Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project: Restoration of My Honda CD 175...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Project: Restoration of My Honda CD 175...

We have had this bike since 1976 (first owner)... my uncles used it, then it was passed down to me, n now my brother has it...

I was so much in love with it that I used to spend hours staring at it, when it was parked in the garage at my nani's place (was not allowed to have it then)...

It has the same sentimental value for me, as spectra's corolla has for him...

I got the bike in 2003 and had it restored in the same year, but then gave it to my bro... He had a few accidents, coupled with jealous neighbours occurrences (white paint was thrown all over the bike’s new shiny black colour), which completely ruined the bike...

It was only after his last accident in Dec '06, when me and my brother decided to have the bike restored once again...

The resto work is almost complete n bhai wud be getting the bike by afternoon today (16.01.2007)...

Here r the pics of the work in process from when i saw it on saturday (13.01.2007)...

Project Restoration of My Honda CD 175 -492581

Project Restoration of My Honda CD 175 -492582

Project Restoration of My Honda CD 175 -492583

Project Restoration of My Honda CD 175 -492584
    '70 VW Beetle, '76 Jeep CJ5 (2jzge), '76 Honda CD 175, '79 Mazda GLC (3sge Beams), '04 KIA Sportage (3CT), '13 Toyota Corolla

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

koi baat nahin sir g...
    thanx...
    '70 VW Beetle, '76 Jeep CJ5 (2jzge), '76 Honda CD 175, '79 Mazda GLC (3sge Beams), '04 KIA Sportage (3CT), '13 Toyota Corolla

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nicely Done.
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am also interested to restore my 200, can any on tell me who is the best person in KHI. for 200.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@devilzpassion

Best of luck for ur new project but try to post details pics for whole restoration process.
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam bhai excellant restoration of bike.i have also honda cd 175.please can you let me know from where i can get original spare parts.please give me da address.next is what type of battery it you put in.i am having original battery 6N12A-2D.but self doesnt work.as soon as put on 12volt battery is works .yar wat willbe the problem.

regards

kamran

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey.....i have senn ur bike.....its really nicee......i have a 175cc too..il post its pictures soon.....im from lahore.....and cant find its parts here anyone plzz guide me.....i have kept it very delicatley.....plzz il b thankful....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilzpassion

We have had this bike since 1976 (first owner)... my uncles used it, then it was passed down to me, n now my brother has it... I was so much in love with it that I used to spend hours staring at it, when it was parked in the garage at my nani's place (was not allowed to have it then)... It has the same sentimental value for me, as spectra's corolla has for him... I got the bike in 2003 and had it restored in the same year, but then gave it to my bro... He had a few accidents, coupled with jealous neighbours occurrences (white paint was thrown all over the bike�s new shiny black colour), which completely ruined the bike... It was only after his last accident in Dec '06, when me and my brother decided to have the bike restored once again... The resto work is almost complete n bhai wud be getting the bike by afternoon today (16.01.2007)... Here r the pics of the work in process from when i saw it on saturday (13.01.2007)... Project Restoration of My Honda CD 175 -977961

Hey Buddy.. congrats a bunch on the restore, looks fantastic. I've had a fair share of keeping these bikes.. owned a 1973 CC175 single carburetor and a CB175 with Dual carburetor's and with 5 speed gear box. till this day I have the CC175 that has a registration plate of KCY-90. One friendly suggestion for the long life of your 175 would be to install its original carburator, currently as I can see from the pictures your bike has the CG125 carburetor which to be honest is very harmful for the engine of your bike, the engine will run lean hence hot due to which engine internals would start wearing at a very rapid pace. so for the long life of your bike/engine make sure you get that installed before making any long trips on it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalam-u-Alaikum

sir recently i've also purchase this bike ... its really a nice bike.......can u plz suggest me a gud mechanic.......coz theres some work to b done...and i've heard tht this bike needs a real gud mechanic to handle..so plz guide me through this...thnxxxx
    For all you who talk about me, thanks for making ME the center of YOUR world!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also with the Original carburetor not only the engine will run cooler It will also perform to its true potential. Mechanics recommend to install the 125 carburetor just to improve the mileage of the bike, what they don't realize is how harmful it is to install a single cylinder carburetor on a double cylinder engine. sacrificing not only engine power but also engine life.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by taalaashh

Assalam-u-Alaikum

sir recently i've also purchase this bike ... its really a nice bike.......can u plz suggest me a gud mechanic.......coz theres some work to b done...and i've heard tht this bike needs a real gud mechanic to handle..so plz guide me through this...thnxxxx

Wsalam. Although I know for a fact there are mechanics who claim to repair these bikes but I have no idea as to who repairs these bikes with all honesty, since I have never come across one who does his work sincerely so in the end despite I know of a few mechanics I cant recommend them to you since I don't have adequate faith in them to fix your bike to its true potential. maybe the OP can recommend his mechanic to you. on a side note If you by any chance have an interest to fix them yourself I can and I will help you out personally in every obstacle you may incur during your rebuild. I'm not in Karachi (Bahrain) hence won't be able to help in person but can through email, webcam, phone.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha135

Wsalam. Although I know for a fact there are mechanics who claim to repair these bikes but I have no idea as to who repairs these bikes with all honesty, since I have never come across one who does his work sincerely so in the end despite I know of a few mechanics I cant recommend them to you since I don't have adequate faith in them to fix your bike to its true potential. maybe the OP can recommend his mechanic to you. on a side note If you by any chance have an interest to fix them yourself I can and I will help you out personally in every obstacle you may incur during your rebuild. I'm not in Karachi (Bahrain) hence won't be able to help in person but can through email, webcam, phone.

thnx alot sir...but fixing it byself i guess tht needs a lot of efficiency..nd interest is not all thing i guess .i have interest but if in the end all things messed up my heart will............. u knw

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Heres Mine CD 175

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Heres Mine CD 175

Project Restoration of My Honda CD 175 -978134

Project Restoration of My Honda CD 175 -978135

,ore will b posted later..

plz suggest me a gud mechanic thnx once again

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Devilspassion

I bought a new Honda CD175 in July 1977 for Rs. 11,400. The price had just dropped after the introduction of Kawasaki KE175 and it was costing Rs. 13500 earlier.

My guess is that your uncle must have bought it for around 12-13 thousand.

Good restoration! Well done.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

absolutely agreed with "yamaha135" a lean mixture or poor jetting will lead to rapid wearing of the cylinder barrel, valves and piston - Lean mixture will cause the engine to run on high temprature thus reducing its life.

Needless to mention the resto is impressive !!!
    Matchles G3L 1941, Triumph TRW 1951, Matchless G3LS 1952, Triumph T 100S 1968, Matchless G2 1958, BSA B-31 1952.......... I am insane!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List