Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Santro AC Compressor

AOA All,

Okay the problem is that my Santro's AC has a few problems.
    • Cooling reaches it's maximum only when the car is driven fast 80+ for at least 10 mins.
    • Cooling decreases as you slow the car down.
    • Cooling is almost zero when car is stopped on a signal.
    • Cooling is lower when the car is on CNG.
    • AC trips after every 4,5 seconds when car is stationary (both on CNG and petrol)...
    • ...and generates a lot of 'race'. (If I push accelerator a bit and release then only a few times it happens that the race get low otherwise it's like accelerator is pressed about 1/3rd.)

The AC was working fine until last year I went to Islamabad and got my radiator damaged due to high speed-breakers. I went to Kadda market G-7 for repair but the AC did not perform that well. And now it's performing half of its capability along with problems mentioned above.

I've been told that I need to replace my compressor. Should I go for it? If yes, kindly suggest me reliable places where I can get the parts and service done. I'm looking for places which can service perfectly for the very first time and I don't have to go to them again and again.

Also, there is a "Kabuli" compressor available in market for less than half the price of original. What's the difference. Is kabuli a wise choice? How long will it work?

Please suggest.

Many thanks in advance for your time to read this and your help

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umair07 i am having the exact same issue, i changed my radiator couple of weeks back, No improvement. What solution did you do? please help

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair07 View Post
    AOA All,

Okay the problem is that my Santro's AC has a few problems.
    • Cooling reaches it's maximum only when the car is driven fast 80+ for at least 10 mins.
    • Cooling decreases as you slow the car down.
    • Cooling is almost zero when car is stopped on a signal.
    • Cooling is lower when the car is on CNG.
    • AC trips after every 4,5 seconds when car is stationary (both on CNG and petrol)...
    • ...and generates a lot of 'race'. (If I push accelerator a bit and release then only a few times it happens that the race get low otherwise it's like accelerator is pressed about 1/3rd.)

The AC was working fine until last year I went to Islamabad and got my radiator damaged due to high speed-breakers. I went to Kadda market G-7 for repair but the AC did not perform that well. And now it's performing half of its capability along with problems mentioned above.

I've been told that I need to replace my compressor. Should I go for it? If yes, kindly suggest me reliable places where I can get the parts and service done. I'm looking for places which can service perfectly for the very first time and I don't have to go to them again and again.

Also, there is a "Kabuli" compressor available in market for less than half the price of original. What's the difference. Is kabuli a wise choice? How long will it work?

Please suggest.

Many thanks in advance for your time to read this and your help
    First things first..
    Check your radiator/condensor fan if its working with full potential.
    Check high side and low side pressures to make sure that which thing is at fault condensor or compressor.

About getting compressor kabuli parts are pure luck i purchased in total 3 compressors for my car and got them istalled from the AC technician of that shop so he gives me warranty..
    My 1st compressor lasted about 2 day's. I went to his shop again he replaced the compressor and that compressor just stopped working while he was filling gas after that 3rd compressor was installed that compressor is still working after 3 years of installation flawlessly..

Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved