Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Amazing work on Kia Spectra's Engine Main Pulley

Dear All

I have Spectra 2003, last month i got a problem, the generator was not working, A my well known auto mechanic checked and said that generator is ok, but its engine main pulley is not working, its inner side is sliped so thats why belts are not moving in power, so me will have to change the main pulley, then we went to old parts market (Mitho ka Aehata) but could not able to find it, even not new available in the market, i was very much worried that what to do, in the mean time, Mechanic decided to repair the entire pulley. He has lot of different kind of tools, which i never seen before. He drilled the inner side and then made CHURRIAN with a speciall tools called MOOS Kit, and then fit a bolt in the hole, he made two holes and fit bolts, this work made splipped inner side jam packed and then he fitted it to engine, its amazingly worked, Due to his gennius mind i am able to drive my car again, otherwise the car still park in the garage. please also see the pictures of work done.

thanks & regards
    Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274131 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274132 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274133 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274134 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274135 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274136 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274137 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274138 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274139 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274140 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274144 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274145 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274146 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274147 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274148 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274149 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274150 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274151 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274152 Amazing work on Kia Spectras Engine Main Pulley -274153

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

need remarks?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why company didnt think of this?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nyc work man.!
    i also going to buy spectra..bt did'nt find ny good 1..so if ny1 is seelllling spectra plz contact me..
    regard
    fawad
    0333-5368514

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That is only a temporary fix - you need to find that pulley as soon as possible. The reason that pulley is a harmonic balancer type is to swallow up the firing vibrations from the crankshaft as your engine utilises poly V belt to transfer power to the alternator and A/C compressor etc.

The alternator applies a severe brake to the engine and in between the firing pulses of the engine the braked vibration is taken up by the damper that you just locked. The teeth for the crank sensor also will dance across the sensor because of such activity.

This happens in BMW motronic engines a lot but they completely lose firing timing and shut down. mechanics in Pakistan tried this on them, got them started but damaged them further - completely broken pulley, belt tensioner mount etc, damaged crankshaft etc.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar
    Thanks for ur valueable comments, kindly let me know from where i can get pulley, i tried my best to find it either old or new, but could not able to get it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ask some Karachi member to help you, or ask at the Kia/hyundai spare parts shops - it will be costly, but you need it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    ask some Karachi member to help you, or ask at the Kia/hyundai spare parts shops - it will be costly, but you need it.
    Dear Xulfiqar
    I have checked it from all kia related parts shops & old parts shops too, but could not able to get it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ask someone from Dubai or somewhere, phone a Kia/Mitsubishi - Dewan dealership, Karachi junkyard, because I can guarantee you one thing, This pulley will destroy your crankshaft nose in little time and may also eat up your crank main bearings too. The thing that you locked is actually a rotating shock absorber - to damp the shock "brake" the alternator and A/C compressor apply between the 4 firing pulses of the engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar

A genius on Pakwheels, i salute you sir. you have great knowledge Mashallah.
    현대 애인

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ poster.
    Did u check Sultan ka khuu for this pulley?. if not. then go there and check the whole market. I hope u ill find it there. Coz i had seen a shop for kia engine parts but i dont remember that place now.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    ask someone from Dubai or somewhere, phone a Kia/Mitsubishi - Dewan dealership, Karachi junkyard, because I can guarantee you one thing, This pulley will destroy your crankshaft nose in little time and may also eat up your crank main bearings too. The thing that you locked is actually a rotating shock absorber - to damp the shock "brake" the alternator and A/C compressor apply between the 4 firing pulses of the engine.
    exactly ! i thought of this by seeing the first picture when drill is being turned in the damper area ! this is a temporary fix !

@ poster !
    do u want me to chek peshawar shoba for this pully ?
    Gran Turismo !
    20v Silvertop !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro did you check Mitthu Khan Ahata (near saddar), because there i had seen a shop (beside jamaat khana and church) who had 5-6 spectra's engines. I hope you will find that pully from this shop.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thisisanjum View Post
    Bro did you check Mitthu Khan Ahata (near saddar), because there i had seen a shop (beside jamaat khana and church) who had 5-6 spectra's engines. I hope you will find that pully from this shop.
    Dear Anjum & Xulfiqar

@ Anujum thanks for your suggestions bro but i have mention in whole story that i went to everywhere, even mitho ka ahata, other old spare parts & new parts shops too but could not able to find it, mostly shopkeepers was saying that manfacturing is closed now. i dont have any option? So i have to take this risk @ Xulfiqar, the mechanic was saying that how could it destroy the crank, its just to power the belts, and its rubber portion was slipped due to which the belts were not working in power and generator was not working properly, he was saying that only the belt life will reduce, if the belt take two years on a rite pulley, it will take 1.5 years on this altrated pulley.

thanks & regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My all out appreciation for Xulfiqar. Brother you r an asset of PW and Pak, please do not leave this forum ever.

@asifshah5
    here is a link of wikipedia. Just go thru it and you'll know what are the potential harms if u do not change this pulley. Kayani Autos, gawalmandi, rwp deal in all sorts of parts and i think that kia is on their list. Contact them and they get you the part even if it is presently not available in shop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic_balancer
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is the number of kayani autos 051-5552393. Imran autos in saddar also deal in kia's parts and their number is 051-5565397.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You have to change this pulley mate. SPectra engines are available in old parts market. you should be able to find one is Ahata Mithu Khan.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by spectra View Post
    You have to change this pulley mate. SPectra engines are available in old parts market. you should be able to find one is Ahata Mithu Khan.
    @Spectra & Anujum, thanks for your valueable comments, sir i have checked it from Mithu ka Aehata & kiani autos and even all other new parts shops.

thanks & regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your mechanic is wrong bro ! the damper is there for a reason ! the same reason Xulfiqar explained in detail to u
    Gran Turismo !
    20v Silvertop !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Asifshah5 View Post
    Dear Anjum & Xulfiqar

@ Anujum thanks for your suggestions bro but i have mention in whole story that i went to everywhere, even mitho ka ahata, other old spare parts & new parts shops too but could not able to find it, mostly shopkeepers was saying that manfacturing is closed now. i dont have any option? So i have to take this risk @ Xulfiqar, the mechanic was saying that how could it destroy the crank, its just to power the belts, and its rubber portion was slipped due to which the belts were not working in power and generator was not working properly, he was saying that only the belt life will reduce, if the belt take two years on a rite pulley, it will take 1.5 years on this altrated pulley.

thanks & regards

I think you should look for another mechanic, this one doesnt know what the harmonic balancer is there for.

If its no use, ask him why did KIA (mazda) actually put a harmonic pulley in it, why not use a solid one.

There is a reason older cars had a solid pulley, they used V belts instead of multigroove belts which transfer nearly all the torque with very very miniscule slippage unlike the V belt which would bite a little deeper into the pulley if the application was braked.

The above is the same reason most solid pulley old cars with serpentine belts had a V belt for the alternator, the charade CB37, or the Toyota 2C, or the nissan CD20. To save the crankshaft keyway from destroying itself.

Now couple this with the fact that the engine shoves out high torque at certain rpms, which can co-incide with the crankshaft harmonic itself when it flexes from each firing stroke, This pulley comes into action and swallows those vibrations - on the other end the heavy flywheel tries to smooth it but also bounces it back through the crank. If you are also applying a brake with an alternator, then you are magnifying this effect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List