Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My santro heating-up on a REGULAR basis!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My santro heating-up on a REGULAR basis!

Salam all,

I have a Santro Club on me, the car has done 14K kms at this point. I have had a great time driving the car and strongly believe for a 1000 CC it performs remarkably well.

Just recently I have started to witness a problem that is pain in the *** now! As it stands, I cannot drive the car without the A/C turned on as it would heat up. Apparently, the fan doesnot trigger at the appropriate temperature, pulling the temperature needle very close to the bloody HOT area. This is the point where I turn A/C on, the fan starts immediately taking the car temperature to normal and it continues to be like that till the A/C is funcational. As soon as it is turned off, the bizzare pattern repeats!

Afore-mentioned text explains the problem but its pertinent that I quote a bit of repair history of the car, that might help you guys diagnose the acual problem.

In the cars early days, once it stopped by itself and the engine would just not start The next day I discovered that the car would not start on petrol and ran perfect on CNG. I took it to Hyndai Motors based in Thokar and got it inspected. Witnessed two engineers with conflicting views, one would say that the ECM needs to be checked and the other would not buy his idea and said that the car wirings needs to be assured off before placing hands on ECM.

And hey presto! the problem was fixed, and the car would start on petrol and convert to CNG, Great stuff. I was charged Rs. 500 for the repair and when questioned about the issue the latter engineer goes:

"Aap ki GRIP main masla tha, us main 3/4 wires hoti hain jo engine main ja ker kehin lagti hain, un main sey aik wire sai attach naighn hoi vi thi isi liya poora current naighn tha jatta, aab set ker di hai, geuine fault tha"

From that day, the car has been acting up on me bigtime! Every now and then it would heat-up slightly, I would see the temperature needle cross the 2nd dot but would come back sooner than later, but it definitely was crossing that 2nd dot on a regular basis.

The situation grew worse with time till this stage when I cant get drive the car without the A/C turned on. I have been to the same service center and they say they car has no problems, for some funny reason the car would not heat infront of an engineer and would as soon as I took it back. Anyways, I got it thoroughly checked last week and the engineer goes

"Sir masla dhoond liya hai, GRIP ki aik wire main play hai on both ends, woh hissa jo GRIP main lagta hai aur woh wala bhi jo engine main, he took a glue and as per him fixed the problem"

I drove away safely for 4 days and the bloody problems started to recurr again. I am sick and tired of this problem really and need to get it sorted as a matter of urgency. Can experts especially Santro owners please drop me a line with regards to this matter. Do you reckon the engineer have diagnosed the problem correctly? If yes, may be they could not properl fix the play in that GRIP wire? Desperate for suggestions.

Best Regards
    Ahsan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

adeel
    get ur radiator serviced.
    n forever shall the wolf in me desire the sheep in you!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

trojan ru sure with the saloution?
    adeel

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sad to read that ure in trouble...

i hope thatu re problem is solved by now.

Let me give u a littele advice get the fan direct and if still don get fixed get the radiator pies checked...
    Im not intrested in cars....Im intrested in technolgy .
    ??? ???? ? ????? ????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This has become an old topic, but can any one please tell the location of that Thermostat or Temperature Sensor in Santro?
    Fast driving is cha'cho'ra pann.
    Be decent & drive slow.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi ,ahsan , i hve santro , i hve the same problem . yaar yeh problem sirf fan kee hai , dont u worry , u can fix it by urself. as i did so . go to some gud electrician and just tell him kay fan ka autometic switch check ker dai . simply woo work nai ker raha , jiss kee wajha say AC pay fan chaltay hee car coool ho jati hai . kabi notice kerna kay fan ko direct keroo ghay too foran coool ho jay ghi . so nothing needs to be done with radiator waghaira yaar. its all about fan. switch check kerwa yaar simple.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@imee_imee8989
    yar Santro is an efi car, means it has no temperature switches like FX or Mehran had.
    Santro has temperature sensor (called ECT Sensor, engine coolant temp.). This sensor sends the temperature reading to ECU (a small computer in your car) and that ecu then turns on the radiator fan if needed. If you direct your radiator fan (as our desi mechanics do) then it will badly affect Santro's performance. Engine will never get an optimum temp level.
    If radiator fan is not switching on at proper time then the problem is either of that temp. sensor or with the programming of ecu, which cannot be repaired by any ordinary mechanic.
    Say NO to OPEN LETTERS

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Electrician number

Call this guy he will fix ur problem 03214802610 tell him faisal with white santro gave u his number he will know what to do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by foadahmad View Post
    which model is this ?
    Driving Santro at 160 km/h. Hm......... was it instantly notice speed for a while or it was driven continously at this speed for long? Hope you must received the nice ticket from motorway police for this stunt. lol.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOc9LMGPibI which model is this ?
    Driving Santro at 160 km/h. Hm......... was it instantly notice speed for a while or it was driven continously at this speed for long? Hope you must received the nice ticket from motorway police for this stunt. lol.
    Just for a few minutes although I routinely do 150 .Santro does it smoothly without vibrations if proper wheel alignment etc .. . I have touched 170 in my santro but thats not a good speed for santro (or safe)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by foadahmad View Post
    Just for a few minutes although I routinely do 150 .Santro does it smoothly without vibrations if proper wheel alignment etc .. . I have touched 170 in my santro but thats not a good speed for santro (or safe)
    Once I touched 170km/h on my Crown with 2JZ engine.
    It feels like swimming in air (but wheels on road). But that was like just 1 time incident.
    On Motorways, I keep 110 ~ 130.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List