0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Santro Fuel Pump Failure Within three months

In August suddenly my Santro was not starting on petrol. It was told to me by the mechanic to get fuel pump replaced.
    I took the car to Hyundai Apollo Motors Karachi (from Hyderabad) and got everything changed. The mechanic also told me that they have installed a relay which was not present in the original car and that d 'prolong' the life of the fuel pump.
    Now the problem has recurred and I m at a loss to understand how the pump would fail within three months?
    I spent approx. 6k for the components and labor the previous time.
    The local mechanic is suggesting to get a 'kabli' fuel pump as it d last longer.
    The car usually started itself on petrol and at 1500 RPM it converted to CNG. Apart from that I dont use petrol much.
    The petrol of 500 Rs. lasts for approx. 3 to 4 months.
    Please give guidance to how to avert this problem.
    Regards.
    (I v searched this forum for the same problem but couldn't find appropriate answers so please forgive me if this is a repeated issue)

-

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the intank fuel pumps are cooled by the fuel itself, so there should be enough liquid(petrol) in the tank to cool them off. when the car is on cng the pump keeps on running (to keep the fuel rail pressurized), and if the fuel is low the pump over heats.

now on the sun visor of your santro there should be a sticker mentioning to keep you tank half full all the time, you should follow that, the relay that you mechanic mentioned, should cut of the pump when the car is on cng, after that the pump should not fry, logically.

i think the relay didn't cut of the pump properly.
    still you have no other option to get yourself a new or kabuli pump and keep your tank half full all the time.
    its all about power to weight ratio...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

having atleast quarter tank of petrol always would help to increase pump's life

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my kia spectra fuel pump failure after 8 years thn i installed chinese one thats doing fine since 2008
    ikd

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

imran tell me something dude i had few issues in my cultus intank fuel pump to cut the story short i installed a inline fuel pump with a relay now what i would like to ask when my car is on cng and all yellow lights are on my inline fuel pump is switched off thats it supposed to be but when i push my cng switch once to convert it on petrol and as soon the two lights blink yellow and orange my inline fuel pump starts i can tell with the noise and vibration and than when mixing it start and car starts to missing i convert it on petrol is that suppose to be the process ? i mean the inline fuel pump should start the way i mention ?
    Crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shqamar View Post
    imran tell me something dude i had few issues in my cultus intank fuel pump to cut the story short i installed a inline fuel pump with a relay now what i would like to ask when my car is on cng and all yellow lights are on my inline fuel pump is switched off thats it supposed to be but when i push my cng switch once to convert it on petrol and as soon the two lights blink yellow and orange my inline fuel pump starts i can tell with the noise and vibration and than when mixing it start and car starts to missing i convert it on petrol is that suppose to be the process ? i mean the inline fuel pump should start the way i mention ?

i dont know much but my electrition instal a relay k jab gari cng p convert hogi to fuel pump cut off hojae ga
    ikd

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List