Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 4148
Like Tree761Likes

Thread: Self Tunning - Khyber G-10 (Plugs, valve clearance, spark gap etc)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Self Tuning - Khyber G-10 (Plugs, valve clearance, spark gap etc)

Salam

dear members/experts

I own a khyber 1996. Recently overhauled its engine completely at home by myself except the mechanist part. It has its first oil change at 1100Km yesterday and i am planning to tune it. I have following query for the learned members/experts

Q.1. recommended spark plugs for khyber g-10 on CNG
    Q.2. Recommended spark plug gap?
    Q.3. Recommended tappet setting Hot/cold?
    Q.4. Running was on petrol with Caltex Havoline formula and now i have switched to CNG with Shell helix HX7 10-40W (synthetic) , is shell HX7 ok?

What else should i do or check to get max output and efficiency from my g-10?

regards

after-note: In addition to the above queries, this thread also contains info on carburetor, AC, electrical, cooling system, brakes & gear issues related to khyber G-10.

Special thanks to following experts :
    Xulfiqar, Fas133, Margallar, Ahsanzs, wasay_Ahmad, Xplorer, jz, Daniyal
    for their valuable contributions and last but not least
    I am greatful to Cracked for keeping this thread alive by
    raising all the queries/question.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adyiator View Post
    i have lovato small cng kit, and it is giving me bad times. the car jerks like earth quacks and because of those jerks it has slipped the gears and now they get disengaged.

issue is, the diaphram of the kit is worn out.

and when i drive it on patrol for like 10kms, and then switch to cng it runs smoothly for 50kms on cng. after than again it jerks like hell...

should i change the diaphram or replace small landirenzo kit ???

thanks in advance.
    Lovato is reliable brand so IMO you should go for repair instead of going for new landi.

I am also facing a similar issue with mine too

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your kit needs servicing - and you need to have the coolant lines connected to it also, Lovatogas CNG regulators can freeze up quite a bit
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can anyone plz tell me ...how to check if compressor is faulty !! can i check manually!my dad went to a mechanic (friends advice)he i dont know what kind of idiot is ,first recharged the gas didnt clean the radiator wagaira but the cooling was good in night and in evening as usual in khyber!!! other day i switched on the ac cold air was not comming i checked the drier bottle there was no gas !! i asked my dad what has he done ,my dad said he said that compressor is faulty,i dont belive in that mechanic cox before that day cooling was good in night and no sighns of faulty compressor ,so is there any thing by which i can check on my own that if compressor is faulty or not thankss!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^compressor's shaft seal is leak.
    Say NO to OPEN LETTERS

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks @ smijaz & xulfiqar.
    I'm struggling to please ALLAH, I'll suggest you do the same.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    your kit needs servicing - and you need to have the coolant lines connected to it also, Lovatogas CNG regulators can freeze up quite a bit

brother which ones are the coolant lines and from where they get connected.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

they are the two open lines on the regulator itself
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ALHAMDOLIALLAH.
    my cng regulator is fine jerks were bcz of currunt coil main cable.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Diagnosis first...

@adyiator
    the main problem here is the diagnosis...
    one should check for related things also. and should not jump to bigger repair instantly...
    but this does not work all the time coz when your car is stuck at mechanic's, you dont have any other options left but to hear him...

such forums are very helpful in understanding the systems and self-diagnosing the problems. thanks to the experts here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Disappointed

In the past I have shared possible risks involved in DIYs and self repairs but forgot to mentioned that the risk of physical and monetary damage is way higher from a "so called " renowned mechanics and their chelas

I was having bad idling and consumption issues on petrol with my car. being very touchy about my car i chose to visit "Universal Autos" as i supposed they were the best at what they do and unfortunately I was wrong.

I got there at 10am in the morning , they opened up the carb and placed a list of parts which need to be replaced like slow jet, main jet, economizer valve, venturi, spring, carb cleaner, labour etc amounting to rs 4200 .

The thing was after charging me the can of carb cleaner for rs 260 they used petrol (more than a litre) from my car to clean the carb and I didnt even get to see it anywhere around.

When asked them to return the old parts which were replaced they refused without giving any reason in very rude way.

I was pretty much offended by the way they treated a customer.

On my way back at ferozpur road my car started to knock and with a loud metal against metal sound from the engine the car stalled. I tried to start it cautiously and again that metallic sound came. I switched off and took the keys out with sweat on my forehead as I knew something went through the intake and into the inlet valve.

stranded On side of the ferozpur road with the help of my toolkit which I carry along in the back of my car. I decided to remove the intake there and then , so I removed the carb from the intake, flushed the coolant from the radiator, and removed the intake manifold from engine head in about 30 minutes.

As suspected I found a 1 inch copper bolt stuck in the inlet valve No 2 (center one) patiently suffering minor burns along the way i managed to pull it out by slowly moving the car while in gear to open up the valve.

During this I called a friend of mine to the rescue alongwith inlet gasket which i replaced and reassembled the intake and carb.

The moment of truth came , started the car But to my darkest nightmares the sound was still there and as horrible as ever. My heart sank like a stone and my hands started to feel the burn in deep.

I decided to pull the car to the friends residence nearby and plan the next strategy.

Got there in the evening and after an hours rest I decided to open up the head to be sure about the status. Along with friend i removed the head and found peaces of broken steel washer in cylinder two. Spark plug , piston and head had deep impact marks. sparkplug was unusable but thanks to Almighty Allah that sleeve and valves/seats were not damaged.

Took a break for the night and next day in the morning replaced the head gasket and after thorough cleaning and checks reassembled the engine.

At 2 pm I was ready to start the car and thanks to Allah this time every thing went OK.

After few minutes of idling and then some reving I drained the old oil and replaced it.

Total parts cost was 450 for the gasket and 1650 for oil and filter (ZIC A)

Labour : ZERO

Khawari: Unlimited

Ghusa: - do -

After consulting a dear friends dad who used to work for Shahnawaz found that the bolt i found stuck in the valve was from the throttle body (Butterfly) which probably was left loose and while installing the carb it fell in.

I am planning to pay them one ........ visit to show them their level but for that i am afraid that i have to lower my self to that level first.

Please to share your view, technical guidance and advice for me to proceed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i advise you to take a few people with you who can really *speak* their mind in the lowly abusive language that most mechanics only understand. this is a must. going alone or two people would give it a no-no. go at a time when there're many customers there, speaking in a loud tone will give them a cause to listen to you really carefully this time...
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ijaz
    the bigger the name of mechanic is the higher his attitude and lowest his work quality, so better visit the mechanic who has time for u and also to some extent parha likha, go to him with a car ful of your friends specialy jo lahori gaaliyan de saktay hon phir uski baja k ao

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh sad story ijaz bhai
    if i were u ,i wud take my frnds tht can take and give slaps,but thts me,im a student..but ur a govt employee,,so its better to atleast go there with some frnds and talk about it...n if they brag about anything,give them two right on their face!
    ye ajeeb bakwas hy,ol parts mechanics sy wapis mango tou wo tapp jaty hain,cuz they will get them workin n will sale them to some one..i always get old parts back,even though ive to give them to kabarya but still,i pay mechanic for their work,they dont deserve so much of sympathy !
    REAL men drive manual cars!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smijaz View Post
    In the past I have shared possible risks involved in DIYs and self repairs but forgot to mentioned that the risk of physical and monetary damage is way higher from a "so called " renowned mechanics and their chelas

I was having bad idling and consumption issues on petrol with my car. being very touchy about my car i chose to visit "Universal Autos" as i supposed they were the best at what they do and unfortunately I was wrong.

I got there at 10am in the morning , they opened up the carb and placed a list of parts which need to be replaced like slow jet, main jet, economizer valve, venturi, spring, carb cleaner, labour etc amounting to rs 4200 .

The thing was after charging me the can of carb cleaner for rs 260 they used petrol (more than a litre) from my car to clean the carb and I didnt even get to see it anywhere around.

When asked them to return the old parts which were replaced they refused without giving any reason in very rude way.

I was pretty much offended by the way they treated a customer.

On my way back at ferozpur road my car started to knock and with a loud metal against metal sound from the engine the car stalled. I tried to start it cautiously and again that metallic sound came. I switched off and took the keys out with sweat on my forehead as I knew something went through the intake and into the inlet valve.

stranded On side of the ferozpur road with the help of my toolkit which I carry along in the back of my car. I decided to remove the intake there and then , so I removed the carb from the intake, flushed the coolant from the radiator, and removed the intake manifold from engine head in about 30 minutes.

As suspected I found a 1 inch copper bolt stuck in the inlet valve No 2 (center one) patiently suffering minor burns along the way i managed to pull it out by slowly moving the car while in gear to open up the valve.

During this I called a friend of mine to the rescue alongwith inlet gasket which i replaced and reassembled the intake and carb.

The moment of truth came , started the car But to my darkest nightmares the sound was still there and as horrible as ever. My heart sank like a stone and my hands started to feel the burn in deep.

I decided to pull the car to the friends residence nearby and plan the next strategy.

Got there in the evening and after an hours rest I decided to open up the head to be sure about the status. Along with friend i removed the head and found peaces of broken steel washer in cylinder two. Spark plug , piston and head had deep impact marks. sparkplug was unusable but thanks to Almighty Allah that sleeve and valves/seats were not damaged.

Took a break for the night and next day in the morning replaced the head gasket and after thorough cleaning and checks reassembled the engine.

At 2 pm I was ready to start the car and thanks to Allah this time every thing went OK.

After few minutes of idling and then some reving I drained the old oil and replaced it.

Total parts cost was 450 for the gasket and 1650 for oil and filter (ZIC A)

Labour : ZERO

Khawari: Unlimited

Ghusa: - do -

After consulting a dear friends dad who used to work for Shahnawaz found that the bolt i found stuck in the valve was from the throttle body (Butterfly) which probably was left loose and while installing the carb it fell in.

I am planning to pay them one ........ visit to show them their level but for that i am afraid that i have to lower my self to that level first.

Please to share your view, technical guidance and advice for me to proceed.

When I was a lad tinkering with stuff my father used to have a mechanic for fixing his car and I remember he was usually paying him a visit every month - when I graduated to tinker with his (now nearly rattly) car - I went over it with the help of a service manual and some help from my freinds and uncle. Nearly everything that the mehanics had adjusted were either, loose, maladjusted, missing, broken, cut etc etc.

Things I recall (car was a 1981 corolla 1.3)
    Timing chain installed incorrect
    distrubutor C/A and V/A incorrect
    carburettor out of whack
    PCV valve gummed up
    valve clearances out the window
    thermostat missing
    exhaust manifold heat shields missing
    ignition coil - distributor (low current) wiring shot
    alternator loose

It took me a week to fix that car to normal - and it was then that it dawned on myself, dad and everyone included in the project that these usual hack mechanics do more bad than good.

I also have a highway experience of fixing a land rover discovery outside of Sahiwal - that was gaalyon ki lughat (mostly as I had to use tools from a tractor mechanic) - because the owners driver had the best workshop in Lahore fix it. YEAH RIGHT - FIX MY FOOT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@smijaz
    Its sad to hear that you have encountered a lot of problem due to the negligence and incompetence of that mechanic. You know a lot about your car, most of the people in Pakistan do not know that much and that is why it is a heaven for mechanics. They can ask anything and the car owner has to accept it because he is already fed up sitting in those junkyards with these illiterate mechanics using abusive language with their colleagues. But you should have asked him that where is the carb cleaner? You have took 260 Rs from me but I can't see carb cleaner anywhere.
    Now you should go to that mechanic along with some people and teach him a lesson. Ask him to return your money.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
    @adyiator
    the main problem here is the diagnosis...
    one should check for related things also. and should not jump to bigger repair instantly...
    but this does not work all the time coz when your car is stuck at mechanic's, you dont have any other options left but to hear him...

such forums are very helpful in understanding the systems and self-diagnosing the problems. thanks to the experts here.

that's very much true. i'm saved from huge costs...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

after repairing the gear box, which was disengaging the 2nd and 4th and 1st gear by itself, now the gear stick is very much hardened, i face trouble engaging the gear into 2nd and still 1 out of 50 time 4th gear disengages by itself again.

i don't know what to do, the gear shifting is very hard.

thanks in advance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adyiator View Post
    after repairing the gear box, which was disengaging the 2nd and 4th and 1st gear by itself, now the gear stick is very much hardened, i face trouble engaging the gear into 2nd and still 1 out of 50 time 4th gear disengages by itself again.

i don't know what to do, the gear shifting is very hard.

thanks in advance.
    This is a very common issue in most of the repaired transmissions. The mechanic in order to avoid any near future complain does overdo the shifting fingers.

This problem is also seen in zero meter alto and it gets better with time and patience, same will be in your case it will get better with time. Dont forget to change gear oil at 5000km , you will be able to see a lot of metal particles stuck to the gear oil drain plug's magnet. Use only GL-4 SAE75-85W oil for ur transmission. next gear oil change will be after 40K kms.

In some cases, the adjustment mechanism (three screws on top of the gear box with a spring and ball under neath them) might need aluminum washer to loosen up the hardened shifting. Consult the gear wala for this.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hay ya'all
    havin some trouble..
    i just got may cng cylinder and kit serviced...
    a very minor amount of oil came out from cylinder and no oil from ccng kit,it was all dry inside...
    the problem before and after cng cleanup was the car acts differently in different weathers..
    i mean in morning,wen outside is normal temp,car rpm is stable.
    but in noon,wen out side is hot,car vibrates on idle,both in morning and noon,car temp is on middle ,
    havent chked on petrol cuz petrol py gari black smoke daiti hy,n its not tunned well on petrol,but o cng,it acts weird?
    ive chkd plug wires they are properly intact,
    all vaccum pipes are in good shape,have changed few vacuum pipes but no avail.
    distributor cap is new and is clean frm inside n outside!
    any other ideas???
    REAL men drive manual cars!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just got a set of Ultima Type R (3 Core) plug wires from Karachi.

Previously I was using Ultima sport wires having resistance of about 1K Ohm per feet got them last year for Rs. 650 from Lahore.

They were good wires but these 3 core type R is something better price I paid was Rs. 850.

Resistance per foot is only 200 Ohms resulting in stronger and brighter spark.

With these wires I have increased the spark plug gap from 0.9mm to 1.0mm.

Adjusted the CNG and ignition timing also and the result was noticeable increase in engine response and hopefully will get better mileage too.

Experts can correct me if I have done something wrong.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List