0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need help breaking in the engine CG125

Hey guys i bought a honda cg125 about a week ago and this is my first 125cc bike and i dont know anything about it. i dont know how to break in the engine. Ive read about 2 types of break in's: hard and easy...
    I recently started to accelerate more on my bike after 100kms, its done about 120 kms now.. and im starting to accelerate more cuz i read on the internet. i need ur help plz. tell me what to do and what not to do.. what oil to use and how to break in the engine.

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Follow plan given in the manual. No one understands your bike better than the people who built it.

I bought a cg 125 deluxe. For first 500km drive it like an underpowered bike i.e CD70. (Think like your father on a 1970s CD70). Do not overtake traffic. Do not accelerate. Stay below 60km/hr and under 5k rpm. After 500km you can take the bike above 60km/hr but for only short period of time. The rpms can be increased but only short bursts. Do not constantly keep them in red zone. After 1000km you can relax a little and drive the bike normally but it isn't until 3000km when you can say that bike is broken.

Experts on the internet think that it isn't until the bike has done 7000km that you start to see full potential of motorcycle.

In conclusion you should follow manufacturer's guidelines given in manual. Ride like your father on an old CD70cc motorcycle i.e slow

Sent from my SM-J700H using PW Forums mobile app

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What about the oil preference? And anything else i should/shouldn't be doing?
    also i read from many sources on Internet and youtube that hard break in's are better. So im confused.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List