2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hyundai Santro Fan Club

AOA. This part is purely dedicated to HYUNDAI SANTRO which is available in variants. Share ur experience here. Hyundai Santro Fan Club -502667

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by killaz View Post
    Guys, I'm facing following two problems with my Santro Club 2005. I'm residing in Lahore & I would really appreciate if someone can guide me to some economical solution provider who is also available in Lahore. Problems are:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comHyundai Santro Fan Club - PSecond problem is related to malfunctioning of "Fuel Gauge". It’s not stable, keeps on changing positions frequently & doesn't give any clear idea about the remaining fuel. Can you please suggest me from where I can get this fixed & how much will it cost me?</SPAN>

<o:p></o:p>
    I’m looking forward to hearing from you guys soon.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Peace<o:p></o:p>
    Haris<o:p></o:p>
    Problem No. 1: get your axles checked. I think the fault is with them. when some fault (play) is developed in the ends on the engine side, the same type of problem occurs. any experienced allignment wala can diagnose it. you can do it yourself as well...speeed up to almost 100 Km mark...then suddenly releasing the accelerator depress the clutch. the vibrations will vanish instantaneiously.

Problem no. 2: when did you check your fuel pump....in one of my vehicles the needle behaved weired when the fuel pump was badly clogged....there could be an electrical problem as well with the gage. not sure though about this problem...just a few leads

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what is break calipers? and what is its function, how much it will cost? and what is its symptoms to change? how often one need to change those.
    현대 애인

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Subzwari View Post
    ok thanks..got it..you are talking about fire brigade market.
    ironic isn't it? .. it's called the fire birgade market but it is actually located behind urdu university....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Horse_rider View Post
    what is break calipers? and what is its function, how much it will cost? and what is its symptoms to change? how often one need to change those.
    Brake caliper is the thing with which the "brake pads" are attached... I don't think they are changed... only the pads are changed.. rest..don't know about the rest.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

same like ma car even the alloy rims ,,t he only differnce is no, plate lol...

just changed ma car frm nissan march,,, nt getting good experience on driving and hanling and comfort.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please share the info of Pindi/ISB based mechanics who are well conversant with Santro Systems..tried and tested by fellow members. I recently bought one and now I want to get a few things fixed....mine is a good one but he is toyota/suzuki trained & not so comfortable working with Santro's. I don't want to put his intelligence and skills at trial for my vehicle Thanks in advance.
    I suggest U a good Genuine people One is Bakht Munir and Second one is Sarfaraz Ustad in Karachi Company Workshop Market (Zohaib Autos)

When Ever I visited them i got satisfactory Job from both of them. I found them not mean-full and greedy one just see them Job Dignity.

For good Hyundri Santro Parts (Zeeshan Autos Main Chowk Chah Sultan,57880882)
    for Kubali Parts imported from Korea (Al-Qaiser Autos Glass Factory Chowk, Haq Nawaz Rd, Chah Sultan)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Saeed
    Bhai, thanks alot. Really appreciate this.
    just 1 Q, both ppl are available at the same workshop?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Saeed
    Bhai, thanks alot. Really appreciate this.
    just 1 Q, both ppl are available at the same workshop?
    No at the Same Workshop But I asked to someone about them they will Guide U.
    Found Google Map for Ur Convenient.

Let me Hyundai Santro Fan Club -166228

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi everyone

how many kinds of suspension bushes are there in a car? and what is it symptoms to change? should we change them all are just chimta/arms bushings are necessary to change? i have ask from Kashmir road Rawalpindi they made an estimate of Rs. 2300 for all the suspension bushes both front and rear. is it better to go for all the bushes change or only those which turn apart? thank you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Hi everyone

how many kinds of suspension bushes are there in a car? and what is it symptoms to change? should we change them all are just chimta/arms bushings are necessary to change? i have ask from Kashmir road Rawalpindi they made an estimate of Rs. 2300 for all the suspension bushes both front and rear. is it better to go for all the bushes change or only those which turn apart? thank you
    Usually, a service history is maintained to track necessary replacements, like:
    Oil/Oil Filter change every 2,000-5,000 kilometers
    Air filter change (with every oil change or 5000km)
    Fan belt change every 15000km
    Cambelt change every 25000km
    tyre change every 50,000km
    Alignment/balancing every 10,000km
    Car bushes (CV joints, Ball joints, arms) etc after every 100,000 km

all the values given above are not the REAL values and can't be followed as they are...

what i'm trying to say here is that when the car hits the road, it wears and tears... necessary replacements can only be tracked by maintaining proper service history.. On-time servicing makes sure that you don't get your car break down in the center of the road...One can maintain the service history for a new car but in case of second hand car, it is much difficult to approximate the remaining life of car parts.
    There are two answers to the question:
    1. Change all the bushes (if you can find genuine ones..). this would ensure "No-Tension" on bushes part. Plus it would be cost effective in terms of labour.
    2. Opt for needed replacements only. Arm bushes which i got changed (on right side of the car) in september, lasted for only 2 months while the genuine bushes which were not changed(on left arm), were still there...
    in another case, I changed a CV-joint and it turned faulty right after i left the workshop.. i have to change it again now...
    the thing is that, it's tooo hard to get anything in best quality except from SSS dealers....

P.S: "All those korean and chineese parts are made in Lahore with different stamps... someone told me so..."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Morani View Post

all the values given above are not the REAL values and can't be followed as they are...

what i'm trying to say here is that when the car hits the road, it wears and tears... necessary replacements can only be tracked by maintaining proper service history.. On-time servicing makes sure that you don't get your car break down in the center of the road...One can maintain the service history for a new car but in case of second hand car, it is much difficult to approximate the remaining life of car parts.
    1. Change all the bushes (if you can find genuine ones..). this would ensure "No-Tension" on bushes part. Plus it would be cost effective in terms of labour.
    2. Opt for needed replacements only. Arm bushes which i got changed (on right side of the car) in september, lasted for only 2 months while the genuine bushes which were not changed(on left arm), were still there...
    in another case, I changed a CV-joint and it turned faulty right after i left the workshop.. i have to change it again now...
    the thing is that, it's tooo hard to get anything in best quality except from SSS dealers....

P.S: "All those korean and chineese parts are made in Lahore with different stamps... someone told me so..."
    +1

Very detailed reply
    please don't stop anyone to get education.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Morani View Post

Thank you brother, from where i can find the genuine bushes in Rawalpindi/ISB? and how much it should cost?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Thank you brother, from where i can find the genuine bushes in Rawalpindi/ISB? and how much it should cost?
    SSS dealers may be... Though there are "Genuine" parts available in market but i doubt it....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Saeed73 View Post
    I suggest U a good Genuine people One is Bakht Munir and Second one is Sarfaraz Ustad in Karachi Company Workshop Market (Zohaib Autos)

When Ever I visited them i got satisfactory Job from both of them. I found them not mean-full and greedy one just see them Job Dignity.

For good Hyundri Santro Parts (Zeeshan Autos Main Chowk Chah Sultan,57880882)
    for Kubali Parts imported from Korea (Al-Qaiser Autos Glass Factory Chowk, Haq Nawaz Rd, Chah Sultan)
    @Saeed: I believe, you would be comfortable, if fellow santro owner like me go meet them with your reference?

Also, if convenient, can you share contact numbers of both the mechanics as scheduling a meeting is better than go & wait

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by islamian View Post
    @Saeed: I believe, you would be comfortable, if fellow santro owner like me go meet them with your reference?

Also, if convenient, can you share contact numbers of both the mechanics as scheduling a meeting is better than go & wait
    @islamian
    Off course i am satisfied with them Because they are Genuine Mechanics. They not greedy as others. And they don't Hide defect/fault of Ur vehicle as other people.
    Moreover, sorry i hv not their contact fone number, But i pasted map for your easier and convenient .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Saeed73 View Post
    @islamian
    Off course i am satisfied with them Because they are Genuine Mechanics. They not greedy as others. And they don't Hide defect/fault of Ur vehicle as other people.
    Moreover, sorry i hv not their contact fone number, But i pasted map for your easier and convenient .
    @Saeed: Sure, appreciate that, will meet them & share feedback here

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I do have couple of queries for fellow wheelers, more experienced in Santro than me.

1. Which engine oil are you using, I am using Caltex Havoline 20w50 (blue cap) and recently someone recommended me to use caltex10w40 (Red cap), which is probaly of a lower viscosity. IS that advisable?

2. The pick on CNG is not the same for me, acceleration is slow, engine also feels heavier to me, I recently changed the oil & filters. The fuel consumption is same as before, but somehow the car feels sluggish.

I would appreciate if someone could relate & probably guide me to get better performance out of my beloved santro

I have a 2006 GV with FF CNG, 60k driven.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PPl on this forum are talking high of Petromin Ultra. I have been using Havoline and ZIC but considering recent reviews of some experienced riders on Petromin Ultra, I will definately pour this oil on upcoming drain. check this thread. https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/pre...34#post2518838

Its never like one may have wonders out of any oil as far as the performance is concerned but a good oil will always help you fetching optimum performance out of an engine besides ensuring its long life.
    if low performance of your ride is a serious concern, you better get it tuned properly (through some enercon chap) and try other methods of maximising power.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PPl on this forum are talking high of Petromin Ultra. I have been using Havoline and ZIC but considering recent reviews of some experienced riders on Petromin Ultra, I will definately pour this oil on upcoming drain. check this thread. https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/pre...34#post2518838

Its never like one may have wonders out of any oil as far as the performance is concerned but a good oil will always help you fetching optimum performance out of an engine besides ensuring its long life.
    if low performance of your ride is a serious concern, you better get it tuned properly (through some enercon chap) and try other methods of maximising power.
    Appreciate the input, which havoline oil you use? and the car just feels sluggish, so I guess its in need of a tune up, the I-10 Hyundai guys did connect to ECU & reset some values, but it didn't make any difference to the sluggishness.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How much they charged you and did they physically serviced any thing, any sensor, throttle body, plugs, etc. ?

you better contact Enercon tune-up centre in G-10 I&T centre. The technician there is Shahid 03215279031 & there was another one in I-9 suggested here by @morani https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...40#post2262063

do share your experiences.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List