0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default KIA SPECTRA 2004 MODIFIED

pls kindly help me out in modifying my kia spectra....
    tell me how can i upgrade performance n visuals. its very heavy on petrol and still the pick isnt that good but still runs with civic vti but i need more power.. pls hlp me out ... thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for (realatively) chaep performance you can fit and open airfilter with a blanking plate (to aviod getting hot engine-heated air into the inlet ) and an exhaust (backbox). All in all you'll get no more than 3-4 horespower if you are lucky. Don;t be fooled into changing your plugs and wires to high performance ones unless you are going to add a spark amplified (like MSD) or you'll have NO gains at all for the money you spend.

You can also try to get your hands on a "chip" upgrade from someone like Superchips etc..

For more money you can get a set of cams machined from abroad by giving your engine number (Crane Cams, or Kent Cams will do this for you)

For even more money you can fit a turbocharger (with intercooler) but make sure you get a decent unit and that you lower the compressino ratio or you'll blow your head (very common on high bost cars in PK)

Alternativly you can fit a supercharger but the gains will be less than a turbocharger (and less temperature/ headaches at the same time)

As for visuals you can either get some parts from the US or just get parts made here (make sure the bodykit doesn't generate MORE lift than standard and avoid fitting a rear spoiler) Personally i'd just get a set of front lips and side skirts and leave the original bumpers in place so as NOT to completely destroy the cars aerodynamics.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

very useful tips storm, this will really help a lot. one thing i would like to clarify is that i think the spark amplifier is not for use with distributorless ignition systems. do u agree?
    safety first. always wear seatbelts.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Userid
    I had a distributorless ignition system in both of my 1996 VR6's and they both had them fitted wen i fitted the superchargers to them so i think you can also fit a spark amp to most distributorless ignition systems as well.

Somebody please correct me if i'm wrong (if it is not for ALL cars).
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i really dont know much about it but i read it on this page

http://www.lildevilmotorsports.com/m...er-p-3246.html

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@userid
    The MSD Budget MSD Blaster Ignition Amplifier (the one in your link) won't work with distributorless ignition systems. But if you look here:

http://www.lildevilmotorsports.com/m...rs-p-3249.html

http://www.lildevilmotorsports.com/m...rs-p-3250.html

You'll see that these two CAN be used with distributorless ignition systems.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thats it storm. but where is it available in pakistan and how much would it cost?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is where i become useless,... i have no idea. Maybe @Hash4u & @petercharsi will know

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List