0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ZIC A+ Oil decreases suddenly

Vehicle I am using is Santro Club, Purchased Apr-2009, Manufactured 2009.
    Traveled 23000 km (almost more than 80% of total millage on highways).
    Only single handed used by my self. just a couple of times any one from home could even take for a ride.

currently it's ZIC A+ in the Vehicle since the first time I purchased the car. I am changing oil every 2500 km. only with ZIC A+

Suddenly it started decreasing oil in my Car since the end of last month. I noticed that it's probably because of the weather change. it's hot now a days. I hope there is no mechanical fault in the car. I also felt that it is taking load while driving since this oil decreased. however there is no visible (white or black) smoke from back and as well the color of oil gets also not bad only a little dark when changing.

Upon reading stuff online I found that it's the grade what we prefer while using oil. So I just checked the pack what I used last time in the car.
    it's SAE 5W-20. and I believe I have been using the same grade since the first use because I always got its oil change on Sajjad Motors, from where I purchased the car.

Sajjad Motors, Jail road; they just recommended to use the ENOC that it will not be disturbed because of the the hot weather. I actually never switched from ZIC A+, but the fact about decreasing oil because of hot weather is also known.
    On the same time, Sajjad Motors, has actually started some kind of partnership with Petrotec International, Pakistan (Distributors of ENOC Lubricants) and they are just recommending this oil to every one, no matter there is a need or not. but they are just promoting the oil for sure. So I was not willing to accept their claim for ENOC Synthetic Motor Oil being the best for my car.

I, however, didn't even see the products on ENOC's website which two Sajjad Motors is selling for the Diesel and Petrol Vehicles. Just curious about it what is this all.

So the Questions are..
    1-Is it possible of being a mechanical fault?
    I told you that it's all sudden, in the end of last month, when I also started using AC. I hope that it's only the hot weather issue. however every thing is is just fine, no heat problem. Only I started feeling that it is taking load while driving and on the same time it started decreasing oil.

2-Is the oil ZIC A+ (5W-20) good for current weather?
    If not. then what Oil and what Grade should be better to use all-season because I don't want switching every season.

3-What about the ENOC Synthetic Motor Oil? is there any experiences with this oil?

Or any other things I need to get about?

Last but not the least... I don't want to switch from ZIC A+.

Thank you very much

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ifadey View Post
    First answer few questions:

=> Where do you drive mostly? Highway or city?
    => How's your driving style? You drive fast in high rpms or try to drive slow in low rpms?
    I mostly drive in city. My driving style is not much harsh. Gear shifting in low RPM.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes I know most of the new car's manual says 0W20 or 5W20 but still I have fear using such oils specially in high temperatures 40+ C. These oils may give better fuel economy but they will ruin your engine in the long run specially if you are planning to use your car above 100,000 km.

I did a lot of reading related this issue and I came to conclusion as stated in my previous reply. Even people in USA related car forums are recommending 5W30 or 10W30 for summer for obvious reasons of viscosity. So for Pakistan 10W40 is best.
    Any peer-reviewed objectice sources? Engine tests conducted in a controlled environment? UOA's? Please provide us with any of these.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    Any peer-reviewed objectice sources? Engine tests conducted in a controlled environment? UOA's? Please provide us with any of these.
    Please don't consider that old comment of mine now. Because after more digging in the topic, I realized I was wrong. Modern cars require thin synthetics which are best fuel economy and cold start.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please don't consider that old comment of mine now. Because after more digging in the topic, I realized I was wrong. Modern cars require thin synthetics which are best fuel economy and cold start.
    Yes I've used zic A+ on my APV van for 178000 km when i sold it and engine was still very strong!
    I am using it in all my cars and they are running fine
    Always respect your parents

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pirferoz View Post
    I mostly drive in city. My driving style is not much harsh. Gear shifting in low RPM.
    If you don't drive in high rpms or on highways, then using 5W-40 is bit of overkill and waste of money. Use thin oils like 0W-30 or 0W-20.
    Secondly most of the time brand doesn't matter. Look for viscosity specially at 40C in the specs because most of the engine damage/wear occurs when you start it in the morning with cold engine. So oil with lower viscosity at lower temperature will flow better in cold start and better lubricate the engine.

For example according to specs of Kixx Neo 0W-20 and Zic A+ 5W-20:
    Kixx 0W-20 have 48.2 viscosity at 40C temp and Zic A+ have 52.3 viscosity @ 40C temp so for cold start 0W-20 is much better than 5W-20.

Now if you compare the viscosity at 100C, Kixx 0W-20 have 8.8 viscosity and Zic A+ have 8.9 viscosity. Which means at operating temperature of engine i.e. 100C the viscosity of both oils will be same.

This example proves that you must better look for viscosity at 40C no matter what brand it's. So to summarize, check manual of your car. Suppose it says 5W-30. Now look for 0W-30 oil instead of 5W-30 because both of these oils will have same viscosity at operating temperature but 0W will better lubricate your engine at cold start and hence less wear will occur. Both Zic OW 0W-30 and Kixx Neo 0W-30 are good oils because they have almost same specs.

Personally I use 5W-20 or 0w-20 in my local assembled Wagon R because the manual recommends (0W-20) in it. Also I use thin gear oil like 75W-80 (according to manual) or 75W-85 and I keep tyre pressure at 36psi (according to manual/door side sticker). This way I get 25-28 Kilometer/Liter mileage most of the time on Islamabad Highway with 60-70 km/h constant speed.

I recommend you read following series of articles for further understanding:
    Motor Oil 101 - Bob is the Oil Guy - Bob is the Oil Guy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Yes I've used zic A+ on my APV van for 178000 km when i sold it and engine was still very strong!
    I am using it in all my cars and they are running fine
    Should we call it ignorance but with great peace of mind?
    ZIC A+ is 5w-20 (before it was 5w-30). Whereas APV is loader van where min. 10w-40 is recommended by suzuki.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Should we call it ignorance but with great peace of mind?
    ZIC A+ is 5w-20 (before it was 5w-30). Whereas APV is loader van where min. 10w-40 is recommended by suzuki.
    Suzuki recommends 10W-40 for every car they sell only because that's the only viscosity rating oil they have. PLUS they are selling old API spec oil "SM".
    Never ask dealership for recommended oil. Always look in the manual for recommended oil. Ask yourself whether Pak Suzuki knows better about the engine or the engineers who designed the engine?

Pak Suzuki recommends 10W-40 for my car as well but manual says 0W-20. I hate so hard pak suzuki for such dirty tricks :@

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Suzuki recommends 10w-40 for their old engines, including Swift 1.3, because it provides enough protection all year round in most parts of Pakistan; the old engines had loose tolerances. Even then, they can use 10w-30 or 5w-30 at temps upto 30*C (according to oil chart in the service manual).

Personally, I think that 5w-30 will provide adequate protection all year round, provided that you drive in such a way to keep oil temps low during hot weather, i.e. no towing, minimal stop and go traffic, don't climb hills or mountains, and don't drive continuously on high RPM.

The K-series is a modern engine with tight tolerances; that is why it is spec'd for 0w-20 oil all year round.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    1. i doubt it is a mechanical fault, since you have explained everything about your car.
    2. honestly 5W20 isn't that good for hot climates, A+ also comes in 5W30 which is alot better for our hot climates (but not ideal). however if you MUST stick with Zic then i suggest you find yourself some 5W30 and continue to change it at your regular 2500km intervals.
    3. ENOC has good oils but considering how often you are changing your oil there are also many alternatives out there which can perform very well for 2500kms (infact all high-end oils perform well for 2500kms).

synthetics can be used in hot and cold climates depending on their SAE rating. though you seem happy with petromin i should point out that 20W50 isn't the only good rating for PK, infact 10W40 is also acceptable (except in peak summer conditions in traffic with a weak cooling system). Many oils perform well in summers as long as they are designed to perform well under those conditions, now considering he doesn't wish to switch brands we must help him find a solution (as above).

BTW what did you mean by "flashing point"? do you mean that this is when the oil should be changed? (drain interval)
    Bro from where can I find zic a+ in 5w30? Had no luck yet. I called up the company, searched at all oil stores, spare parts shop, still didn't find it in 5w30. Can anyone please guide me about its availability in Karachi????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bells View Post
    Vehicle I am using is Santro Club, Purchased Apr-2009, Manufactured 2009.
    Traveled 23000 km (almost more than 80% of total millage on highways).
    Only single handed used by my self. just a couple of times any one from home could even take for a ride.

currently it's ZIC A+ in the Vehicle since the first time I purchased the car. I am changing oil every 2500 km. only with ZIC A+

Suddenly it started decreasing oil in my Car since the end of last month. I noticed that it's probably because of the weather change. it's hot now a days. I hope there is no mechanical fault in the car. I also felt that it is taking load while driving since this oil decreased. however there is no visible (white or black) smoke from back and as well the color of oil gets also not bad only a little dark when changing.

Upon reading stuff online I found that it's the grade what we prefer while using oil. So I just checked the pack what I used last time in the car.
    it's SAE 5W-20. and I believe I have been using the same grade since the first use because I always got its oil change on Sajjad Motors, from where I purchased the car.

Sajjad Motors, Jail road; they just recommended to use the ENOC that it will not be disturbed because of the the hot weather. I actually never switched from ZIC A+, but the fact about decreasing oil because of hot weather is also known.
    On the same time, Sajjad Motors, has actually started some kind of partnership with Petrotec International, Pakistan (Distributors of ENOC Lubricants) and they are just recommending this oil to every one, no matter there is a need or not. but they are just promoting the oil for sure. So I was not willing to accept their claim for ENOC Synthetic Motor Oil being the best for my car.

I, however, didn't even see the products on ENOC's website which two Sajjad Motors is selling for the Diesel and Petrol Vehicles. Just curious about it what is this all.

So the Questions are..
    1-Is it possible of being a mechanical fault?
    I told you that it's all sudden, in the end of last month, when I also started using AC. I hope that it's only the hot weather issue. however every thing is is just fine, no heat problem. Only I started feeling that it is taking load while driving and on the same time it started decreasing oil.

2-Is the oil ZIC A+ (5W-20) good for current weather?
    If not. then what Oil and what Grade should be better to use all-season because I don't want switching every season.

3-What about the ENOC Synthetic Motor Oil? is there any experiences with this oil?

Or any other things I need to get about?

Last but not the least... I don't want to switch from ZIC A+.

Thank you very much
    Zic A+ is a fully synthetic oil. It can go upto 16k (Varies car by car) but 2500, seriously? Atleast take it up tp 5k. I've been using Zic in all my cars never ever had any issues. Used it longest in APV from 0-175k no issues engine was like it came from factory. Oil should not be an issue there may be a problem with engine and i don't think Santros engine requires thin synthetic oils. So check that

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bells View Post
    Thanks guys for your answers

@mani1
    There is no leakage from seals for sure. I told you two things what are the issues I faced.
    Could you refer any grade for such a season?

@ahsan1702
    Yes ofcourse 2500km is very early. but I do it on my own choice. Is it considered bad in any way??????
    and I would like to tell that the Oil decrease, what I noticed, is even on 2500km. Currently it has travelled 1500km after the last oil change and as well the Oil has been decreased by almost 10%, right at the F on gage(I fill it a bit up from the F). I believe, till 2500km, it will be 6-mm below F(on the oil gage)

1-So do you think the grade I am using currently can really cause such a problem?
    2-Also isn't there any good Grade range in Zic A+ rather than going for Zic A?
    3-So you do prefer using it for more millage? Any drawbacks on low millage oil change?

Any other recommendations or suggestions?
    Never overfill oil. Its harmful can leak from seals. Oil should be lower then F when car is cold. It expands and will reach at full mark when hot.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List