Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 208 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 4148
Like Tree761Likes

Thread: Self Tunning - Khyber G-10 (Plugs, valve clearance, spark gap etc)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Self Tuning - Khyber G-10 (Plugs, valve clearance, spark gap etc)

Salam

dear members/experts

I own a khyber 1996. Recently overhauled its engine completely at home by myself except the mechanist part. It has its first oil change at 1100Km yesterday and i am planning to tune it. I have following query for the learned members/experts

Q.1. recommended spark plugs for khyber g-10 on CNG
    Q.2. Recommended spark plug gap?
    Q.3. Recommended tappet setting Hot/cold?
    Q.4. Running was on petrol with Caltex Havoline formula and now i have switched to CNG with Shell helix HX7 10-40W (synthetic) , is shell HX7 ok?

What else should i do or check to get max output and efficiency from my g-10?

regards

after-note: In addition to the above queries, this thread also contains info on carburetor, AC, electrical, cooling system, brakes & gear issues related to khyber G-10.

Special thanks to following experts :
    Xulfiqar, Fas133, Margallar, Ahsanzs, wasay_Ahmad, Xplorer, jz, Daniyal
    for their valuable contributions and last but not least
    I am greatful to Cracked for keeping this thread alive by
    raising all the queries/question.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had the Khyber manual when we owned it...said to change PCV on 40K miles if I remember correctly...part is small but the consequences are big so better to change...

Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    good job. metal pcv are like lifetime parts, the ones on cultus/margalla are **** plastic items

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There are 2 pipes going from the fuel tank to the filler hole. The smaller one is attached at the top the tank. Its opening can be seen near the top of filler pipe(after opening fuel cap). Is the tank considered full when fuel is above the small opening or below it?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    There are 2 pipes going from the fuel tank to the filler hole. The smaller one is attached at the top the tank. Its opening can be seen near the top of filler pipe(after opening fuel cap). Is the tank considered full when fuel is above the small opening or below it?
    The smaller pipe and its opening near the mouth of filler pipe is for letting air out of the tank when petrol is being filled in it. If its blocked internally or by the filling nozzle you will see the petrol burping out as air tries to get out and fuel tries to get in from the same path. So petrol goes in from the large pipe and air comes out from the smaller one.
    The fuel tank is considered full once you start to see petrol in the pipe from the mouth should be below the air pipe.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys there is a sound while pushing down left side of car. It sounds like "tuk tuk". I pushed the car up and down from left fender and it seemed like its coming from movement of shock/spring as i also hear it while driving over a bumpy road.

Edit: Its probably not loose caliper pins because i don't think they should make a sound while car is pushed up and down. its not like the axle sound when they they go bad rather its a muffled tuk sound....i hope you get the idea

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    Thank You for your comments. These Hankook H706 tyres are great. I have kept Bridgestone B70 and Yokohama S707 on this Khyber but Hankook H706 is the best by all means. The wet road grip is superb. Went to Murree with them in snow and they didn't slip. Fuel average is also good with them. Using them for 16 months, not a single puncture till now and the tread is as good as new. Yesterday a person was telling me that they are not available now, only Hankook Optimo is available which is not a good tyre.
    Hmmm...
    We had B70's and are having Optimo on a friend's car and I agree with your verdict.
    I'll look for these 706s, how much did it cost you for one tyre?
    I am looking for Yokohamas but don't think that they'll be available in 12" (currently stuck between 12" or 13", samajh he nahi arahi aur tyre ghis ghis ke khatam ho chuke hain )

My Khyber tail lights were also faded so I replaced them. Bought MALTA tail lights from Waseen Autos Saddar RWP for Rs. 1300/- As the CNG cylinder is removed nowadays, it was easy to install them. Applied silicon on all the outer sides after that.
    Have Malta on '10 Mehran and they have started to fade already where as the ones on Khyber are still brighter than them.

Quote Originally Posted by axe.effect View Post
    Can we fit 145/70 r12 tires in these 12 inch aftermarket alloy rims?.

How much width (inches) is the standard steel rim?.

Please suggest some good tires for above size.
    Alloys are generally of more width.
    Mounting 145/70 on this rim will cause the inner edge to move out, making the tyre stretch, which will look awkward plus might make the ride stiff and may also affect the grip. (I'm assuming that the rim must be at-least 4.5" if not 5" wide)
    I'd say 165/70/12 would be the best combo.
    BTW the OEM steel wheel is 4" wide.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Updated

This is sample after cleaning. I purchased chrome spray that will be used for reflectors.

There is some translucent type glass too which spreads light, which maybe missing in most khybers.

Picture 1 is red glass and translucent glass.

Picture 2 is only red glass with no translucent glass.

Picture 3 is with translucent glass only.

Picture 4 is with both glasses.

@DUDE007
    Info updated.
    Nice work, however try adding a corner bulb as it will enhance the brightness a lot.
    I used this chrome paint back in '08 on my car but felt that taxi wali feel with too much chamak even when the lights were off so a year back as per @Xulfiqar 's advice I opened the lights, painted the dome white with auto-color, added 5W corner bulb, sealed the lights properly and the results were zabardast.
    Have a look.
    These first two with the lens just placed (not attached) and the second last is with just the back lights and the last one is with the brake.
    Self Tunning  Khyber G10 Plugs valve clearance spark gap etc -1564681Self Tunning  Khyber G10 Plugs valve clearance spark gap etc -1564682Self Tunning  Khyber G10 Plugs valve clearance spark gap etc -1564683Self Tunning  Khyber G10 Plugs valve clearance spark gap etc -1564684
    I was so happy with the result of white paint that later on I did the same with the licence plate lights housing.

@speedster_101
    Did malta lights had this type of translucent glass to spread light?.
    It must be there, because if this is not present, light won't be evenly distributed.

Due to tints, rear visibility was very low in dark, so added LEDs in licence plates. Great results.

No alteration required, though most LEDs require wiring alterations.

The same type LEDs are working great in my other cars for more than 6 months.
    Try them in the back lights and let us know the results.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^did you make a hole before adding the 5W bulb in the corner of each light?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I checked my khyber's fuel consumption recently. It's giving exactly 10kmpl with 50% AC used and light to moderate foot driving. Its officially the lowest fuel consumption vehicle in the garage
    A few months ago it gave a figure of 7 to 8 so this is a big improvement but i know it can improve as i haven't serviced the carb yet and mixture screw was last set in last winter.

What do you guys think?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^did you make a hole before adding the 5W bulb in the corner of each light?
    Yup.
    Drilled a hole and later used a file to make it cut type, so it fits just like the other holders, fitting is done with clockwise and clockwise rotation.
    The thing I liked the most about using white paint is that it looks quite sober at daytime but glows much brighter and with even distribution at night or at braking.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    Hmmm...
    We had B70's and are having Optimo on a friend's car and I agree with your verdict.
    I'll look for these 706s, how much did it cost you for one tyre?
    I am looking for Yokohamas but don't think that they'll be available in 12" (currently stuck between 12" or 13", samajh he nahi arahi aur tyre ghis ghis ke khatam ho chuke hain )
    I bought 4 tyres Hankook H-706 (165/70/12) on Dec 2013 for Rs. 17,300/- from New Punjab Tyres, Near Tanga stand, Saddar, Rwp. I called their main dealer in Karachi and he referred me to them. You can call them and inquire about the availability.
    Self Tunning  Khyber G10 Plugs valve clearance spark gap etc -1564721

If they are not available you can call Asad Tyres Rwp for Yokohama.

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    Have Malta on '10 Mehran and they have started to fade already where as the ones on Khyber are still brighter than them.
    5 years for a Rs. 1300/- light is good enough in my opinion. (Just check the prices of Honda or Toyota tail lights)
    Malta lights fade away in 3.5 - 4 years depending upon sunlight exposure. I replace my Khyber tail lights every 3.5 years. Think of it as an oil change, even the oil change costs around Rs. 2000/-
    The faded lights on a Khyber looks too bad.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I checked my khyber's fuel consumption recently. It's giving exactly 10kmpl with 50% AC used and light to moderate foot driving. Its officially the lowest fuel consumption vehicle in the garage
    A few months ago it gave a figure of 7 to 8 so this is a big improvement but i know it can improve as i haven't serviced the carb yet and mixture screw was last set in last winter.

What do you guys think?
    make it abit leaner, like rotate it clockwise in very small increments and drive. adjust where it feels okay.

btw, on driving between 3-5.5 k rpm and using ac, i got 10.7, on civilized driving i would get near 12
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What do you guys think?
    I think you meant highest.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I bought 4 tyres Hankook H-706 (165/70/12) on Dec 2013 for Rs. 17,300/- from New Punjab Tyres, Near Tanga stand, Saddar, Rwp. I called their main dealer in Karachi and he referred me to them. You can call them and inquire about the availability.
    Self Tunning  Khyber G10 Plugs valve clearance spark gap etc -1564721

If they are not available you can call Asad Tyres Rwp for Yokohama.
    Thank-you for the detailed info.
    I'll check them for sure before getting them changed.

5 years for a Rs. 1300/- light is good enough in my opinion. (Just check the prices of Honda or Toyota tail lights)
    Malta lights fade away in 3.5 - 4 years depending upon sunlight exposure. I replace my Khyber tail lights every 3.5 years. Think of it as an oil change, even the oil change costs around Rs. 2000/-
    The faded lights on a Khyber looks too bad.
    Hmmm...
    You've got a valid point in terms of price and the time period but I was comparing them with the Tokaidenso ones. The ones on Khyber are now almost 16 years old and still haven't faded where as the Malta one on '10 Mehran have faded away. BTW Did you ask for the price of a Tokaidenso pair? (if it was available?)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^
    No, Japanese tail lights were not available at Waseem Autos.
    Malta is the best you can get now.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@smijaz There are 4 wires that go to the ignition barrel. At ON three wires have battery voltage and one is at 0V so i think thats the wire that goes to starter. I want to know which two wires are connected by moving key to START? What i understand is that one of those 3 wires with voltage is joined with the starter wire when key is at START.

Actually i was planning a push start button install so i need to know where to put another switch so that i can start the car with it after turning key to ON.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question

My mechanic suggested to replace brake discs/rotors. I did some search and found that minimum thickness should be 8.0 mm (on this website http://www.acdelco.com.au/PDFs/Catal...lco_Rotors.pdf)

Is it correct? Seems like my rotors are of 7.0mm. Shall I change them?

Any recommended brand?

There is corrosion on edge of one rotor from which there is squeal sound upon applying brakes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@smijaz There are 4 wires that go to the ignition barrel. At ON three wires have battery voltage and one is at 0V so i think thats the wire that goes to starter. I want to know which two wires are connected by moving key to START? What i understand is that one of those 3 wires with voltage is joined with the starter wire when key is at START.

Actually i was planning a push start button install so i need to know where to put another switch so that i can start the car with it after turning key to ON.
    Maybe a continuity test will get the info.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah i found out that way after disconnecting battery.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai toh unjeeniyur hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some bad news guys.

I was having misfires for the past few days so i checked the ignition system and found this to be the culprit.

As you can see the 2nd and 3rd wires and plugs are filled with black powder. I suspect this to be from excessive arcing which caused the wire insulation to burn from inside. I haven't checked for arcing at night. I ensured that all wires were secure and fit perfectly on the plugs.

So i swapped the wires and plugs with the old set i had and there are no misfires. The distributor cap and rotor were cleaned and the coil wire and coil were checked but there was no issue there.

Why was this only with 2 wires when i had installed all of them the same way and they weren't tangled or left loose?

EDIT: pics were rotated counterclockwise :/.
    From bottom to top : plug and wire(SEIWA) of cylinder 1,2 and 3.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1429805369756.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  99.6 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1429805452246.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  98.1 KB

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List