Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Naveed539

Thread: Overheating of Suzuki Khyber...?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Overheating of Suzuki Khyber...?

Hello,
    I would like to have your valuable opinion on the issue of overheating of my Suzuki Khyber 98...I have recently got its radiator fully serviced and then i added quiet high quality coolant in it...But i am surprised that it gets overheated after 30 mint drive in extream hot times of the day and the H/C guage reaches up to 75% of its level...

Is this much rise in H/C guage ok OR there is some issue which is causing this much of overheating and there fore i need to look for the cause...?

Please i need your valuable suggestions,

Regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

did u checkd the fan batter instal a rely to fan
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Click & read this thread - https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/air...#post3376147if you have been using tap water before coolant you need to replace the Thermostat valve as well. it may be not working. Also check for any corrosion in the metal pipe on the water body connected to hose pipe.did you flushed the cooling system after radiator was cleaned & coolant is topped up?
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    Click & read this thread - https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/air...#post3376147if you have been using tap water before coolant you need to replace the Thermostat valve as well. it may be not working. Also check for any corrosion in the metal pipe on the water body connected to hose pipe.did you flushed the cooling system after radiator was cleaned & coolant is topped up?
    I would like to proceed further and ask that is there any relationship between Body Earth wire and overheating of Car...Electrician told me that If body earth is not well placed, Your car Radiator fan speed gets slower, and consequently your car starts heating...

Wot do u say...?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

open up the radiator cap ,,,,,,,,,,fill it up and start the engine without putting the cap in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,just check is there any bubbles comming out from the radiator ?............ if so then probem will may be with gas kit and may need head resurfacing ,,,,,,,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by Naveed539 View Post
    Hello,
    I would like to have your valuable opinion on the issue of overheating of my Suzuki Khyber 98...I have recently got its radiator fully serviced and then i added quiet high quality coolant in it...But i am surprised that it gets overheated after 30 mint drive in extream hot times of the day and the H/C guage reaches up to 75% of its level...

Is this much rise in H/C guage ok OR there is some issue which is causing this much of overheating and there fore i need to look for the cause...?

Please i need your valuable suggestions,

Regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Naveed539 View Post
    I would like to proceed further and ask that is there any relationship between Body Earth wire and overheating of Car...Electrician told me that If body earth is not well placed, Your car Radiator fan speed gets slower, and consequently your car starts heating...

Wot do u say...?

yes that negative wire makes difference but if negative was lose car will also having start up issues...

i think you need to change your radiator fan...get high speed fan of honda...

and flush your whole cooling system with radiator flush...
    .........Tomorrow Never Comes Until Its Too Late........
    //////Life Without LOUD Sound System iz incomplete\\\\\\

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sharo53 View Post
    yes that negative wire makes difference but if negative was lose car will also having start up issues...

i think you need to change your radiator fan...get high speed fan of honda...

and flush your whole cooling system with radiator flush...

Could be many things, if you were previously running it on water before switching to coolant than its any body's guess what could be the problem. Poorly functioning water pump, Faulty thermostat (opening late), faulty auto fan switch, blocked radiator fins, have you tried checking for a leak in the system ? There might be air bubles / air lock.. did you bleed properly.. there is a method to do it which you can check on youtube..The metal pipes carrying coolant to engine and bringing from it back to radiator might have their diameter reduced to a great percentage due to rust deposits.

One more thing, did you properly de-rust the system using tartaric acid (citric acid) or Oxalic acid or just used a mild de-scaling solution? Descaling is done after 40-50,000 KM when one is using proper coolant, when one is using water, they should use acid to remove rust. There is information on how to do this in many threads on Pak wheels. I dont think Radiator flush or de scaling solution can remove "rust deposits" from years of water use in radiator system.

Before jumping to change head gasket, check all of the above. Also there are many posts on various threads on Pak Wheels on such topics with valuable insights that you might want to look into. Opening the engine and replacing gasket and refacing the head should be the last resort...

By the way @Naveed539 i just noticed its been months since you posted the above problem... You must have gotten the problem rectified by now what was the problem actually and how was it solved and how much did you end up paying....

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List