from my Phone using PW Forums
    If you change oil according to color or lubrication property than I feel sorry for that engine I wonder if color is deciding for oil change what will you do if you own a diesel engine oil becomes black as soon as engine complete a single revolution


    Now the thing is a engine oil should be changed as soon as it finishes its zddp warna lubrication tou recleaned oil se bhi hoti hai (getting the point )


    The problem with cg engine is that its 80's era engine depends upon stiff valve spring to rev high no roller over rocker increases friction and wear tear so your engine oil needs high amount of zddp

  20. #39
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    akash190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kharian
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,399
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    If you change oil according to color or lubrication property than I feel sorry for that engine I wonder if color is deciding for oil change what will you do if you own a diesel engine oil becomes black as soon as engine complete a single revolution


    Now the thing is a engine oil should be changed as soon as it finishes its zddp warna lubrication tou recleaned oil se bhi hoti hai (getting the point )


    The problem with cg engine is that its 80's era engine depends upon stiff valve spring to rev high no roller over rocker increases friction and wear tear so your engine needs high amount of zddp
    Saboor bhai what to use to lubricate drive chain to keep it lubricated for long time?

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
    A real driver knows exactly what's in his car.

  21. #40
    PakWheeler Follow
    elxlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    254
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    If you change oil according to color or lubrication property than I feel sorry for that engine I wonder if color is deciding for oil change what will you do if you own a diesel engine oil becomes black as soon as engine complete a single revolution


    Now the thing is a engine oil should be changed as soon as it finishes its zddp warna lubrication tou recleaned oil se bhi hoti hai (getting the point )


    The problem with cg engine is that its 80's era engine depends upon stiff valve spring to rev high no roller over rocker increases friction and wear tear so your engine oil needs high amount of zddp
    No i don't change it based on oil color But mileage. Thanks.

    So which company's oil has the highest zddp at which api rating. At 10w-40 or 20w-50?? Thanks for clarifying.

    JazakAllah


    Sent from my Phone using PW Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •