2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hyundai Santro Fan Club

AOA. This part is purely dedicated to HYUNDAI SANTRO which is available in variants. Share ur experience here. Hyundai Santro Fan Club -502667

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqibasit View Post
    There is no check engine light in santro
    @aqibbasit ... u kidding brother??? if serious then the next time u start your santro...check it below the Zero of speedometer and H of temperature gauge....it flashes for seconds and disappears b4 you crank your car on every start up

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

THANKS to all.AS RIZKHAN said engine was over heating previously i agree with him because during test drive ac was not on and the owner said ac has no gas.after buying i went to mechanic who has been working at sajjad moters lahore.he did tuning oil change throtle body service.he also did service of radiator and said that i have saved your 3500 ac had gas but there was no ac belt as after putting ac belt ac was on and cooling.water in radiator is ok.how can i know that radiator cap is bad.can i drive the car with out ac and where does the heating needle stays during this hot weather without ac.THANKS EVERY BODY.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizkhan2010 View Post
    @aqibbasit ... u kidding brother??? if serious then the next time u start your santro...check it below the Zero of speedometer and H of temperature gauge....it flashes for seconds and disappears b4 you crank your car on every start up
    I m not kidding bro mine does not have dis check light thingy
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ATT: Santro Owners of Lahore,
    Where to get GENUINE and BRAND NEW Front Shocks for Club GV?
    I always get parts replacement from Khalid Autos/Hyundayi Power Autos@ Montgomery Road,
    Both chaps honestly state that all santro shocks in market arent original but taiwan/chinese etc. or Kabli. (5,500 for front pair)..

Please advise/suggest.

=
    LIve your life at the speed no one else can imagine

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imranrb74 View Post
    ATT: Santro Owners of Lahore,
    Where to get GENUINE and BRAND NEW Front Shocks for Club GV?
    I always get parts replacement from Khalid Autos/Hyundayi Power Autos@ Montgomery Road,
    Both chaps honestly state that all santro shocks in market arent original but taiwan/chinese etc. or Kabli. (5,500 for front pair)..

Please advise/suggest.

=
    Go for kabli ones,, they r good
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2003 Model santros don't have check engine light, other do have.
    현대 애인

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umerjee View Post
    THANKS to all.AS RIZKHAN said engine was over heating previously i agree with him because during test drive ac was not on and the owner said ac has no gas.after buying i went to mechanic who has been working at sajjad moters lahore.he did tuning oil change throtle body service.he also did service of radiator and said that i have saved your 3500 ac had gas but there was no ac belt as after putting ac belt ac was on and cooling.water in radiator is ok.how can i know that radiator cap is bad.can i drive the car with out ac and where does the heating needle stays during this hot weather without ac.THANKS EVERY BODY.
    if ur car is not reducing water/coolant then...probably your radiator cap is fine...as well as there is no leakage in the system....the next culprit can be Thermostat valve..get it checked as suggested before..
    Car heat-up needs immediate remedy... turn the engine off...wait for 20/30 minutes... better take it to a good workshop when the temperature comes to normal...if it does not start again, you got no better option than to tow-chain the car to a good workshop... and get it thoroughly checked..!!! (i had a similar experience two years back...where my Suzuki Mehran's head gasket was blown hence car refused to start after heat up)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aqibbasit ..i got it now...2003 model does not have check engine light..
    @Horse-Rider...hows ur car behaving dear???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

imaad and riz khan....Broz u should seriously consider opening up ur own workshops/garages specialized in Santro...setup one in lahore plz. u know every 'ichi bichii' of santro...

acha i ve something to share about the heating issue. my santro also heats up and the reason is that there is a tricky wire which is responsible for starting the radiator fan, that wire just chooses not to work whenever it feels like...now the interesting thing is that whenever(the temp gauge crosses the middle of dots i switch on the a/c and that somehow turns on the radiator fan as well...i ve tried to get it fixed multiple times but it works for a few days then again slips, and i m back to the 'jugarr' technique...i ve also got the fan switch checked its fine, though i almost got the original replaced once, but was saved, thanks to a sensible mechanic...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

plz advise on previous issue...plus imaad, if i seat u in my santro, will u be able to suggest what is wrong with it? coz she's not how it used to be...i know i am not a good maintainer but i keep up with wats required minimum...
    and does anyone have details about all the sensors n their functions on this g4hc epsilon engine...plz share...mine is a 2007 model...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynaveed11 View Post
    imaad and riz khan....Broz u should seriously consider opening up ur own workshops/garages specialized in Santro...setup one in lahore plz. u know every 'ichi bichii' of santro...

acha i ve something to share about the heating issue. my santro also heats up and the reason is that there is a tricky wire which is responsible for starting the radiator fan, that wire just chooses not to work whenever it feels like...now the interesting thing is that whenever(the temp gauge crosses the middle of dots i switch on the a/c and that somehow turns on the radiator fan as well...i ve tried to get it fixed multiple times but it works for a few days then again slips, and i m back to the 'jugarr' technique...i ve also got the fan switch checked its fine, though i almost got the original replaced once, but was saved, thanks to a sensible mechanic...
    dear @naughtynaveed...thanx but i myself am a learner and have only surface knowledge about cars to be honest...
    most of us here on this site share our experiences with each others to help resolve our car related problems
    coming back to ur issue...your car is behaving absolutely NORMAL...
    the tricky wired fan that comes on and off means that:
    1) Your Fan is on automatic setting which is good (another option is direct fan which is a bad option)
    2) You have a NORMAL working Thermostat valve which is also a good news
    hence both are good news...your radiator fan will turn on when it is required...it will turn off when it is not required, automatically...and when u turn on ur AC ur fan will remain ON most of the time..which is again a normal thing...
    your temperature gauge needle should ideally remain anywhere between the two dots....which means that your car's engine temperature is at its Optimum level i.e, the most suitable level...so no need to turn on AC for turning on the fan you should start worrying only when the temperature needle crosses the two dots and approaches the red zone "H" which means that you are in trouble....
    your car doesnt have any of these problems...so, dont waste your time and money and energy by visiting workshops for no reason..as the saying goes:
    "beemari ko chorrho matt...aur sehtmand ko cherrho matt"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizkhan2010 View Post
    @aqibbasit ..i got it now...2003 model does not have check engine light..
    @Horse-Rider...hows ur car behaving dear???
    @Rizkhan, bro yesterday visited AC mechanic for AC problem, if you remember a dog accident when car's bumper was damaged, that time the condenser of AC was minor leaked but AC worked for some weeks, the culprit was that leakage due to which AC stop working, AC mechanic recharged the gas, service the condenser and weld it, service the evaporator, and changed the drier. AC is now okay. and for the blue smoke problem at inclined area, the problem is now worst and blue smoke is there at signals stop, and partially on road but not continuous, I am busy in house construction, thats why engine work is pending.
    현대 애인

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynaveed11 View Post

The sensor which switch ON the fan is faulty and can not sense the temperature at which the fan should be switched ON, therefore you need to switch the AC ON in order to get the fan direct for some time and bypass that sensor. try to find out that sensor and clean/replace it.
    by the way I do have the same problem you mentioned, but lazy enough to find the sensor
    현대 애인

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Horse_Rider, naughtynaveed11, all those facing Santro heating issue

This is a chronic problem in most Santros. The problem is with weak "Sensor Ground"? to the temperature sensor (ECT sensor). Because of this weak grounding, radiator fan switches ON at the temperature which is higher than optimum temperature.
    Luckily the solution to this problem is very simple. You have to connect Pin-1 of ECT sensor's grip to Pin-4. See picture for detail. Pin-1 gets chassis ground from ECT sensor's metallic body, which is a strong electrical ground.
    I have applied this technique to my own Santro-2002 and it is working perfectly after that.Hyundai Santro Fan Club -418157
    Say NO to OPEN LETTERS

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rizkhan..thanx buddy. the prob u mentioned is wat i face,the needle does cross the dots n keeps goin up until i switch on the AC n hence the Rad fan....the wire that i mentioned, it doesnt go on and off, once it is off(disconected) it never works until the electrician joins it again...

Sounds good Xplorer, but can u elaborate more about how u join the pins 1&4, and which is the exact grip of the ect sensor?a pic wud do wonders...
    cheers...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@naughtynaveed11
    Location of ECT Sensor is near the ignition coils and thermostat valve, where radiator's upper pipe connects with engine. See the picture below

Hyundai Santro Fan Club -418396

Also note that most of the time electricians have messed up with the wires of ECT sensor, therefore wire colors may not be those I mentioned (i.e black on pin-1 and green on pin-4)

Let me tell you an easy way.
    Step-1) Locate the large (about 1 sq. inch size), black grip of ECT sensor
    Step-2) It has a lock or notch or a button type thing on upper side, press it gently and pull the grip
    Step-3) Hold the grip in your hand in such a way that its holes or connection points are facing you and its lock notch is on the upper side
    Hyundai Santro Fan Club -418401
    (see pic of C21 connector above)
    Step-4) Now the upper-right point is Pin-1 and lower-left point is Pin-4 (see pic of C21 connector above)
    Step-5) Now on the back side of connector identify the wires which are going to Pin-1 and Pin-4
    Step-6) Uncover these two wires gently and give them a twist with each other or use a small wire to connect them. Apply some tape on the joint.
    Step-7) Reconnect the grip firmly
    Step-8) Start the engine and do not switch on AC, note that Check Engine Light must not be ON
    Step-9) Radiator fan must start when temp needle reaches near the dots
    Step-10) If fan does not start, switch off the engine and check every thing carefully. Go to some electrician if the problem is not solved.
    Say NO to OPEN LETTERS

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hyundai Santro Fan Club -418437

Pls note that the pin numbers shown here are the view of sensor's male pins. Grip's pin-1 will face sensor's pin-1. That's why pin numbers in both pictures are different.
    Better you confirm pin-1 by checking its continuity with engine/body, and pin-4 is diagonally opposite to pin-1.
    Say NO to OPEN LETTERS

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@xplorer
    nicely explained ..........
    Sharing is caring....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@xplorer... you elaborated it quite well.. though such details of electronics usually shot above my head
    i got a query.. this built-in problem of fan-working-late is only model specific ?? i mean as u said that your 2002 model had this problem...is it in all the models?? i didnt have this in my 2005 model santro...or may be it was rectified by the previous owner...as i havnt experienced this problem so far...what do u say?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA Brothers !!!
    I am here to have an estimate of my father's car Hyundai Santro 2006 Club Gv.
    Colour Sky Blue
    Milage 118000kms
    Manual Transmission
    Petrol and CNG factory fitted (3 cylinders)
    Token clear till June 2012.
    Engine Overhauled once
    Mechanically Fit
    Out side condition is 7/10
    Inside Condition 8/10
    mp3 player with good speakers.
    Lahore Registered
    One Piece Painted i.e. right front fender
    How much i can get for it ?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List