2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hyundai Santro Fan Club

AOA. This part is purely dedicated to HYUNDAI SANTRO which is available in variants. Share ur experience here. Hyundai Santro Fan Club -502667

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got the tire bearings changed yesterday.. (Both sides) costed me around 2400 (600x4)...
    These were Japanese.. genuine ones wouldve costed around 4000...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Morani View Post
    So you got Frixia, that's great.....
    are you opting to change both of the CV joints or only one of them???
    around 6 months ago, left CV joint of my santro failed. Only chineese was available for 1000 Rs. I got it changed and it lasted no more than 1 day. I went to Saddar the next morning and bought a Japanese/Korean CV joint. It is working fine till now...
    Did you check Wajid autos? I bought Japanese cv joint from them.. anyways.. best of luck...
    I want to change both the CV joints, yes Wajid autos don't have them, don't know why but almost all the santro dealers on that road i know were checked, but failed to find Japanese or Korean with any one of them. looks like some kind of shortage as Wajid Autos was convincing me for Chinese one by saying that "Quality mein China ne Japan ko peechy chorr dia hy, sab log ajkal China hi use karty hein sasty bhi hy aur time bhi utna hi nikalty hy"

What brand you bought? and what was the labour charges for replacing the CV joint for one side? should i go visit any roadside mechanic or some specific mechanic which have some special machining and installation tools, as Hyundai Sowan motors was asking Rs. 600/- for Machining and Rs. 600/- for Installation. from where in RWP/ISB you did the job done.
    현대 애인

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got the tire bearings changed yesterday.. (Both sides) costed me around 2400 (600x4)...
    These were Japanese.. genuine ones wouldve costed around 4000...
    I think wheel bearing changing involved only 1 bearing per wheel, so you changed all the 4 tires bearing? what were the symptoms? any noise or anything else. any difference you are feeling in drive or noise level after changing these.

PS: I know there will be no significant driving difference, but the rear wheel bearings changing also involved in your case (guess 600x4) so i want to know, because i never changed the rear wheel bearings, and want to know why one should change those. plz post the symptoms as well.
    현대 애인

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Horse_rider View Post
    I want to change both the CV joints, yes Wajid autos don't have them, don't know why but almost all the santro dealers on that road i know were checked, but failed to find Japanese or Korean with any one of them. looks like some kind of shortage as Wajid Autos was convincing me for Chinese one by saying that "Quality mein China ne Japan ko peechy chorr dia hy, sab log ajkal China hi use karty hein sasty bhi hy aur time bhi utna hi nikalty hy"

What brand you bought? and what was the labour charges for replacing the CV joint for one side? should i go visit any roadside mechanic or some specific mechanic which have some special machining and installation tools, as Hyundai Sowan motors was asking Rs. 600/- for Machining and Rs. 600/- for Installation. from where in RWP/ISB you did the job done.
    I kept a "soft" service history of the car but it got deleted somehow... a couple of months ago.. I can't remember the exact detail but still i think it was somewhat like this:

1. CV joint chineese for 1000
    2. Mechanic labour 300
    3. Machining (Kharadia) 300

Fitting of CV is joint is not much of a science; every second mechanic can do it... You just need to keep an eye out..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think wheel bearing changing involved only 1 bearing per wheel, so you changed all the 4 tires bearing? what were the symptoms? any noise or anything else. any difference you are feeling in drive or noise level after changing these.

PS: I know there will be no significant driving difference, but the rear wheel bearings changing also involved in your case (guess 600x4) so i want to know, because i never changed the rear wheel bearings, and want to know why one should change those. plz post the symptoms as well.
    I know it is confusing but rear wheel bearings were not replaced. only the front ones were replaced. I own a santro Plus(older model) and it uses 2x bearings per wheel. bearings of club and plus are different. Those of Club are more expensive and lasts longer....

I used to hear a "raan raan" sound like something was touching the tyres when the car was moving. I discussed it with the mechanic and he said that this is the typical indication of worn out bearings...

There is absolutely no such noise after the change of bearings....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Waverunner View Post
    Also, anyone know any mechanic/santro service centre where I can get sensors checked and adjusted properly ? My car burns CNG 75 km max on CNG, takes about Rs.450 for full tank
    i seem to have the same consumption problem and sensor problem.
    if u get any solution to your problem then let me know.. i'l let you know if i find any solution too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice going!
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

had no idea, never tried to modify my santro for performance, thats why not replied, i think the other members also didn't reply because of no experience about modification, Sorry from the whole CLUB members.

no prob at all budd...!!
    i dunno y ppl dnt go for modding santro,i heard tht santro is not grippy etc yes when its stock its not grippy (thts y mst f d ppl dnt even think f modig it) but if u lower it a bit as i did i never felt loss of grip even at sharp cornering.
    @all i'm deep into mods from a long time nd ive never seen such a mod responsive hatchbk in pak yet.
    if u spend 1 rupee over it it gives u the result of 2 rupee,mine santro nevr lost a drag from any 1000cc car here nd it realy gave a tough time to local 1300cc's.
    hahaha i do apologize cz i went a bit off topic but its my craze for this particular car,i still own one but its almost stock,hv no time to go for modding it cz working o other projects these days,bt i'l go for it soon.
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

256 km milage in just 520 Rs CNG.
    It is so confusing for me b/c within the city my Santro only give 130-140 km and today for my journey from Islamabad to Lahore, i filled the cylinder from islamabad and CNG ended when i reached the lahore bypass i.e shifted from GT road to motorway....what so ever i was not expecting such a milage...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yesterday i was on Islamabad Expressway. I fully press Break pedal of my Santro, I felt break is not working, at sudden again on a little pressing it's work properly.
    Why it's behave as like Suzuki Bolan Carry Double Pedal pressing.
    I had already service the breaks but did not blend the break oil.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bleed the brakes properly,if it still hppns then change the master cylinder.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can anyone tell me the current (approximate) price of installing a CNG kit on a Santro Club 2003 (or up models)....plz if possible mention both the normal CNG kit as well as the special CNG kit (the one tht comes company-fitted in santro with 3 small cylinders for extra boot space).....if anyone knows kindly share the info, as i am planning to buy a Santro which is currently running on petrol...looking forward to ur comments...thanx
    rizwan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, New problem . My car keeps making patakhas while driving and often when I stop and accelerate it would make a patakha and turn off. This is annoying, the car also shudders when I change gears. Idling is also kinda rough.

I thought the problem is with the air filter, I changed the air filter to a brand new one (Guard) air filter, but despite fixing it many times, these patakhas come and the rubber seems to not hold in the air filter. I even got a mechanic to see it, he said it's fine. What should I do ?

Also can anyone just tell me a good mechanic in Karachi ? Kab se pooch raha hoon yaaron

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get the locks of the air filter tightened properly nd stick the rubber properly over the filter with the help of elfi.this usually ocurs at the time when u start the car on c.n.g or when u drive it on v low speed at big gears.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Waverunner View Post
    Guys, New problem . My car keeps making patakhas while driving and often when I stop and accelerate it would make a patakha and turn off. This is annoying, the car also shudders when I change gears. Idling is also kinda rough.

I thought the problem is with the air filter, I changed the air filter to a brand new one (Guard) air filter, but despite fixing it many times, these patakhas come and the rubber seems to not hold in the air filter. I even got a mechanic to see it, he said it's fine. What should I do ?

Also can anyone just tell me a good mechanic in Karachi ? Kab se pooch raha hoon yaaron
    Patakha is the worst problem with santro... anyways it can be due to the following problems:

1. Either your Spark Plugs are at the end of their life (and need replacement) or they just needs cleaning.
    2. Wires leading to the spark plugs are worn out and need replacement.
    3. You need to get your coil replaced.

Usually, it is either Case 1 or 2. A good electrician can get your wires and plugs checked on multi-meter to verify their working status.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Patakha is the worst problem with santro... anyways it can be due to the following problems:

1. Either your Spark Plugs are at the end of their life (and need replacement) or they just needs cleaning.
    2. Wires leading to the spark plugs are worn out and need replacement.
    3. You need to get your coil replaced.

Usually, it is either Case 1 or 2. A good electrician can get your wires and plugs checked on multi-meter to verify their working status.
    When the spark plug gap is bigger than the ignition coil capacity,the plug will misfire,which will result as a patakha.The remedy is to decrease the gap and keep it 0.9mm or 0.8mm.The genuine plug gap is 1.1mm which causes it to misfire on cng.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iamadee View Post
    Got the rear shocks changed. My car is new again excellent comfort. I havent gone for Local Gabriels, I rather went for Wonder shocks they are excellent they are more heavy duty then Gabriel. Performance is zabardast.

what do u mean by "wonder shocks", i also want to change rear shocks and springs etc. please if any one could guide me that where should i go in rawalpindi/islamabad and what will be the approximate kharcha...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iamadee View Post
    @Horserider

Here are the pics of the rear springs installed recently. The performance is pretty good so far, very much satisfied. Also attaching the side view pic of the car to get an idea about the gain in ride height with this addition.

Hyundai Santro Fan Club - 121938 Hyundai Santro Fan Club - 121939 Hyundai Santro Fan Club - 121940 Hyundai Santro Fan Club - 121941
    pleez tell me whether these were hyundai stock springs or alto springs, and how your ride got such a good height although genuine height seems low... i m also planning to change rear springs and shocks due to lower ride height and also because on bad roads it seems that my ride is without any springs or shocks, although on good roads or slightly bad roads it doesnot seems like that..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fayyazasghar2008 View Post
    pleez tell me whether these were hyundai stock springs or alto springs, and how your ride got such a good height although genuine height seems low... i m also planning to change rear springs and shocks due to lower ride height and also because on bad roads it seems that my ride is without any springs or shocks, although on good roads or slightly bad roads it doesnot seems like that..

tHE SHOCKS GAVE ME A SHOCK soon after a couple of months from when i installed them, so got them replaced again but not much satisfied even now.
    the springs were of alto the ride height issue was resolved but i found them to be a bit stiff.
    hope the info helps.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fayyazasghar2008 View Post
    what do u mean by "wonder shocks", i also want to change rear shocks and springs etc. please if any one could guide me that where should i go in rawalpindi/islamabad and what will be the approximate kharcha...
    the stock springs have 7 coils in them, while Gebril shocks are the stock shocks for almost every car in Pakistan. i changed my shocks with Gebril (name like this) and changed springs also with 8 coils, but after using for a year or so with slightly higher body and soft riding, i switched to 7 coils again because the look of my santro was not good and i wanted it to be lowered again, so i changed to 7 coils just before Eid.

Conclusion: if you want better look and bumby ride on bad roads stick to 7 coils and gebril shoks. at the other hand if you want bad look and soft ride change to 8 coils and gebril shoks. the shocks are constant in both cases.
    현대 애인

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List