Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 192
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul.

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul.

    Hi Everyone!
    I have Suzuki Khyber 1999 Model. It was running smoothly without any problem for the last 08 years but now for the last 4 or 5 months it was blowing and consuming engine oil. I had to add 0.5 litres of Engine Oil after every week to keep the level. The vibrations in the engine were also increased.

    So I took the car to the mechanic and after opening the engine, he said that complete engine overhauling is required as the gap between pistons and cylinder walls will not be covered just by changing the piston rings. Today was the first day and he has given me three days time and an estimate of about 20-23k Rupees for the complete engine overhaul.

    But he was saying that after the overhaul, the pick of your car will be decreased because before overhaul, it was burning engine oil which increased its pick.

    Guys I am a bit confused about this statement. What do you say about that? I mean what is the purpose of spending 25000 Rupees when the car's pick is going to decrease?

    Second Overhaul (19th-20th Jan 2016)
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/khy...-2#post5004253
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  2. #101
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    I drive about 2500km with SGO premium in 6 months and car gets at operating temp. I believe i can extend time period of changing oil. What do you say?

    I'll be moving on to delo gold ultra on next oil change.

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

    Isn't Delo Gold Ultra API SL?

    Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1669763
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  3. #102
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Ignition System Check

    This weekend its raining continuously in Islamabad, so thought of checking ignition system of my Khyber.

    R-Spec 10mm Sparking Plug wires resistances: (Ohm-meter set to 20K setting)
    Small wire: 0.70K Length: 22 inches
    Medium wire: 0.76K Length: 23 inches
    Large wire: 0.84K Length: 25 inches
    Distributor to Ignition coil: 0.93K Length: 27 inches

    These wires were bought and installed in March 2011. Working perfectly even after 5 years. High quality wires.

    Ignition Coil Resistances:
    Primary resistance (from positive and negative terminals of coil): 1.2 Ohm
    Secondary resistance (from positive and HT terminal): 13.29 K-ohm

    As primary resistance is low, smallest value was selected on ohm meter for accurate results.
    The results verify that ignition coil is working absolutely fine.

    Battery Voltage at Ignition coil: (Voltmeter set to DC Voltage)
    DMM negative to battery negative and DMM positive to ignition coil positive.

    Switch at ON position: Battery = 12.05V Coil = 11.3V
    When engine is running: Battery = 14.38V Coil = 13.47V

    There is a little bit voltage drop at the coil due to resistance of wires and connectors, but its negligible.

    Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1669765
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  4. #103
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,330
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    Isn't Delo Gold Ultra API SL?

    Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1669763

    Yes it is CI-4/SL. Has more zddp then regular SG SJ oil and has better additive pack for old engines. Probably best oil for flat tappet engines.
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

  5. #104
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedraja1996 View Post
    Yes it is CI-4/SL. Has more zddp then regular SG SJ oil and has better additive pack for old engines. Probably best oil for flat tappet engines.
    It would be great if you can mention the source.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  6. #105
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,330
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    It would be great if you can mention the source.
    source for using hdeo in gas engines? tons of conversations on internet, bitog.
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

  7. #106
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedraja1996 View Post
    source for using hdeo in gas engines? tons of conversations on internet, bitog.
    No, source of using API SL grade oil in old engines where API SF, SG is required.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  8. #107
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,330
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    No, source of using API SL grade oil where API SF, SG is required.
    bro i've been running HDEOs specifically Delo 400, Delo rpm, Delo gold in old hondas old suzukis and toyotas and they didn't missed a beat even after 500k kms solid compression and really clean internals. this oil is best for flat tappet application. It has alot of zinc and phosphorus and has good tbn too. and its a mixed fleet oil i even used in honda as gear oil it has excellent anti foaming additives. @Xulfiqar @syncview
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

  9. #108
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,330
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1669810

    Honda 1.6 sohc engine used on delo 15w40 after 250k kms.
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

  10. #109
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedraja1996 View Post
    bro i've been running HDEOs specifically Delo 400, Delo rpm, Delo gold in old hondas old suzukis and toyotas and they didn't missed a beat even after 500k kms solid compression and really clean internals. this oil is best for flat tappet application. It has alot of zinc and phosphorus and has good tbn too. and its a mixed fleet oil i even used in honda as gear oil it has excellent anti foaming additives. @Xulfiqar @syncview
    Delo 400, Delo rpm, Delo Gold, all of them were API SL?
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  11. #110
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,330
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    Delo 400, Delo rpm, Delo Gold, all of them were API SL?
    actually it has more zddp then regualar gas engine oil means you take 15w40 SL gas engine oil and 15w40 CI-4/SL diesel rated oil, the later would have more zddp hence more protection of cams plus much better cleaning because its made for diesel engines which take more abuse then gas engines and have more soot.
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

  12. #111
    PakWheeler Follow
    faheemakbar18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Sadiqabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    703
    Follows
    1
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    ZIC M is 15w-40 api SJ, wont it have better zddp and obsolete engine protection than SL?
    It doesn't matter baby we can take it real slow

  13. #112
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,330
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faheemakbar18 View Post
    ZIC M is 15w-40 api SJ, wont it have better zddp and obsolete engine protection than SL?
    hdeo have more zddp, zic m is pcmo.
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

  14. #113
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedraja1996 View Post
    Yes it is CI-4/SL. Has more zddp then regular SG SJ oil and has better additive pack for old engines. Probably best oil for flat tappet engines.
    Api grading is done according to standard api SL cant have more zddp than api sj/SG if it does csltex won't be allowed to sell it as api SL

  15. #114
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,330
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Api grading is done according to standard api SL cant have more zddp than api sj/SG if it does csltex won't be allowed to sell it as api SL
    i never said api sl would have more zddp. i said delo is ci-4/sl and if compared to a gas engine oil with api sl it has more zddp. HDEO always have more zinc and phosphorus then pcmo. and comparing delo with regular api sg or sj, i would anyday anytime prefer it over pcmo. hdeos have better tbn better protection for flat cams and more zddp compared to pcmo of same api grading.
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

  16. #115
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The above discussion is based on personal experiences.
    No technical information is provided for the comparison like the actual figures and amounts of ZDDP.
    If only API CI-4 was written on Delo Gold Ultra, then one can make speculations about its petrol equivalence but now Caltex itself has mentioned API CI-4/SL , so it means it is API-SL.
    Moreover, I do agree that diesel engine oils can be used in petrol engines but there is a reason petrol engine oils are being manufactured and recommended by automobile manufacturers. Using diesel engine oils in small 1000cc hatchbacks increases start up wear.
    I will stick to SGO Premium SAE-10W40 API SG.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  17. #116
    PakWheeler Follow
    shujaatonline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hello,

    I also have a khyber with same issue.. I gave it for overhaul... same pick issue with. can u give me ur no to talk? thnks

  18. #117
    PakWheeler Follow
    faheemakbar18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Sadiqabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    703
    Follows
    1
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    The above discussion is based on personal experiences.
    No technical information is provided for the comparison like the actual figures and amounts of ZDDP.
    If only API CI-4 was written on Delo Gold Ultra, then one can make speculations about its petrol equivalence but now Caltex itself has mentioned API CI-4/SL , so it means it is API-SL.
    Moreover, I do agree that diesel engine oils can be used in petrol engines but there is a reason petrol engine oils are being manufactured and recommended by automobile manufacturers. Using diesel engine oils in small 1000cc hatchbacks increases start up wear.
    I will stick to SGO Premium SAE-10W40 API SG.
    exactly
    run it on this SGO if its not giving any problem. its OEM is total which is not that bad either
    It doesn't matter baby we can take it real slow

  19. #118
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,330
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    The above discussion is based on personal experiences.
    No technical information is provided for the comparison like the actual figures and amounts of ZDDP.
    If only API CI-4 was written on Delo Gold Ultra, then one can make speculations about its petrol equivalence but now Caltex itself has mentioned API CI-4/SL , so it means it is API-SL.
    Moreover, I do agree that diesel engine oils can be used in petrol engines but there is a reason petrol engine oils are being manufactured and recommended by automobile manufacturers. Using diesel engine oils in small 1000cc hatchbacks increases start up wear.
    I will stick to SGO Premium SAE-10W40 API SG.
    startup wear because its 15W? what about people using 20W50?
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

  20. #119
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DUDE007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,033
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedraja1996 View Post
    i never said api sl would have more zddp. i said delo is ci-4/sl and if compared to a gas engine oil with api sl it has more zddp. HDEO always have more zinc and phosphorus then pcmo. and comparing delo with regular api sg or sj, i would anyday anytime prefer it over pcmo. hdeos have better tbn better protection for flat cams and more zddp compared to pcmo of same api grading.
    I just need to get this clear once and for all...... how would you compare API SG suzuki oil with delo API SL in terms of amount of zddp etc. I'm asking because you are comparing same API grades in your post.

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

  21. #120
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,330
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    I just need to get this clear once and for all...... how would you compare API SG suzuki oil with delo API SL in terms of amount of zddp etc. I'm asking because you are comparing same API grades in your post.

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    Delo has more zddp. because its a diesel oil and has more anti wear additives. delo can take more beating.
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •