Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul.

Hi Everyone!
    I have Suzuki Khyber 1999 Model. It was running smoothly without any problem for the last 08 years but now for the last 4 or 5 months it was blowing and consuming engine oil. I had to add 0.5 litres of Engine Oil after every week to keep the level. The vibrations in the engine were also increased.

So I took the car to the mechanic and after opening the engine, he said that complete engine overhauling is required as the gap between pistons and cylinder walls will not be covered just by changing the piston rings. Today was the first day and he has given me three days time and an estimate of about 20-23k Rupees for the complete engine overhaul.

But he was saying that after the overhaul, the pick of your car will be decreased because before overhaul, it was burning engine oil which increased its pick.

Guys I am a bit confused about this statement. What do you say about that? I mean what is the purpose of spending 25000 Rupees when the car's pick is going to decrease?

Second Overhaul (19th-20th Jan 2016)
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/khy...-2#post5004253
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Brake Fluid Flush.

Yesterday I changed the brake fluid of my Khyber and while I was at it, I thought to change the rubber pipes attached to front brakes because the car is 16 year old now and it was running with original pipes.

I surveyed the market and came to know that original SGP brake pipes are not available anywhere. The prices of new pipes of different brands start from Rs. 100/- I bought the ones with a name "SB" from Waseem autos for Rs. 390/- (Rs. 780/- a pair). These pipes are made in Pakistan and the quality seems okay. The metal part is also well connected with the pipes with double embossed grips.
    Bought two bottles of Seiken DOT 3 brake fluid as well. Flushed the whole system by pedal pump and bleed method.

Update: Discarded these pipes on 14 July 2016. The brakes were spongy and the pedal used to go till floor.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Harro River (Jabri)

On third day of eid I visited Jabri from Islamabad via Pir Sohawa on my Khyber. Converted it from CNG to petrol after crossing Murghzar zoo. A/C was ON till Damn e Koh. Masha Allah the car performed very well. The engine has good pick and there was absolutely no heat up issues as well. Its almost 7500 Kms driven after the overhaul. Now it does not consume engine oil at all, no oil in air filter housing and the exhaust is sparkling clean. The new Japanese aluminium radiator I bought along with Denso 7 blade fan performs very well.

However on downhill the brakes got hot although I tried to apply them as less as possible.
    I am using MK pads and I am sure they are local (Parts dealers claim them to be Japanese). They work good in plain areas but not good for hills.
    I tried to get original SGP pads for Khyber but they are no where available.
    What brake pads you guys are using?

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1696959

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    On third day of eid I visited Jabri from Islamabad via Pir Sohawa on my Khyber. Converted it from CNG to petrol after crossing Murghzar zoo. A/C was ON till Damn e Koh. Masha Allah the car performed very well. The engine has good pick and there was absolutely no heat up issues as well. Its almost 7500 Kms driven after the overhaul. Now it does not consume engine oil at all, no oil in air filter housing and the exhaust is sparkling clean. The new Japanese aluminium radiator I bought along with Denso 7 blade fan performs very well.

However on downhill the brakes got hot although I tried to apply them as less as possible.
    I am using MK pads and I am sure they are local (Parts dealers claim them to be Japanese). They work good in plain areas but not good for hills.
    I tried to get original SGP pads for Khyber but they are no where available.
    What brake pads you guys are using?

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1696959
    The MK pads in my khyber are even heating up in plain area's when hard brakes are applied on speeds above 100km/h or near to 100km/h. The brake stops working for few seconds afterwards.
    Each and every thing is completely fine braking system is having all the factory components nothing changed till date just timely brake oil change and brake pad change. The mechanic is suggesting me to change all four rubber brake pipes. And the front brake pads with some good quality one's as rotors are totally fine.
    I also need suggestions about this issue it's very scary to stop the car in such condition on Highway.

Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    The MK pads in my khyber are even heating up in plain area's when hard brakes are applied on speeds above 100km/h or near to 100km/h. The brake stops working for few seconds afterwards.
    Each and every thing is completely fine braking system is having all the factory components nothing changed till date just timely brake oil change and brake pad change. The mechanic is suggesting me to change all four rubber brake pipes. And the front brake pads with some good quality one's as rotors are totally fine.
    I also need suggestions about this issue it's very scary to stop the car in such condition on Highway.

I have changed the rubber pipes as mentioned in post 121 of this thread.
    That procedure didn't resolve the heat-up issue so I guess its only the brake pads which are culprit.
    My rotors are also genuine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have changed the rubber pipes as mentioned in post 121 of this thread.
    That procedure didn't resolve the heat-up issue so I guess its only the brake pads which are culprit.
    My rotors are also genuine.
    Mechanic also suggested me to use SGP brake pads but they are not available at any shop all are having those MK Kashiyama yellow box brake pads and Asuki red box brake pads but they are saying that MK ones are better tha Asuki... Don't know what to do..!

Two wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mechanic also suggested me to use SGP brake pads but they are not available at any shop all are having those MK Kashiyama yellow box brake pads and Asuki red box brake pads but they are saying that MK ones are better tha Asuki... Don't know what to do..!

Yes, all the mechanics and spare part dealers are too fond of MK pads.
    I think its because these pads are soft, don't produce sound and don't damage the discs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, all the mechanics and spare part dealers are too fond of MK pads.
    I think its because these pads are soft, don't produce sound and don't damage the discs.
    Well I hope that we will get some solution here on PW because all my problems posted on PW till date are solved.

Two wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For Khyber brake pads, yesterday I called three main spare part dealers for Suzuki in twin cities. Kiyani autos, Kohinoor traders and Waseem autos.

1) Kiyani Autos: Only MK pads available. Price Rs. 800/-

2) Kohinoor Traders: TRW pads. Made in Germany (as claimed by him) Price Rs. 750/-

3) Waseen Autos: SGP pads. Price Rs. 3,000/-

The SGP brake pads for Cultus cost more than Rs.5000/- So I am a bit skeptical if the ones he is selling for Rs.3000/- are original.
    Also, last year I purchased a brand new Mehran and its original brake pads produce noise. In fact many people change them straight away. Is Mehran equipped with SGP pads when it rolls out of factory?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I can't help you. Will share my experience though. I face massive heating issue, because the car is swapped with G15A. But recently I changed the brake servo and using these local brake pads and the car worked great without any heating issues. However, after two weeks of drive the heating issue was back again. The mechanic says my car needs new rotors. So will be getting those soon.

The reason for the story is that if this issue is not resolved, you can maybe try a new servo. It's not very costly, will cost about 3k, try that as a last resort might work for you guys.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_Flame View Post
    Well I can't help you. Will share my experience though. I face massive heating issue, because the car is swapped with G15A. But recently I changed the brake servo and using these local brake pads and the car worked great without any heating issues. However, after two weeks of drive the heating issue was back again. The mechanic says my car needs new rotors. So will be getting those soon.

The reason for the story is that if this issue is not resolved, you can maybe try a new servo. It's not very costly, will cost about 3k, try that as a last resort might work for you guys.
    this is price of kabli servo(brake booster)of khyber?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, talking about kabli servo. Don't think we can find new ones for khyber. Will a cultus servo fit khyber? That can be tested too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, talking about kabli servo. Don't think we can find new ones for khyber. Will a cultus servo fit khyber? That can be tested too.
    New one genuine is available at Mumtaz auto lahore. They usually have the rare items but the price is high. If a different booster is fitted, will the master cylinder also have to be changed?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well when buying a kabli servo the master cylinder is given along with it, so its cost is included.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For Khyber brake pads, yesterday I called three main spare part dealers for Suzuki in twin cities. Kiyani autos, Kohinoor traders and Waseem autos.

1) Kiyani Autos: Only MK pads available. Price Rs. 800/-

2) Kohinoor Traders: TRW pads. Made in Germany (as claimed by him) Price Rs. 750/-

3) Waseen Autos: SGP pads. Price Rs. 3,000/-

The SGP brake pads for Cultus cost more than Rs.5000/- So I am a bit skeptical if the ones he is selling for Rs.3000/- are original.
    Also, last year I purchased a brand new Mehran and its original brake pads produce noise. In fact many people change them straight away. Is Mehran equipped with SGP pads when it rolls out of factory?
    My Cultus is having TRW Brake pads for cultus their price was 1000-/RS and MK were available for 850-/RS for cultus. My experience with TRW brake pads is good in cultus. Cultus is daily driven on Highway almost 80km and rough patch of road's some 30km. The brakes doesn't heat up on hard braking even at 120km/h.

But for Khyber here in my city only MK and Asuki brake pads are available.

Mehroz khan niazi when he swapped in the G15 in his khyber he was having stock brakes with some improvements in them i remember he shared in some of his thread's now he has swapped a 4efte engine i guess he would definitely know something special about brakes. He could help it out here.!?
    Two wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Cultus is having TRW Brake pads for cultus their price was 1000-/RS and MK were available for 850-/RS for cultus. My experience with TRW brake pads is good in cultus. Cultus is daily driven on Highway almost 80km and rough patch of road's some 30km. The brakes doesn't heat up on hard braking even at 120km/h.

But for Khyber here in my city only MK and Asuki brake pads are available.

Mehroz khan niazi when he swapped in the G15 in his khyber he was having stock brakes with some improvements in them i remember he shared in some of his thread's now he has swapped a 4efte engine i guess he would definitely know something special about brakes. He could help it out here.!?
    A member @onlyfaith has used TRW brake pads in his Baleno. Although he claimed that the built quality of TRW seems very good but they produce noise. Do you experience such noise with TRW pads in your Cultus.
    Following are the links of his experience with these pads

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bal...18#post3393045

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bal...06#post3285617

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A member @onlyfaith has used TRW brake pads in his Baleno. Although he claimed that the built quality of TRW seems very good but they produce noise. Do you experience such noise with TRW pads in your Cultus.
    Following are the links of his experience with these pads

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bal...18#post3393045

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bal...06#post3285617
    No i haven't heard any noises till now the pads are almost 30k kms old now. But I used proper silicone grease on slider pins and brake anti-squeal paste by liqui moly on the brake pads.

Two wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Khyber's brake pedal feels spongy and sometimes it touches the floor on hard braking. This problem emerged after I changed the brakes hoses and brake fluid. As per my info, there can be two reasons. Either there is air in brake lines or the mechanic has messed the washers by pressing the brake pedal too low during bleeding. Will get it checked.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No i haven't heard any noises till now the pads are almost 30k kms old now. But I used proper silicone grease on slider pins and brake anti-squeal paste by liqui moly on the brake pads.

These things are alien to my mechanic.
    What is the cost of Liqui Moli anti squeal paste?
    This means I can try TRW this time.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

These things are alien to my mechanic.
    What is the cost of Liqui Moli anti squeal paste?
    This means I can try TRW this time.
    I bought 2 10g sachet of that paste cost was near 400 i guess for 2. Liquimoly cost varies from place to place. Maybe you can get them cheap. Be careful in applying that paste. You can check the videos on YouTube about it.
    I also used brake and parts cleaner spray and cleaned each and every thing well before.

Two wheels move the soul

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Khyber's brake pedal feels spongy and sometimes it touches the floor on hard braking. This problem emerged after I changed the brakes hoses and brake fluid. As per my info, there can be two reasons. Either there is air in brake lines or the mechanic has messed the washers by pressing the brake pedal too low during bleeding. Will get it checked.
    Did the mechanic used transparent bleeder hose during bleeding if not then he might have left some air in the line's.

Two wheels move the soul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

User Tag List