Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 203 of 208 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 4148
Like Tree761Likes

Thread: Self Tunning - Khyber G-10 (Plugs, valve clearance, spark gap etc)

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    smijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,100
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Self Tuning - Khyber G-10 (Plugs, valve clearance, spark gap etc)

    Salam

    dear members/experts

    I own a khyber 1996. Recently overhauled its engine completely at home by myself except the mechanist part. It has its first oil change at 1100Km yesterday and i am planning to tune it. I have following query for the learned members/experts

    Q.1. recommended spark plugs for khyber g-10 on CNG
    Q.2. Recommended spark plug gap?
    Q.3. Recommended tappet setting Hot/cold?
    Q.4. Running was on petrol with Caltex Havoline formula and now i have switched to CNG with Shell helix HX7 10-40W (synthetic) , is shell HX7 ok?

    What else should i do or check to get max output and efficiency from my g-10?

    regards


    after-note: In addition to the above queries, this thread also contains info on carburetor, AC, electrical, cooling system, brakes & gear issues related to khyber G-10.

    Special thanks to following experts :
    Xulfiqar, Fas133, Margallar, Ahsanzs, wasay_Ahmad, Xplorer, jz, Daniyal
    for their valuable contributions and last but not least
    I am greatful to Cracked for keeping this thread alive by
    raising all the queries/question.


  2. #4041
    PakWheeler Follow
    fady04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    202
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    Vacuum pipes are not according to the order.

    is it possible for me to have correct order by the help of diagram or some thing like it?
    your Qualities will be known .............................among your enemies

  3. #4042
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fady04 View Post
    is it possible for me to have correct order by the help of diagram or some thing like it?
    Yes you can correct the vacuum pipes your self. With the help of a diagram. I think this is discussed somewhere back in this thread.

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  4. #4043
    PakWheeler Follow
    mohsinmahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    No one replys me till now....?

  5. #4044
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohsinmahar View Post
    No one replys me till now....?
    The tic tic sound in khyber g10 engine is normal due to its rocker design you can't make it sound less.

    The sound from compressor could be due to loose belt, clutch not engaging properly, bearing problem, at last weak compressor.

    Can't comment much about pressure readings.

    I think you are talking about C.V joints. Can't recall their exact name but i think its sherry i am using the same one's in my car and they are going good from last 2 year's.

    About wheel bearings use Nachi or NTN bearings they are good.


    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  6. #4045
    PakWheeler Follow
    tucknoloji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    3
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    The tic tic sound in khyber g10 engine is normal due to its rocker design you can't make it sound less.

    The sound from compressor could be due to loose belt, clutch not engaging properly, bearing problem, at last weak compressor.

    Can't comment much about pressure readings.

    I think you are talking about C.V joints. Can't recall their exact name but i think its sherry i am using the same one's in my car and they are going good from last 2 year's.

    About wheel bearings use Nachi or NTN bearings they are good.


    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Its not true... Change the Rockers and Tappiet adjustor nut.... The tic tic sound will go off.... But min it... Only Adjuster nuts set is priced around 2400 .... And rockers are again very expensive...

    It start coming due to non professional mechanic when they adjust it keeping the tappiet little lose.... And eventually on rockers .. Marks appear and that whr wen it start making tic tic sound.... Exhaust and intake valves has sperate setting .... In cold n hot state will be considered... Manual for Khyber/swift is available online here at Pkwheel... Check and replace the parts and adjust it accordingly to the manual... U will see the difference

    Sent from my Infinix-X551 using Tapatalk

  7. #4046
    PakWheeler Follow
    tucknoloji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    3
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    The tic tic sound in khyber g10 engine is normal due to its rocker design you can't make it sound less.

    The sound from compressor could be due to loose belt, clutch not engaging properly, bearing problem, at last weak compressor.

    Can't comment much about pressure readings.

    I think you are talking about C.V joints. Can't recall their exact name but i think its sherry i am using the same one's in my car and they are going good from last 2 year's.

    About wheel bearings use Nachi or NTN bearings they are good.


    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Plus for CV joints aka goday... Get chinese pair, all four... Inner n outer... Replace them... Alongside Chimtay as well... Also chnage the Kangi ends ... The setup will last for good 2 years atleast if u drive it carefuly....

    Bearings.... Yes Nachi.... And install them via Hydrolic Press machine not with Hammer... And use good imported grease .. So that they last longer than usual ....

    Bearings go off wen u drive the car in rain and lots of water on the roads provided with no or bad quality grease .... Use better imported grease n u will have no bearing noise for five years atleast

    Sent from my Infinix-X551 using Tapatalk

  8. #4047
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DUDE007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,033
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Self Tunning - Khyber G-10 (Plugs, valve clearance, spark gap etc) - e49c447b60b2c17332633259d6e8054d

    this is a part attached to a fuel line which i dont know where it goes. I guess it is supposed to be filled with something to reduce fuel vapour smell but in my case, its empty. Maybe this is why there is fuel smell after a warm shutoff. Has anyone ever replaced it?

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

  9. #4048
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    Self Tunning - Khyber G-10 (Plugs, valve clearance, spark gap etc) - e49c447b60b2c17332633259d6e8054d

    this is a part attached to a fuel line which i dont know where it goes. I guess it is supposed to be filled with something to reduce fuel vapour smell but in my case, its empty. Maybe this is why there is fuel smell after a warm shutoff. Has anyone ever replaced it?

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    I also want to know about this..
    I am facing pressure in fuel tank and after that car starts missing.

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  10. #4049
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DUDE007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,033
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    I also want to know about this..
    I am facing pressure in fuel tank and after that car starts missing.

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Try removing it and cleaning the pipe with carb cleaner. It may be blocked. See if there is any material inside the plastic part. If there isn't then blast the inside with the cleaner


    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

  11. #4050
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    Try removing it and cleaning the pipe with carb cleaner. It may be blocked. See if there is any material inside the plastic part. If there isn't then blast the inside with the cleaner


    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    I have cleaned that plastic part by removing it there was nothing inside that but was filled with dust so cleaned that.

    But the problem is somewhere else i think.!
    Because still pressure builds up in the tank. I am thinking of cleaning the petrol tank it has never been cleaned from day one(MAY28,1998). ☺

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  12. #4051
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    I have cleaned that plastic part by removing it there was nothing inside that but was filled with dust so cleaned that.

    But the problem is somewhere else i think.!
    Because still pressure builds up in the tank. I am thinking of cleaning the petrol tank it has never been cleaned from day one(MAY28,1998). ☺

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Pressure in tank? You sure?

  13. #4052
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Pressure in tank? You sure?
    Yep when ever fuel tank cap is opened i am able to hear a very loud and clear sound as of oppening a pepsi bottle.😛

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  14. #4053
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    Yep when ever fuel tank cap is opened i am able to hear a very loud and clear sound as of oppening a pepsi bottle.��

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    The thing which you are experiencing is vaccum locking your tank breather pipe is bad

  15. #4054
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DUDE007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,033
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    The thing which you are experiencing is vaccum locking your tank breather pipe is bad
    Isnt the sound an indicator that the system is sealed?

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

  16. #4055
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    The thing which you are experiencing is vaccum locking your tank breather pipe is bad
    The picture as shown by DUDE007 is of breather pipe vent i guess i have cleaned that but still....
    Does it have any other valve on breather pipe?

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  17. #4056
    PakWheeler Follow
    shutloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    What are the signs for coil malfunctions? The problem with my khyber is that even in this summer season if I park my car for 1-2 hours and then start it I need to keep on the Throttle for 3-4 mins before starting to drive, If I dont do this the engine shutdowns and car keeps on missing. I think the coil is not providing enough voltage to the engine.

  18. #4057
    PakWheeler Follow
    ady007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    guys.... once again.. i am here with a problem...!!
    today i started my car but it could not take power self to start the engine... so i gathered 2 man who pushed my car to start... after car started few seconds later i turned my car's ac on. after few KM of running.. i shut down engine again and stared again.. but it could not take self again... so i pushed it again.. after that i went to car battery check to let it checked... battery man said the charging is not full so run at least 50 KM without AC... so the battery will be charged again...

    Question is... if i am starting my car in morning... and without warming the engine i am turning the AC on.. will it cause battery discharge??
    showing off is fool's idea of glory...... "BrUcE LeE"

  19. #4058
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahasoomro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    882
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ady007 View Post
    guys.... once again.. i am here with a problem...!!
    today i started my car but it could not take power self to start the engine... so i gathered 2 man who pushed my car to start... after car started few seconds later i turned my car's ac on. after few KM of running.. i shut down engine again and stared again.. but it could not take self again... so i pushed it again.. after that i went to car battery check to let it checked... battery man said the charging is not full so run at least 50 KM without AC... so the battery will be charged again...

    Question is... if i am starting my car in morning... and without warming the engine i am turning the AC on.. will it cause battery discharge??
    Take ur car to Ajmal ustaad it seem generator problem or may be geneator belt which is not charging u r car battery .


    Corolla GLI 2016 + SWIFT 90's

  20. #4059
    PakWheeler Follow
    ady007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    if i am not running ac... then battery charging is fine... but if i am running with ac... then battery is die in the morning start... is this also problem of GENERATOR...!!!!!
    tomorrow.. i will go to mechanic for GENERATOR check anyway....
    showing off is fool's idea of glory...... "BrUcE LeE"

  21. #4060
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    metalhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Wah cantt
    Posts
    1,304
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ady007 View Post
    if i am not running ac... then battery charging is fine... but if i am running with ac... then battery is die in the morning start... is this also problem of GENERATOR...!!!!!
    tomorrow.. i will go to mechanic for GENERATOR check anyway....
    Could be weak ground wiring also.
    Also check the cable from generator to battery.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •