0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Santro BackFire Problem on CNG Only

I have wasted alot of money going to different shops and even to Santro's own service center in Rawalpindi and Islamabad but they could not fix the problem.

My Santro Executive 2004 model used to back fire on CNG and then its air filter box would open up with it. In the start, a tuning would fix the problem only for a week and it would again start. On Petrol it works perfectly without a problem.

Then the problem wouldnt get solved, so I changed the plug wires and it fixed the problem only for a month and again it started to backfire on CNG. I had to change my wires twice again and it seems like it will go on. All the mechanics do is change the wires.

My two questions are:

1. Where does the fault exactly lie since its happening again and again and i cant keep on replacing wires?

2. Telll me a GOOD place where people can REALLY fix problems of such CNG issues and not only do a temporary fix so they can see and fix the problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I faced similiar problem on my Santro GV a few years back. Solved it by using genuine air filter. And a few times, just clean the filter by air purging and problem was resolved.

AB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Santro Backfire problem

Dear just slightly increase the gap of spark plugs. I had the same problem in my Baleeno. After doing this problem was solved.

Regards
    AB

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello to all. While going through this post, i could very well imagine what u people have gone through as this was the exact case that happened to me. My santro was giving me the same problem and i had changed everything from spark plugs to coils but the problem was not solved. i spent thousand of rupees but to no vail. Then a spare parts dealer gave me the name of a mechanic who is an expert in cng tuning. i went to him and told him my problem. He laughed and said that many people from punjab have come to him for the same problem. He told me to relax. He got the spark plugs out and covered the white ceramic area of the plugs with tape and put them back in the engine. From that day on my santro gave me no problem at all till the day i sold it. No backfires, no opening of the air filter cover. Try this and i m sure that ur problem would be solved. Dont change coils, plug wires. Dont mess with the ecu at all. Hope this helps.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I Did A Jugaar To Solve this issue.. I made holes with drill machine and Packed The Air filter Box With Screw Instead Of Brackets. When ever i needed to replace the air filter i just unscrew the box and installed a new one. The Car was still backfiring but Air filter remained closed so no issue. But Now the bottom clips of the filter are almost broken which is causing the problem.

Suggest me whether should i replace the stock air filter box with the an aftermarket air intake. ?
    Will it work with CNG ?
    How will this affect my Fuel Economy ?

Santro BackFire Problem on CNG Only - 1 550279645l

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Santro BackFire Problem on CNG Only - 1314240908 243123364 1 Larawan ng  Simota Air Filter

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear ahsan...
    santro has EFI engine... it has nothing to do with timing setting manually..

Farzand

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Derby52: Fixing the air filter cover with screws is NOT at all is solution, after once or twice after those backfiring the cover of filter will just break and you will have all sorts of problems from extremely back pick/missing and whats not.

@Usmangh: In your case, first step is to change spark plugs, then plug wires, as both of them have been done, the issue is now with coils. As your car kept running on the short plug wires, your coils would have been damaged. Even further there are parts which must be checked.

Along with lots of others, I had same issue with my Santro, fortunately that gone away with just changing the plugs and plug wires for now. And from 2 to 3 weeks it seems to be running very good.

A month before i was much woried from my Santro, but guys here suggested me CNG mechanic who turned out very good knowing person.
    Tariq Nawaz Khatak,
    I&T center islamabad,
    behind the customs Office,
    G 10/4
    Islamabad,

Now see the thread where I had explained my probs and found this mechanic: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/cng...eakage-problem

Plus later I had same air filter cover opening and backfiring issues, got solved from same person. If you visit him, just tell that you have already changed plugs and plug wires. Ask for tariq the elder of bros I guess.. found him good.

Best of luck.

Keep us updated so can learn more about these issues and solutions.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@usmangh the poster: Actually my car (santro) backfired again yesterday when I was going to home from office, as it poped open the cover again. As told that had changed the plugwires and plugs, so visited that mechanic again this morning.

As he checked and told that below the coil (where one end plug wires are plugged in on side) directly below that, there is a grib facing towards the ground, that grip is loose, so when it losens up, it causes that cover to pop open. So he told me to visit electrition for a fix.

So I mean to say is this may even be a minor thing which can cause such issues. I yet to visit electrition and then lets see in 1 to 2 weeks if it is fixed.. But as he pushed with hand for temporary .. car seems to run good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The problem is LOW spark as per CNG requirement. Changing the plug wires of low resistance like ALTIMA sports will solve the problem for sure as i have been using on my santro.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cost of Wires ????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was facing same problem in my car. I have checked Hyundai Islamabad center they told to replace wires.
    But I resolved this issue with Rs. 250/- do go any where neither change wire nor spent money. Its an issue of Cng mechanic. Just find a Google cng mechanic . My car adjusted by khatak Cong workshop in g-8. Now my car does not back fire.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmangh View Post
    I have wasted alot of money going to different shops and even to Santro's own service center in Rawalpindi and Islamabad but they could not fix the problem.

My Santro Executive 2004 model used to back fire on CNG and then its air filter box would open up with it. In the start, a tuning would fix the problem only for a week and it would again start. On Petrol it works perfectly without a problem.

Then the problem wouldnt get solved, so I changed the plug wires and it fixed the problem only for a month and again it started to backfire on CNG. I had to change my wires twice again and it seems like it will go on. All the mechanics do is change the wires.

My two questions are:

1. Where does the fault exactly lie since its happening again and again and i cant keep on replacing wires?

2. Telll me a GOOD place where people can REALLY fix problems of such CNG issues and not only do a temporary fix so they can see and fix the problem.

Bro reduce the gap of plugs tips....INSHAALLAH problem will be resolve...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As already quoted the machanic decrease the gap and did distributor timing upwards. Now there is no backfire plus the millage on Cong has also very very excellent. I concluded if one sure that there is only issue of Cng then he should go to Cng workshop instead of wasting money in Hyundai center or with efi experts

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

following 2 solutions worked in my case

a) Change plugs
    b) Adjust Plug Gaps
    LIve your life at the speed no one else can imagine

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

air filter should be a good made.
    these crappy air filters seal are not that thick enough from sides to completely seal the air filter box.............
    air should not be blocked more than 30%.................
    use quality plugs and wires........
    do not wash engine..........
    that resolved backfiring in my case
    I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension...............................Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by THEBLUEMOON View Post
    Dear Usman, U know that santro is an efi car. Means the engine works via all the input sensors to the ECU. The exhuast of the engine produces differential states of diffused and mixed gases. in which CO carbon mono oxide, CO2 carbon di oxide, HC hydrocarbon and some wasted gases are produced in a compact ratio. The problem of backfireing is relevant to such the outed ratio of these gases. The common mechanic just screwed the gas adjuster to avail maximum pick up. I have santro club and I feel much difference when I tune up my car on gas wid computer input sensor CIS machine from commercial marker named Master 2 garage. I feel much difference. My car had left the back firing and its look very light with great pick up. I examined that before tunned my car from Master 2 Garage, the CO was going upto 12.83 percent. After CIS tunning, the CO parameters was going under 0.02 percent which gave my car great pickup, excellent consumption and trouble free driving. I advise u to go theri for ur best ever tunning with CIS apparatus. For further cury, call me at 03435558053. And my good name is Taimoor. I am much confident that this will suits you to solve your problem. No need to change plug wires, air filter etc. etc. Regards
    Brother taimoor, what / where exactly is Master 2 garage?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List