Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hassantahir2

Thread: Suzuki Khyber GearBox Oil Check?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    buttsaab2520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Suzuki Khyber GearBox Oil Check?

    Salam brothers,
    i was wondering how do we check the gearbox oil...my khyber is giving me little problems like changing gears quickly makes a weird metal cluck sound,also that i haven't changed the gear oil like never...also could you show or tell where the dip is..or is there any dip check for the gearbox oil?
    1992 khyber.broken mirror.interior all rusted up.paint coming off.people say sell it while you have the chance,i say i cant....... cause it still has my memories in it :')

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Fahad.Ayub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,959
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    there is no dipstick in M/T cars for checking trans fluid
    there is fill bolt on top which you can open and check the level
    but if you believe it was never changed then get it done

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    buttsaab2520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    would you know where the fill bolt would be in a khyber...will probably go to the mechanic but would like to know where it is

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DUDE007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,033
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buttsaab2520 View Post
    would you know where the fill bolt would be in a khyber...will probably go to the mechanic but would like to know where it is
    It is on the right side standing facing the front of the car. There are a couple bolts on that side, one is for checking level.

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    cowboy_779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bro where speedometer cable fits , from there u can check the gear oil .this is what i know .for reference i am attaching the picture of speedometer cable .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    fady04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    202
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy_779 View Post
    bro where speedometer cable fits , from there u can check the gear oil .this is what i know .for reference i am attaching the picture of speedometer cable .
    Ma Sha Allah. bhai kia daily brush kertay ho engine bay mein.
    your Qualities will be known .............................among your enemies

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mirza967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    23
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy_779 View Post
    bro where speedometer cable fits , from there u can check the gear oil .this is what i know .for reference i am attaching the picture of speedometer cable .
    khyber has a black cap with dipstick on gearbox just like mehran and motorcycles....open it by turning counterclockwise.....and u can check level.....for draining there is scrulox bolt....which has square type socket for it.....drain it by removing it and clean the bolt as it has magnet.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DUDE007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,033
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirza967 View Post
    khyber has a black cap with dipstick on gearbox just like mehran and motorcycles....open it by turning counterclockwise.....and u can check level.....for draining there is scrulox bolt....which has square type socket for it.....drain it by removing it and clean the bolt as it has magnet.
    Where exactly is this dipstick located?

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    Where exactly is this dipstick located?

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    There is no dip stick on Khyber's Gear box..... Just a fill bolt and drain bolt... The fill bolt can be used to check the level but the position is a bit difficult to reach.

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mirza967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    23
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Suzuki Khyber GearBox Oil Check? -1689266drain gearoil from bottom.........and fill 2.3 litres after removing this speedometer sensor......new khybers dont have fill cap instead they have filling cap like mehran.....i had 1993 khyber which had filling cap.......late models dont had any though.

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirza967 View Post
    Suzuki Khyber GearBox Oil Check? -1689266drain gearoil from bottom.........and fill 2.3 litres after removing this speedometer sensor......new khybers dont have fill cap instead they have filling cap like mehran.....i had 1993 khyber which had filling cap.......late models dont had any though.
    The sensor you just mentioned is reverse gear light sensor.. Speedo meter cable is at the back. While oil filling bolt is at the side of gear box. This is what my 1998 khyber have...

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mirza967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    23
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    The sensor you just mentioned is reverse gear light sensor.. Speedo meter cable is at the back. While oil filling bolt is at the side of gear box. This is what my 1998 khyber have...

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    oops sorry its reverse switch....speedo is at differential.......yup there is oil filling bolt but its very difficult to reach.......it requires pipe and funnel to fill.......khyber gear oil capacity is 2.3 litres so we can stuff it thru this switch hole also......u have a newer model khyber thats why no dip stick otherwise old ones had.....experience of 89 and 93 one.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •