Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem or Confusion about Santro..?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Problem or Confusion about Santro..?

Maine last week he Santro lee hy second hand 2007 prime gv..
    I have some problems like, cng + ac se 75km mileage, in khi, and yes when i filled up my cylinder it didn't go full due to bad pressure i guess! khair.. ye pressure ka he masla tha ya any adjustment required?
    secondly, cng ki 4 led lights hoti hain jab full ho tou, so yahan jese he last 2lights se ek hojati hy uske baad shayd he 2 or 3 kms chalti hy car and then cng khatam hone k signs like car band hojati hy ya missing karne lagti hy, but red light show nahi hoti.. so ek tou ye k santro main red light show hoti b hy ya nahi, i don't know.. but ye last green itni jaldi kese end hojati hy?

btw mileage k lihaaz se ek aur baat.. jis area main mae rehta hun yahan speed breakers bht hain, so 1st and 2nd gear ka b affect hota hoga cng pe with ac?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all, did you check the car properly before going to purchase for second hand car. Before purchasing second hand car, one must take the road test of the car for complete satisfaction.
    Anyways, Now as if you take the car first of all, read the car documents or its service time. May be the car require service.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For the light issue: I dont know which kind of kit your Santro has but it could be sensor problem.

Some kits use LED sensors in the pressure meter gauge(barometer)
    OR
    Mosty a potentiometer is used.

I might just need cleaning and/or adjustment.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well i also get 75-85 km (With AC) mileage on my 2005 Santro Exec GV. I usually shift on high rpms so that can be a reason of low mileage. But i m satisfied with its performance on CNG. Secondly, my Cng LED lights are also malfunctioning so i m using ODO meter to calculate the amount of cng left. I replaced the sensor on CNG KIT but it didn't worked.

R.I.P. Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dude which cylender you have in your car 50L or 55L or 60L ?

btw my khyber give 80 to 85 km with ac in city with 50L...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The Santro GV comes with factory fitted CNG Kit, it contains 3 small cylinders of 14 water liters each, that becomes a total of 42 water litres capacity of gas in your car. These cylinders are filled by a little less than 7 Kgs of Gas at full pressure (if total emptied) and a well tuned car goes about 100 kms in city. (This average can be increased by putting new spark plugs & plug wires and driving the car calmly & without a/c) These measures can also improve the drive and performance of your car. About the L.E.Ds, it doesnt give red light but the last green light will start blinking when gas is low, and if its sensor or switch is faulty it will not show u correct reading in the l.e.d levels. However you can always check the pressure guage in the engine room, if the needle is at 200 its full, if its at 100 then half and so on, or you can just go according to the odometer, like if it goes 100 kms in full cylinder then you can always know that its half at 50kms.
    By the way Santro is a v. good choice, just dont get worried with these little problems, you'll get to know all its as you keep it. Hope you got your answer.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List