Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Khyber 95,No smoke and oil decreased?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Khyber 95,No smoke and oil decreased?

When I was changing the oil recently, i found that it has decreased the level till the lower point. About 7-8 months ago, I have changed the Rings (only) as at that time it was decreasing oil continuously but when we opened the engine everything else was in good condition so we changed only rings and the problem solved. The engine was never overheated after that but this time i done 3500km on that oil while i usually change it at 3K.

Now there is no smoke at all from silencer, neither from the oil place (when cap is removed). Only sometime it does little missing but not so often, although i have done computerized tuning recently.
    What else should I check to confirm whether the engine is ok or there could be some problem. Or should I wait for the oil this time. (till now it has done 200 km and almost no oil decrease). I always use GTX-castrol 20w-50 (dubai version not pakistani).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you have got good compression and no visible smoke while driving most probably your valve seals are worn out.

If the engine runs at normal operating temperature you would experience slight smoke from the exhaust when you move from a stop after idling for a while (like a red signal)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for reply sir,
    will it require engine opening (overhaul) for valve seal replacement? and any cost idea appx?
    I dont know much about compression but i could not see any smoke anywhere and my engine runs at normal temperature always,
    how can I confirm that the problem really exist without relying on the mechanic.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List