2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hyundai Santro Fan Club

AOA. This part is purely dedicated to HYUNDAI SANTRO which is available in variants. Share ur experience here. Hyundai Santro Fan Club -502667

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iamadee View Post
    @haris_taurus90
    hard clutch is a common problem in santro's. but first get your clutch wire serviced, will definitely loosen up the clutch a bit and as morani said get the wire loosen up from the clutch as well, that might help.
    No idea on flashing lights, not a gv user.
    get aftermarket springs of alto with 6 turns and better density, your problem with the bumps will be solved. should cost you around 800~1000. NEVER go for spacers, you'll ruin your ride.

@morani
    I haven't calculated much but my 2005 executive with aftermarket CNG w/ 50l cylinder does around
    100+ without a/c city
    80~100 with a/c city
    190+ without a/c long
    160+ with a/c long

regards
    adeel

50l cyclinder usually gets filled with 8kg of CNG at full pressure... that gives you 23.75 km/kg(@ 190km) without AC now i can compare it with my 25 km/kg ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had somethings to share... it's about backfire..

Santro users are especially annoyed with backfire and especially those who migrate from suzuki to santro..... there are two reasons for why santro backfires?...

1. "Hardware Failure" When the "COIL, WIRES, SPARK PLUGS" are weak. sometimes people do not know, "When" to change the mentioned hardware or how to know, if the problem lies in COIL, WIRES or SPARKPLUGS. SPARK PLUGS have a specific milage after which they need to be serviced, or replaced. you need to keep track or you may ask your mechanic to verify it for you. WIRES can be checked easily by connecting it to a multimeter and checking for resistance. ideally, it should show 0 ohm (as it is a direct short circuit). Worn-out wires usually show higher resistance values which means that it is the time to change them. Now COIL.. Honestly, i don't know when to change a COIL, but if all other things doesn't work for me, i'll go after COIL.
    2. When the driver tries to "floor" the accelerator (at higher gears) while moving at lower speed; let's say 3rd gear on 20km/h... the car Backfires.. which means that even a New santro can back fire(I believe so).. The point is that, backfire is not only limited to part failure but also relates to the driving style of the individual...

everone is welcome to add further observations and suggestions.. please correct me if i am wrong anywhere

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Morani and iamadee :
    Thanks for you input. Can you please tell from where can i get my car's clutch cable serviced?? 2ndly how to know if engine foundation is worn out as em finding some kind of noise specially when i put my car in reverse and release clutch with low gas.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Haris_taurus90

get it to your mechanic and he'll do it for you...

second thing is the engine foundation. well, the basic purpose of engine foundation is to keep the engine in it's place and to absorb the engine vibrations...
    If you feel vibration (in the cabin) to a higher extent (much more than it used to be) when moving or even on idling, you may have a worn-out vibrations otherwise you don't have any problem
    Sometimes, the Foundations are in good health but they are not fixed or tightened.in that case, you may get an audible proof when putting the car in the first gear and quickly releasing the clutch.

If the foundations are consumed, you may observe both of the symptoms.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One more thing...

Santro is a very reliable car and it does not give you any severe problems like engine foundations, engine overheat, engine seizure blown radiator etc to name a few (check out the other wheel fan clubs and you'll understand what i mean)...

Sometimes being an owner of santro, it is hard for us to realize that it works perfectly well under all conditions and we misinterpret the proper functioning of our car with some malfunction which actually isn't there (there was a post in this fan-club where someone says that radiator fan switches off even in hot weather etc)...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haris_taurus90 View Post
    Just bought a santro 2007 by the grace of God. But there are some problems that i noticed.
    1. Clutch is abit hard to press.
    2. Cng switch keeps flashing all cng lights all the time. (its the GV model)
    3. Car is too low. Body touches tires when going on a ramp or speed bumps (running on 185,55,14 low profile tyres).
    U r using wrong tyre profile , Recommended profile for santro is 155/70/R13
    Imran Iqbal

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    How to drain coolant from Santro radiator? please help
    visit any Hyundai authorized dealer and buy coolant form them , will cost 110 or 100 per liter and ask them to change (They will change it free of cost for u)
    Imran Iqbal

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We want to know your reviews as Santro Expert and have already experience of Re-Build or overhauling.
    In Case of full Overhauling or in case of Some part.

Santro Club Model 2002 already run by 150,000 Km. Not eat or deceasing in Oil Level or Not burning Engine Oil as well.

What is Cost of New engine at as Hyundai Service Centre as Twin City Motor (I-10) Islamabad.

What you suggestion during Engine Overhauling ?
    What is important to take care during this process ?
    Which of Parts are more important to be replace or have need more Attention
    Head, Valve, Cam Return Spring or Oil Pressure etc. ?
    What is meanings that Camshaft nosing or weak ? How mechanic can be made Judgement of it ?
    Why Mechanic said Bore is to done in Engine. what is meaning of Bore in Engine ?

Actually we have required Healthy suggestion in personally to avoid the lost of Pasia.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am attaching pics of my santro's rear tire clearance from wheel well. Even a slight bump (with two adults on rear seat) / smooth decline or incline in road cases the tire to scrap the wheel well. Need some suggestion guys. Should i change the spring or shock?? (tire size is 185/55/14)
    Hyundai Santro Fan Club -159029 Hyundai Santro Fan Club -159030Hyundai Santro Fan Club - 159029 Hyundai Santro Fan Club - 159030

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

best profile for tyres is i think 165/65 R13, you are using wrong one. change the tyres
    현대 애인

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Saeed73 View Post
    We want to know your reviews as Santro Expert and have already experience of Re-Build or overhauling.

Santro Club Model 2002 already run by 150,000 Km. Not eat or deceasing in Oil Level or Not burning Engine Oil as well.

What is Cost of New engine at as Hyundai Service Centre as Twin City Motor (I-10) Islamabad.

What is meanings that Camshaft nosing or weak ? How mechanic can be made Judgement of it ?
    Why Mechanic said Bore is to done in Engine. what is meaning of Bore in Engine ?

Actually we have required Healthy suggestion in personally to avoid the lost of Pasia.
    1: 8 months ago the complete engine overhauling at twin city motors was 45,000/-
    2:valve seals, valve, rings, piston, boring, head facing need more attention.
    3: cylinder boring is required due to the fact that piston moves in this cylinder up-down so when time passes the bore become wider, so oil consumption occurs, now slightly larger size piston is required for this purpose, boring is required to open the cylinder diameter with machining to fit the new larger size pistons, also there is requirement of lining inside the cylinder which is essential for the rings to be seated well and eliminate the oil consumption through rings.
    현대 애인

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Saeed73 View Post

well first of all, i'm not an expert or so... but since i've done the engine overhaul of my santro, i think i may be able to contribute here.... I might be able to answer some of your questions here...
    Get it overhauled when it starts giving off white smoke.. If you notice drop in oil level in absence of white smoke, it may be some other reason.. to make sure that you need engine overhaul, you gotta get a compression test first.

What is important to take care during this process?
    Try to use a good mechanic (especially a good kharadia) and genuine parts ofcourse. Overhaul is something you do not do everyday so make sure you pitch it right...

Oil Pump, Clutch Plate and Pressure Plate, pistons, rings, bore

If the rotation of a camshaft is not perfect, it might produce horizontal or vertical movements resulting in some tik tik noise (more or less like that of tappets). a kharadia usually fixes it.

If the engine is opened for overhaul for the very first time in its life, it's overhaul is done usually by replacing rings, in second overhaul, it'll get bigger pistons with bigger bore (a kharadia literally bores the engine block for a bigger holes to make room for bigger pistons), in third overhaul new rings, in fourth overhaul, new bigger pistons plus new bore (bigger bore), then new rings or Sleeves and the process starts all over.

If you need further information like pricing of parts and overall pricing impact int he complete overhaul, please check-out page 40 of this forum. i've posted some info there...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for aftermarket springs not the genuine springs of santro, your problem will be solved. If problem still persists change your tire profile.

Quote Originally Posted by haris_taurus90 View Post
    I am attaching pics of my santro's rear tire clearance from wheel well. Even a slight bump (with two adults on rear seat) / smooth decline or incline in road cases the tire to scrap the wheel well. Need some suggestion guys. Should i change the spring or shock?? (tire size is 185/55/14)
    Hyundai Santro Fan Club - 159029 Hyundai Santro Fan Club - 159030Hyundai Santro Fan Club - 159029 Hyundai Santro Fan Club - 159030

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yesterday, i went for alignment (after changing tyres); They told me to change the Arms and balljoints; here's the cost of work done (Incase anyone needs a reference )

Arms ("chimta" left and "right")= 3800 (1900 each from saddar)
    Ball-joint(korean pair, but turned out to be 1.5mm bigger than genuine ball joints, i had to give kharadia 200Rs to grid them to fit...)= 900
    CV-Joint Service=500
    (New rubber boots for CV-Joints)=250
    New CV-Joint (as one turned out to be near faulty)=1000
    Service charges for replacing Ball-joint and arms=500
    Blancing and alignment(front wheels)=500

Total 7450 Rs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Morani View Post
    Yesterday, i went for alignment (after changing tyres); They told me to change the Arms and balljoints; here's the cost of work done (Incase anyone needs a reference )

Arms ("chimta" left and "right")= 3800 (1900 each from saddar)
    Ball-joint(korean pair, but turned out to be 1.5mm bigger than genuine ball joints, i had to give kharadia 200Rs to grid them to fit...)= 900
    CV-Joint Service=500
    (New rubber boots for CV-Joints)=250
    New CV-Joint (as one turned out to be near faulty)=1000
    Service charges for replacing Ball-joint and arms=500
    Blancing and alignment(front wheels)=500

Total 7450 Rs.
    Is there any faulty sound from CV joint etc ? , if no sound then must take 2nd person opinion
    Imran Iqbal

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@iiqbal
    well there was some very distant tik tik noise, on U-turns. Rubber boots on both sides were cracked... Kharadia asked me to get it repaired or replaced... i opted it to be replaced.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Moorani
    Many thanks for sharing the information. From where did you buy the genuine stuff in Saddar and secondly do you visit a specific allignment workshop, which one if it is worthy of recommendation ? Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

anyone on this thread installed thermostat valve in his santro... please share the prices and experiences. thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Subzwari View Post
    @Moorani
    Many thanks for sharing the information. From where did you buy the genuine stuff in Saddar and secondly do you visit a specific allignment workshop, which one if it is worthy of recommendation ? Thanks
    You can get it from Imran autos, Kashmir road saddar. There are a couple of other shops (inside an enclosed market on same kashmir road) you can find genuine parts there....

I personally like the alignment from "Kar care" Faizabad (in between Madrassa Faiz-ul-Islam and the walk over bridge).. they do give a 7000km alignment "guarantee"!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the reason y i am asking about this is that many of the allignment wala's i have visited, were rip off's. so i am still looking for someone "genuine". They tend to create unnecessay work out of your ride to maximise their revenues. camber, allignment, alot of "grams" plus their rates have gone tremendously (read rediculously) high especially in ISB.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List