Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 4148
Like Tree761Likes

Thread: Self Tunning - Khyber G-10 (Plugs, valve clearance, spark gap etc)

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    smijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,100
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Self Tuning - Khyber G-10 (Plugs, valve clearance, spark gap etc)

    Salam

    dear members/experts

    I own a khyber 1996. Recently overhauled its engine completely at home by myself except the mechanist part. It has its first oil change at 1100Km yesterday and i am planning to tune it. I have following query for the learned members/experts

    Q.1. recommended spark plugs for khyber g-10 on CNG
    Q.2. Recommended spark plug gap?
    Q.3. Recommended tappet setting Hot/cold?
    Q.4. Running was on petrol with Caltex Havoline formula and now i have switched to CNG with Shell helix HX7 10-40W (synthetic) , is shell HX7 ok?

    What else should i do or check to get max output and efficiency from my g-10?

    regards


    after-note: In addition to the above queries, this thread also contains info on carburetor, AC, electrical, cooling system, brakes & gear issues related to khyber G-10.

    Special thanks to following experts :
    Xulfiqar, Fas133, Margallar, Ahsanzs, wasay_Ahmad, Xplorer, jz, Daniyal
    for their valuable contributions and last but not least
    I am greatful to Cracked for keeping this thread alive by
    raising all the queries/question.


  2. #2581
    PakWheeler Follow
    shaidbokhari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axe.effect View Post
    @shaidbokhari
    Did you get kabli rotors?. Does your car vibrate at high speed under braking? My car only vibrates with brakes pressed both at low and high speed. So it is warped disc (confirm) and maybe hubs issue. Hubs are non repairable, I guess. BTW your ac race issue solved?
    I purchased new plates from kohinoor traders along with brake pads. 1400/- For plates nd 650/- for pads. Before changing it was vibrating on slow nd high. But after changing its only at high.

    I didnt get ur 2nd question? ac race issue?

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

  3. #2582
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syncview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,364
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Does the steering also vibrate on high speeds?

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using PW Forums mobile app
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

  4. #2583
    PakWheeler Follow
    shaidbokhari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    your car has suffered water damage - It would be in your best interest to remove the interior bits and pieces and inspect the entire wiring loom that is bunched with this wire - they will probably be damaged too.
    @Xulfiqar You some time seems "bohat puhnchay huay":-). As I removed the carpet last day nd found something that u predict without watching. there was a lot of moisture underneath. Looker at floor first time since purchase of car. There was a rubbber seal was missing in the floor. May be that is causing water to come inside while passing from water or in rainy season. All other wires seems ok. This whole wire was damaged. From a grip underneath dashboard to back till fuel tank. I dont have such long wire at that time so joined 3-4 small wire pieces temporarily. But i think it will effect the guage reading. As i think the guage works as per the resistance value of something in fuel tank. So if i join diff pieces of wire they all have diff resistance, plus joining wires may also change resistance. Need ur expert opinion about my thesr assumptions plus what kind of wire should b used for correct reading...


    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

  5. #2584
    PakWheeler Follow
    shaidbokhari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    Does the steering also vibrate on high speeds?

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using PW Forums mobile app
    When at a speed of 70 above, if i put a light foot on brake pedal, pedal nd steering both vibrate a bit. Nd keep vibrating till force is applied on pedal for hard brake

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

  6. #2585
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syncview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,364
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Check the knuckles and hubs for play

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using PW Forums mobile app
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

  7. #2586
    PakWheeler Follow
    shaidbokhari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    Check the knuckles and hubs for play

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using PW Forums mobile app
    Knukles?

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

  8. #2587
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    axe.effect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,054
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @shaidbokhari
    Steering knuckle. I will check that too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  9. #2588
    PakWheeler Follow
    shaidbokhari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axe.effect View Post
    @shaidbokhari
    Steering knuckle. I will check that too.
    Thnx

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

  10. #2589
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaidbokhari View Post
    @Xulfiqar You some time seems "bohat puhnchay huay":-). As I removed the carpet last day nd found something that u predict without watching. there was a lot of moisture underneath. Looker at floor first time since purchase of car. There was a rubbber seal was missing in the floor. May be that is causing water to come inside while passing from water or in rainy season. All other wires seems ok. This whole wire was damaged. From a grip underneath dashboard to back till fuel tank. I dont have such long wire at that time so joined 3-4 small wire pieces temporarily. But i think it will effect the guage reading. As i think the guage works as per the resistance value of something in fuel tank. So if i join diff pieces of wire they all have diff resistance, plus joining wires may also change resistance. Need ur expert opinion about my thesr assumptions plus what kind of wire should b used for correct reading...


    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app
    spend the little money for the one piece of wire - I think you need 10 ft of it. Please dont buy the cheapie quality from "parts di hatti"
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  11. #2590
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,958
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    if you go to buy wire, the storekeeper asks how many strands wali, the cheapest that i saw was 10 rs for 1 meter and i bought one that was 30 rupees for one meter.

    do we judge by the number of strands or anything else, the wire seemed to be local made, it was just in a polyethene bag
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  12. #2591
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,958
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The two wires I got Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1410966339238.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  39.6 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1410966371737.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  33.7 KB
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  13. #2592
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DUDE007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,033
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^ i don't know about strands but when i go buy wires the guy asks me how much mm i.e millimeters wire i need. I asked for different gauges of wire but he didn't understand and i don't think shopkeepers here do. The lower the gauge number, the thicker the wire. I've seen audio systems here using 0 gauge(thickest) wire for amps.
    P.S: got an English assignment have you?

  14. #2593
    PakWheeler Follow
    shaidbokhari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    The two wires I got Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1410966339238.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  39.6 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1410966371737.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  33.7 KB
    I think i need yellow one. But @Xulfiqar didnt replied for resistance thing. Will diff wires change the resistance of guage nd he will create difference in reading

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

  15. #2594
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,958
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    ^ i don't know about strands but when i go buy wires the guy asks me how much mm i.e millimeters wire i need. I asked for different gauges of wire but he didn't understand and i don't think shopkeepers here do. The lower the gauge number, the thicker the wire. I've seen audio systems here using 0 gauge(thickest) wire for amps.
    P.S: got an English assignment have you?
    been there done that, i asked for 4 gauge wire and the shopkeeper scratched his head

    im starting to hate this assignment business
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  16. #2595
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaidbokhari View Post
    I think i need yellow one. But @Xulfiqar didnt replied for resistance thing. Will diff wires change the resistance of guage nd he will create difference in reading

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app
    It will create only a very slight resistance problem - but why use multiple wires - simply splice/solder one wire and heatshrink it.

    Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    been there done that, i asked for 4 gauge wire and the shopkeeper scratched his head

    im starting to hate this assignment business
    Pakistan works on metric system - ask them for wires in cross section of mm - but in home wiring we still are stuck in imperial.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  17. #2596
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syncview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,364
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    In my opinion Pakistan runs on any system that a particular person likes. . I had an experience with a machinist recently..i had to call him to help me remove old and install new shims (24 of them) i had all the measurements in mm and he was going by inches.. God knows how i managed to complete the job but it was good in the end..

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using PW Forums mobile app
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

  18. #2597
    PakWheeler Follow
    shaidbokhari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Nd when we try to tell about any part, they laugh at the name we take, as once i was having issue of cng ticking, i asked cng guy to check solenoid, he start laughing.... nd when i showed him what is solenoid,he laughed even more nd CORRECTED me that this is Kuppi :-P. Fer usny udtad ko ja k btaya k "which i heared" k e v doctor hai :-P. They used this terminology for ppl who understands a bit, try to know wots going on, argue if someone is trying to rape any thing without knowledge, all such ppl are doctors for em

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

  19. #2598
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Ask them if they want to learn the "sahee angrezi naam" of the item - also tell them that there is a difference between a doctor and a qasaai - for qasai a muscle becomes "machlie" for a doctor its tissue.

    One charges tens of thousands one does not

    If they are jokers - move along - they dont want to learn, e.g. ask them if they have heard about "sunlight switch" - sunlight switch is a term used for the external starter solenoid that was found in the ancient mazda 1500, mazda 800 etc. - people eventually butchered the word solenoid that it became "sunlight"

    there are tons of other names I can tell you.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  20. #2599
    PakWheeler Follow
    shaidbokhari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Ask them if they want to learn the "sahee angrezi naam" of the item - also tell them that there is a difference between a doctor and a qasaai - for qasai a muscle becomes "machlie" for a doctor its tissue.

    One charges tens of thousands one does not

    If they are jokers - move along - they dont want to learn, e.g. ask them if they have heard about "sunlight switch" - sunlight switch is a term used for the external starter solenoid that was found in the ancient mazda 1500, mazda 800 etc. - people eventually butchered the word solenoid that it became "sunlight"

    there are tons of other names I can tell you.
    Yes. absolutely right. Last thursday, i went to M.G engineering(khrad shop) in firebrigade isb for some adjstmnt of newly purchased clutchplate of coure. That guy was litterly awesome. Seems educated, young, well behaved, nd having knowldge of exactly what he is doing..... i will be more than happy for any major khrad work from there bext time.


    Note : i always heared that coure spare parts are costly nd suzuki has cheaper parts. But i purchased clutchplate of khyber last year for 5600/- nd clutch plate for coure is 4800/-

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

  21. #2600
    PakWheeler Follow
    shaidbokhari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If car runs perfectly on petrol nd idle perfectly then what can be the reason if i slow down while driving nd car engine stops. Its not always. Mostly it dont do such problem in start, but after driving 10-15 km, it start doing so.
    Timing issue?
    Current issue?

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •