0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default my santro is throwing smoke

sir i have black santro 07........mileage 62k approx.......since 2 or 3 days it is throwing smoke out of its silencer..........i am very much worried.........i went to mechanic it needs rings changed and will cost me 15000 to 20000. what should i do?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does it decrease oil???engine oil i mean.
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default A very old discussion.... but I find it really useful in 2015 as well. Explained wel

Great Explanation Mr. Sunny.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny234 View Post
    well the following two scenarios could be the case with your santro.
    a) if it throws out smoke only in the morning or when its parked for some time like 4 hours and the smoke disappears after 5 minutes or so and there is no smoke after that even when you rev it high then only the valve seals need to be replaced as oil is seeping in the block. the expense can be around 6 k for new seals, gasket, timing belt and labor etc. this is common on cars driven on cng and if you don't use petrol at all.
    b) if the car gives smoke all the time and more on high revs then the car needs a new set of rings at least or pistons and re boring in the worst case. expense can be around 20k.

are you sure that your car was not subject to heating up badly in the past days.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Our Santro is causing 2 issues :
    1. Eating Engine oil like pulses n rice
    2. Giving hard white smoke all the time.

Now mechanic added 300 mL STP "Oil treatment" which was quite thicker oil & it has solved 50% problem(Problem #1).Now oil is not decreasing.Oil treatment is good for saving oil
    Oil Treatment | STP.com

2nd problem is not solved & not affected by "STP Oil treatment". Now in my opinion & study ,i found that it happened because I had not added "STP SMOKE TREAMENT".
    Smoke Treatment | STP.com

Now I am thinking of adding "STP SMOKE TREAMENT" with STP? Engine Stop Leak( for supporting faulty gaskit cracks & seal etc.)
    http://www.stp.com/products/oil-additives/engine-stop-leak

Do any body has any personal experience in this regard? with STP SMOKE TREATMENT.Will it really work with so much dense smoke ? I had satisfactory experience of using same oil in gulf almost 22 years ago but at that time it was very very minor smoke & only was throwing at high rpm (RPM of 3.5 K & above)

I have visited 3 mechanics in Khi with these results:

1. One of them told that he cannot tell expense without opening the Engine.However his Labour for Engine overhaul would be Rs. 8,000/= Parts would be on my pocket.
    He will take engine to Plaza, then whatever cost will come for parts,I would have to pay there.

2. Second one told that Leave totally on him & he will replace rings, pistons,All i have to pay him lump sum amount of Rs. 15,000/= which include all expenses, Labour + parts. Only in the end,I have to bring new Engine Oil,oil filter & air filter.

3.Third one told me that Labour would be Rs. 7,000. Four rings are of Rs. 2200 while 4 pistons cost Rs. 3800 while resurfacing & other Lath machine cost,seals,small rubbers,silicon etc. would be upon me(I can do from wherever I want)

Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List