2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hyundai Santro Fan Club

AOA. This part is purely dedicated to HYUNDAI SANTRO which is available in variants. Share ur experience here. Hyundai Santro Fan Club -502667

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasim625 View Post
    Yes it can be installed. Don't go for electric power steering. Use hydraulic power steering from Hyundai Santro Exec. It'll cost 20 to 25k complete job.
    But it is not recommended. It would be more safer and faultless if you just sale this model and get an Exec variant of Santro 2008.
    Bro why it is not recommended if exec has it.and I m sure that Hyundai will be able to install hps in santro and the prices of parts u quoted r of new or used parts

Sent from my GFIVE G10 mini using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by altisdualvvti View Post
    Bro why it is not recommended if exec has it.and I m sure that Hyundai will be able to install hps in santro and the prices of parts u quoted r of new or used parts

Because our mechanics are not that much skilled - to be honest they don't even have proper tools and equipment to do this job. If you can find a learned mech. than doing that is not a problem.

And if i am not wrong there is slight difference between Club and Exex steering column and assembly - exec has a wider steering comb. Any how a learned and really experienced mech. can solve this thing. Keeping in view of availability of such a person in Pakistan i would suggest the best thing is to replace it with Exec - a factory fitted aka problem free hydraulic steering.

These prices are of old/used aka kabuli parts prices not new. Newer ones gona increase the cost to about 35k+ approximately.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Because our mechanics are not that much skilled - to be honest they don't even have proper tools and equipment to do this job. If you can find a learned mech. than doing that is not a problem.

And if i am not wrong there is slight difference between Club and Exex steering column and assembly - exec has a wider steering comb. Any how a learned and really experienced mech. can solve this thing. Keeping in view of availability of such a person in Pakistan i would suggest the best thing is to replace it with Exec - a factory fitted aka problem free hydraulic steering.

These prices are of old/used aka kabuli parts prices not new. Newer ones gona increase the cost to about 35k+ approximately.
    OK thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have my club with power steering . . . of course its an alteration. . . i dont see any difference .. its the same hyderolic system like any other HPS system. even seen many online when i wanted to change power fluid. its the same system

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AoA. Guys kindly tell gud santro ac mechanic in rawalpindi/Isb.
    Thanx.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saha11 Rawalpindi or Islamabad.? if in rawalpindi. then visit national market. dk the name of shop but its exactly opposite to car decoration/papering etc shop. will update the name of shop if needed. tomorrow.

Any one know where Idle air control valve. is in sentro. meri sentro A/C pe off ho jati ha. when running on a/c so now a days em running on high RPMS :-(

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by irtiza342 View Post
    I have my club with power steering . . . of course its an alteration. . . i dont see any difference .. its the same hyderolic system like any other HPS system. even seen many online when i wanted to change power fluid. its the same system
    Can u share the details pm me as I m also looking to going for PS in my santro

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by irtiza342 View Post
    @saha11 Rawalpindi or Islamabad.? if in rawalpindi. then visit national market. dk the name of shop but its exactly opposite to car decoration/papering etc shop. will update the name of shop if needed. tomorrow.

Any one know where Idle air control valve. is in sentro. meri sentro A/C pe off ho jati ha. when running on a/c so now a days em running on high RPMS :-(
    Do visit a good mechanic for tune up

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faizanali View Post
    Do visit a good mechanic for tune up
    its done now my santro is rocking and rolling

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa guys,
    I own a santro 2008(club) with FF CNG 80k driven
    Actually I wanted to know that which gear oli is best for it as I brought it when it has clocked 60k so I don't know about its past history about gear oli so thinking of getting it changed so I was browsing PW and Google and I found people here happily using zic gear olis and they seemed v satisfied with it so I wanted to know that which zic gear oli to use I mean grade and oli model eg ff or so and what is the quantity of gear oli in santro and secondly my car engine is in average condition and I m using Zic hiflo but this time I m thinking to go for a sytentic oli zic a+ or zic xq can it can be used on a 80k driven average condition engine.
    Plz answer my following question asap

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa guys,
    I own a santro 2008(club) with FF CNG 80k driven
    Actually I wanted to know that which gear oli is best for it as I brought it when it has clocked 60k so I don't know about its past history about gear oli so thinking of getting it changed so I was browsing PW and Google and I found people here happily using zic gear olis and they seemed v satisfied with it so I wanted to know that which zic gear oli to use I mean grade and oli model eg ff or so and what is the quantity of gear oli in santro and secondly my car engine is in average condition and I m using Zic hiflo but this time I m thinking to go for a sytentic oli zic a+ or zic xq can it can be used on a 80k driven average condition engine.
    Plz answer my following question asap

For gear oil Use Zic MT 75w-80 (or something i forgot the exact grade number but its a red plastic bottle in 1 liter capacity you should check its written on the pack) your ride takes 2.1 litre of gear oil. You have to buy 3 of those Zic Gear oil bottles. Its something around 500 rupees. per litre. Store the third bottle as it will still have 900 ml of oil in it for next time usage.
    Please note you must drive the car for atleast 35 mins before you drain the old oil out to ensure complete drainage of all the oil in the transmission. Its a danm thick oil.
    Gear oils should be replaced at max. 60,000 KMs.
    For oil recommended grade for your ride is 10w-40. Zic A comes in that gradr. Also shel Helix also has this grade. I don't like zic by the way. Shell is a good thing. It should be drained at 4k to 4.5k KMs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For gear oil Use Zic MT 75w-80 (or something i forgot the exact grade number but its a red plastic bottle in 1 liter capacity you should check its written on the pack) your ride takes 2.1 litre of gear oil. You have to buy 3 of those Zic Gear oil bottles. Its something around 500 rupees. per litre. Store the third bottle as it will still have 900 ml of oil in it for next time usage.
    Please note you must drive the car for atleast 35 mins before you drain the old oil out to ensure complete drainage of all the oil in the transmission. Its a danm thick oil.
    Gear oils should be replaced at max. 60,000 KMs.
    For oil recommended grade for your ride is 10w-40. Zic A comes in that gradr. Also shel Helix also has this grade. I don't like zic by the way. Shell is a good thing. It should be drained at 4k to 4.5k KMs.
    Thank u much and about the gear oli they have zic FF for manual tranny in red bottle also so is that one u r talking about and u also own a santro right?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exact gear oli capacity of santro club 08 @harib4u

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank u much and about the gear oli they have zic FF for manual tranny in red bottle also so is that one u r talking about and u also own a santro right?

Yes. Thats what i am talking about. Please make sure its grade is 75w-80.
    You need 2100 mls aka 2.1 liters of that exactly. And yes i own a Hyundai santro 2005. 181K driven still factory rings and pistons. Running like a Turkish horse lol

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exact gear oli capacity of santro club 08 @harib4u

i have no idea about this

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes. Thats what i am talking about. Please make sure its grade is 75w-80.
    You need 2100 mls aka 2.1 liters of that exactly. And yes i own a Hyundai santro 2005. 181K driven still factory rings and pistons. Running like a Turkish horse lol
    Thanks bro I have finally ordered 3 bottles of zic ff gear oli and I want to ask one more question k my clutch wire broke away then installed a new one after it shifting is v smooth can I expect more smoothness after gear oli change

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks bro I have finally ordered 3 bottles of zic ff gear oli and I want to ask one more question k my clutch wire broke away then installed a new one after it shifting is v smooth can I expect more smoothness after gear oli change

Yes, but smoothness also depends on adjustment of clutch cable. A loose clutch cable will hard the shifting but your clutch will be released earlier - less foot work. A tight clutche cable will smooth the shifting but you have to pull your foot above at more height from the clutch paddle to release the clutch. Normally, smothness is feelable in shifting after changing gear if you have been using the clutch with transmission oil all dried/leaked up from the transmission - that a pretty bad condition. You have replaced the clutch cabel already and of course would have adjusted the clutch height appropriately so you may feel minor changes in smoothness but changing gear oil will greatly reduce wear and tear of your transmission and it will be good for another 60K kilometers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, but smoothness also depends on adjustment of clutch cable. A loose clutch cable will hard the shifting but your clutch will be released earlier - less foot work. A tight clutche cable will smooth the shifting but you have to pull your foot above at more height from the clutch paddle to release the clutch. Normally, smothness is feelable in shifting after changing gear if you have been using the clutch with transmission oil all dried/leaked up from the transmission - that a pretty bad condition. You have replaced the clutch cabel already and of course would have adjusted the clutch height appropriately so you may feel minor changes in smoothness but changing gear oil will greatly reduce wear and tear of your transmission and it will be good for another 60K kilometers.
    Thanks bro u summed up really well and do u know any good work shop which can overhaul santro engine completely with same factory fell as my car engine is in average condition around 15000kms before I had changed its rings and head gasket but I don't liked its pick after the rings changed and yes recommend me workshop in isb or rwp

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks bro u summed up really well and do u know any good work shop which can overhaul santro engine completely with same factory fell as my car engine is in average condition around 15000kms before I had changed its rings and head gasket but I don't liked its pick after the rings changed and yes recommend me workshop in isb or rwp

An overhaul is/should be the last option. Our mechanics advise overhauls like if it is of some 'Sawaab ka kam' of course this is going earn them some good heavy bucks. And who doesn't want money.
    But overhauls are not that simple as they are thought to be. You should do a compression test both dry and wet tests on your engine and check if all cylinders are completely sealed and holding good compression. A loss in compression - which is expected after a bad ring job- also can cause less pickup and ride lossing power on high accelerations since engine can't build pressure inside it to work properly. A compression test will tell you if you have any leaks in your engine - both mechanical leaks or gasket leaks.
    If your ride passes the compression test then you should move to proper valve adjustments. Too tight valves also reduce engine pick and performance. Remember your valves should be adjusted when engine is DEAD COLD. Factory Valve clearance for santro is 0.1 mm intake and 0.17 mm exhaust valve clearance. Please make sure your Mechanic uses proper feeler gauge to adjust the valve and not his 'Super Touch Senses' only.

About any good workshop in rwp/isb - i have no idea.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

An overhaul is/should be the last option. Our mechanics advise overhauls like if it is of some 'Sawaab ka kam' of course this is going earn them some good heavy bucks. And who doesn't want money.
    But overhauls are not that simple as they are thought to be. You should do a compression test both dry and wet tests on your engine and check if all cylinders are completely sealed and holding good compression. A loss in compression - which is expected after a bad ring job- also can cause less pickup and ride lossing power on high accelerations since engine can't build pressure inside it to work properly. A compression test will tell you if you have any leaks in your engine - both mechanical leaks of gasket leaks.
    If your ride passes the compression test then you should move to proper valve adjustments. Too tight valves also reduce engine pick and performance. Remember your valves should be adjusted when engine is DEAD COLD. Factory Valve clearance should be 0.1 mm intake and 0.17 mm exhaust valve clearance. Please make sure your Mechanic uses proper feeler gauge to adjust the valve and not is 'Super Touch Senses'.

About any good workshop in rwp/isb - i have no idea.
    It seems v complicated to be honest so can u recommend me any good workshop in isb or in rwp as technically I m really noob I just want good work

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List