0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ZIC A+ Oil decreases suddenly

Vehicle I am using is Santro Club, Purchased Apr-2009, Manufactured 2009.
    Traveled 23000 km (almost more than 80% of total millage on highways).
    Only single handed used by my self. just a couple of times any one from home could even take for a ride.

currently it's ZIC A+ in the Vehicle since the first time I purchased the car. I am changing oil every 2500 km. only with ZIC A+

Suddenly it started decreasing oil in my Car since the end of last month. I noticed that it's probably because of the weather change. it's hot now a days. I hope there is no mechanical fault in the car. I also felt that it is taking load while driving since this oil decreased. however there is no visible (white or black) smoke from back and as well the color of oil gets also not bad only a little dark when changing.

Upon reading stuff online I found that it's the grade what we prefer while using oil. So I just checked the pack what I used last time in the car.
    it's SAE 5W-20. and I believe I have been using the same grade since the first use because I always got its oil change on Sajjad Motors, from where I purchased the car.

Sajjad Motors, Jail road; they just recommended to use the ENOC that it will not be disturbed because of the the hot weather. I actually never switched from ZIC A+, but the fact about decreasing oil because of hot weather is also known.
    On the same time, Sajjad Motors, has actually started some kind of partnership with Petrotec International, Pakistan (Distributors of ENOC Lubricants) and they are just recommending this oil to every one, no matter there is a need or not. but they are just promoting the oil for sure. So I was not willing to accept their claim for ENOC Synthetic Motor Oil being the best for my car.

I, however, didn't even see the products on ENOC's website which two Sajjad Motors is selling for the Diesel and Petrol Vehicles. Just curious about it what is this all.

So the Questions are..
    1-Is it possible of being a mechanical fault?
    I told you that it's all sudden, in the end of last month, when I also started using AC. I hope that it's only the hot weather issue. however every thing is is just fine, no heat problem. Only I started feeling that it is taking load while driving and on the same time it started decreasing oil.

2-Is the oil ZIC A+ (5W-20) good for current weather?
    If not. then what Oil and what Grade should be better to use all-season because I don't want switching every season.

3-What about the ENOC Synthetic Motor Oil? is there any experiences with this oil?

Or any other things I need to get about?

Last but not the least... I don't want to switch from ZIC A+.

Thank you very much

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Zic A+ is known to have leaking issues from oil seals in hot weather. Just get the seals inspected and replaced. These seals are next to the engine head.

It is a great oil and and you can continue using it in this weather. Although its grade is not suitable for the coming hot weather, I never experienced any problem and nor did I heard of any

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats very odd.

Just to let you know you change oil wayyyy too early. 2500km is nothing for A+ ... 5000-6000KM later the oil that comes out of my City 01 still is useable in bikes :/ ...

Revert to a semi-synthetic Zic A 10w40. Use it around 3000-4000km. Should be good! An excellent oil that I used on my GTti ... no seal leaks ... and that engine gets really HOT ... turbocharged you know.
    1st Generation Integration

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks guys for your answers

@mani1
    There is no leakage from seals for sure. I told you two things what are the issues I faced.
    Could you refer any grade for such a season?

@ahsan1702
    Just to let you know you change oil wayyyy too early. 2500km is nothing for A+ ... 5000-6000KM later the oil that comes out of my City 01 still is useable in bikes
    Yes ofcourse 2500km is very early. but I do it on my own choice. Is it considered bad in any way??????
    and I would like to tell that the Oil decrease, what I noticed, is even on 2500km. Currently it has travelled 1500km after the last oil change and as well the Oil has been decreased by almost 10%, right at the F on gage(I fill it a bit up from the F). I believe, till 2500km, it will be 6-mm below F(on the oil gage)

Revert to a semi-synthetic Zic A 10w40. Use it around 3000-4000km
    1-So do you think the grade I am using currently can really cause such a problem?
    2-Also isn't there any good Grade range in Zic A+ rather than going for Zic A?
    3-So you do prefer using it for more millage? Any drawbacks on low millage oil change?

Any other recommendations or suggestions?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

5W-20 is not to be used in our climate especially summers.

MOre information can be found here

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/oil...ni-environment

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/oil...oil-do-you-use
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bells View Post

dude 20 is too low for hot weather, plus stop & go driving so get something min 30.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I faced the same problem in my city-01,i was also using ZIC A+.the thing is,it's very thin oil and due to hot weather and AC on.the engine gets significant hot then it's in winters hence oil decreases,due to evaporation.So now i use ZIC A in summers and ZIC A+ in winters.BTW i think,KIA recommends to use 10w40 grade oil in santro.
    As for changing the oil @ 2500km.Yes it's too early for ZIC A+.u should at least use it for 5000 K,as already recommended,and yes changing oil that early does effect ur engine,because company recommends it to be used for 10K.
    Qaiser Pal,I have not failed.But found 1 of 10,000 ways which doesn't work.....Toyota driver "I couldn't repair my brakes,so i made my horn louder"..When i was born i was so surprised that i didn't talked to one and half year..since light travel faster then sound,people appear bright until you hear them speak..If u can't convince them,confuse them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Bells you check Xado oil( www.Xado.com) it is best oil ever i used and it have some kind of metal construction material.check this web site for your car the best is 5W 40 Syntactic or 10W 40 (City line) Mineral but it is equal to Sami Synthetic , you check your engine sound and also performance in pick,sound of the car also and fuel consumption.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bells

No there is no real bad thing in changing oil that quick, apart from the fact that its waste money wise since that oil is perfectly fine. For me the rule of thumb is 2500-3000km for the Minerals, 4000-5000 for the semi-syn and 6000 for the synthetics. Values halved for turbo cars ... Allah ka shukar never had engine problems due to bad oil yet.

The reason you're loosing oil is certainly the low grade ... Zic A+ is only available in 5w20. You might find it in 5w30 somewhere.

Note that im using 5w20 in my City 01 and havent had any loss of oil. That MAY be because I run petrol rather than CNG, and if I recall correctly ... engines on CNG heat up a bit more.

Zic A 10w40 is a good oil. Its doing wonders on my gtti as I said before, and being a turbocharged engine (oil cooled turbo) and a 20is year old one at that ... it really gives the oil a good thrashing or something along the lines of that, hope you get what I mean. Cooling the turbo and running that motor which is under boost and the high rpms *8k* ... if that oil wasnt good, I would have a dead engine by now.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vehicle I am using is Santro Club, Purchased Apr-2009, Manufactured 2009.
    Traveled 23000 km (almost more than 80% of total millage on highways).
    Only single handed used by my self. just a couple of times any one from home could even take for a ride.

currently it's ZIC A+ in the Vehicle since the first time I purchased the car. I am changing oil every 2500 km. only with ZIC A+

Suddenly it started decreasing oil in my Car since the end of last month. I noticed that it's probably because of the weather change. it's hot now a days. I hope there is no mechanical fault in the car. I also felt that it is taking load while driving since this oil decreased. however there is no visible (white or black) smoke from back and as well the color of oil gets also not bad only a little dark when changing.

Upon reading stuff online I found that it's the grade what we prefer while using oil. So I just checked the pack what I used last time in the car.
    it's SAE 5W-20. and I believe I have been using the same grade since the first use because I always got its oil change on Sajjad Motors, from where I purchased the car.

Sajjad Motors, Jail road; they just recommended to use the ENOC that it will not be disturbed because of the the hot weather. I actually never switched from ZIC A+, but the fact about decreasing oil because of hot weather is also known.
    On the same time, Sajjad Motors, has actually started some kind of partnership with Petrotec International, Pakistan (Distributors of ENOC Lubricants) and they are just recommending this oil to every one, no matter there is a need or not. but they are just promoting the oil for sure. So I was not willing to accept their claim for ENOC Synthetic Motor Oil being the best for my car.

I, however, didn't even see the products on ENOC's website which two Sajjad Motors is selling for the Diesel and Petrol Vehicles. Just curious about it what is this all.

So the Questions are..
    I told you that it's all sudden, in the end of last month, when I also started using AC. I hope that it's only the hot weather issue. however every thing is is just fine, no heat problem. Only I started feeling that it is taking load while driving and on the same time it started decreasing oil.

If not. then what Oil and what Grade should be better to use all-season because I don't want switching every season.

3-What about the ENOC Synthetic Motor Oil? is there any experiences with this oil?

Thank you very much
    salam hey bro there is no mechanical problem or leakage problem with your car, let me tell you one thing, i used zic in my lancer 1.6, in hot weather it always decreases on the gauge, i also faced the same problem, sythetic oil is not for hot weathers dude, its good for cold climatic conditions, use 20w50 mineral based oils in hot weathers, they are better even far more better then synthetics in hot season, i now use petromin ultra-7 in my vehichle and i am pretty much satisfied with the results man. its flashing point is 5000km's and is very good for hot temp. its a saudi oil.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So the Questions are..

Thank you very much
    1. i doubt it is a mechanical fault, since you have explained everything about your car.
    2. honestly 5W20 isn't that good for hot climates, A+ also comes in 5W30 which is alot better for our hot climates (but not ideal). however if you MUST stick with Zic then i suggest you find yourself some 5W30 and continue to change it at your regular 2500km intervals.
    3. ENOC has good oils but considering how often you are changing your oil there are also many alternatives out there which can perform very well for 2500kms (infact all high-end oils perform well for 2500kms).

Quote Originally Posted by adeelasalat View Post
    salam hey bro there is no mechanical problem or leakage problem with your car, let me tell you one thing, i used zic in my lancer 1.6, in hot weather it always decreases on the gauge, i also faced the same problem, sythetic oil is not for hot weathers dude, its good for cold climatic conditions, use 20w50 mineral based oils in hot weathers, they are better even far more better then synthetics in hot season, i now use petromin ultra-7 in my vehichle and i am pretty much satisfied with the results man. its flashing point is 5000km's and is very good for hot temp. its a saudi oil.
    synthetics can be used in hot and cold climates depending on their SAE rating. though you seem happy with petromin i should point out that 20W50 isn't the only good rating for PK, infact 10W40 is also acceptable (except in peak summer conditions in traffic with a weak cooling system). Many oils perform well in summers as long as they are designed to perform well under those conditions, now considering he doesn't wish to switch brands we must help him find a solution (as above).

BTW what did you mean by "flashing point"? do you mean that this is when the oil should be changed? (drain interval)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    1. i doubt it is a mechanical fault, since you have explained everything about your car.
    2. honestly 5W20 isn't that good for hot climates, A+ also comes in 5W30 which is alot better for our hot climates (but not ideal). however if you MUST stick with Zic then i suggest you find yourself some 5W30 and continue to change it at your regular 2500km intervals.
    3. ENOC has good oils but considering how often you are changing your oil there are also many alternatives out there which can perform very well for 2500kms (infact all high-end oils perform well for 2500kms).

synthetics can be used in hot and cold climates depending on their SAE rating. though you seem happy with petromin i should point out that 20W50 isn't the only good rating for PK, infact 10W40 is also acceptable (except in peak summer conditions in traffic with a weak cooling system). Many oils perform well in summers as long as they are designed to perform well under those conditions, now considering he doesn't wish to switch brands we must help him find a solution (as above).

BTW what did you mean by "flashing point"? do you mean that this is when the oil should be changed? (drain interval)
    sorry my mistake bro i am talking about drain interval not flashing point i appologize.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im using ZIC A+ on my vitz 01 on CNG
    i havent faced any kind of problem using it and im using oil for 6000km regularly
    He who hesitates is not only lost but miles away from the next exit

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

try to use some 10w 40 like Zic A in your santro the issue will be solved. if you can even Zic Hiflow 20w 50 is an ideal oil if you want to stick with Zic in your santro

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Zic A you get here is 10w/40 and NOT 5w/40 as advertised on the website!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know this thread is old but I wanted to explain it a bit more.

Zic A+ 5W20 is excellent for cold weather and not recommended at all in hot weather specially when you are driving on highway with high rpm speed. Zic employees will say that you can keep using A+ in hot weather as well but trust me, don't believe them because the viscosity of A+ is pretty low so the oil will decrease and your engine will have more wear if you keep using it in hot weather.

So switch to Zic A 10W40 during summer.

If you don't want to use different oil for winter and summer, you can use Zic XQ 5W40 for any weather in Pakistan. Remember that this oil is fully synthetic (group 4) so it's expensive when compared to A and A+. According to Zic, XQ could be used up to 20,000 km but practically you must use it up to 8,000km or 10,000km. Now the problem which I see in using this oil up to 10,000km is oil filter. For Pakistani environment, I don't recommend using any oil more than 5,000km because even if the oil's quality is good and could be used more, the oil filter will get dirty.

Just to summarize, I recommend you use Zic A+ for winter and Zic A for summer.
    Your second option is Zic XQ 5W40 which could be used for both winter and summer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well it all depends on your vehicle requirement.. For example u can use 5w 20 or 0w 20 viscosity in any weather if ur owner manual recommends you to use... In my personal option Ow 30 is the best

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes I know most of the new car's manual says 0W20 or 5W20 but still I have fear using such oils specially in high temperatures 40+ C. These oils may give better fuel economy but they will ruin your engine in the long run specially if you are planning to use your car above 100,000 km.

I did a lot of reading related this issue and I came to conclusion as stated in my previous reply. Even people in USA related car forums are recommending 5W30 or 10W30 for summer for obvious reasons of viscosity. So for Pakistan 10W40 is best.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please guide me. I am using ZIC XQ in my Suzuki Swift 2011 model 45000km driven. I am thinking to shift to Liqui Moly. Should I change or stick to ZIC XQ

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pirferoz View Post
    Please guide me. I am using ZIC XQ in my Suzuki Swift 2011 model 45000km driven. I am thinking to shift to Liqui Moly. Should I change or stick to ZIC XQ
    First answer few questions:

=> Where do you drive mostly? Highway or city?
    => How's your driving style? You drive fast in high rpms or try to drive slow in low rpms?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List