0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Carburetor problem in my suzuki khyber

I have bought suzuki khyber recently and i usually drive it on CNG. But due to current CNG crises in pakistan i wanted to check it on petrol, but on petrol car was not very consistent in its movement. sometime it slows down and sometime it races. and it also has missing problem. Then i went to mechanic and he opened up carburetor and told me that some small openings are blocked and he then cleared all blockages in it. but after fixing, the car responded the same as before repairing. so plz if anyone of u could tell me what to do?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ignition timing check kerwa k carburetor ka mixture set kerwalo,aur agar masla hal no ho tu fuel ki line check kerwao k kahein se air tu nahi la rahi ya kahein line chock tu nahihay.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AoA

I am posting here as i could not initiate a new thread in this section.

I have khyber 1996. Problem is that my mechanic had removed almost all the vacuum pipes for no reason i could understand. car is just ok on CNG but on petrol or AC its horrible.

I would like to request our members/experts to kindly post some photos of khyber 1996 carburator to help me understand which pipe goes where.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

vac pipes are there for a reason! they love to remove them BECAUSE they dont know which goes where. took me many many months and lots of messing around and experimenting to find out which goes where on my XE....

ANd i think ur carb/ intake is sucking air from somewhere. to test it, completely block the intake from air filter stage and then separately from top of carb itself. If engine is still running then its definitely taking air from somewhere...
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is a very common issue in Khyber, mostly khybers on CNG dont run on petrol the actualy issue is the venturi or some thing it makes the car to either run on CNG or either on petrol.

I remember wen we had a khyber we had a hard time driving it on both the fuels, Fuel tank cleaning, chaging this changing that, missing etc etc, eventually we accepted it it would either run gud on Cng or on Petrol similar issue with my chachus khyber, Ours was ACL 558 and his was ACL 559. My friend had a khyber he also had a similar issue.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

venturis for cng installed in the days of infancy of cng, were installed in such a way that the secondary had to be disabled. Now thats called bad implementation.
    The over-the-mouth of carb kinda venturis are better IMO. At least it uses all the car's capacity...
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red face Khyber Problem

I also used Suzuki khyber on both fuels. But the problem I shoot regarding worse performance on liquid fuel is the bad quality of liquid fuel specially when it is from PSO.

According to my point of view is that the most worse liquid fuel available in Pakistan is from PSO. They make its quality im-pure by mixing some other chemicals and also quantity of the PSO fuel is not proper. Once you fill the tank from PSO liquid fuel, and then run the engine on Gas guel. The PSO liquid fuel can becoming chowks the lines and fuel pump, also it makes the fuel tank rusty enough as it will unable to wash.

If you are getting the problem, the only way is to change your fuel tank and fuel pump both and away from PSO fueling station.

For your kind information that this problem is not only relates with suzuki khyber but it relates with all cars.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You need to change your petrol tank.. because when we dont run on petrol the tank gets rusty and when petrol is poured in the rust comes out and mix with petrol. so it creates fragments that blocks carburetor. The engine must be run on petrol twice a week to get rid of this menace.

9. 29-12-2011, 06:26 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    Spam

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why to change tanks or some thing ??????

simple is to change the mechanic...find a good one who has ample knowledge....i have khyber in past and she was great on both fuels....

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have a Suzuki khyber 1998.......i drive it on both fuels....but i set CNG from a mech. after tht it doesn't get self on petrol but it start on petrol after getting some external force

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List