Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul.

Hi Everyone!
    I have Suzuki Khyber 1999 Model. It was running smoothly without any problem for the last 08 years but now for the last 4 or 5 months it was blowing and consuming engine oil. I had to add 0.5 litres of Engine Oil after every week to keep the level. The vibrations in the engine were also increased.

So I took the car to the mechanic and after opening the engine, he said that complete engine overhauling is required as the gap between pistons and cylinder walls will not be covered just by changing the piston rings. Today was the first day and he has given me three days time and an estimate of about 20-23k Rupees for the complete engine overhaul.

But he was saying that after the overhaul, the pick of your car will be decreased because before overhaul, it was burning engine oil which increased its pick.

Guys I am a bit confused about this statement. What do you say about that? I mean what is the purpose of spending 25000 Rupees when the car's pick is going to decrease?

Second Overhaul (19th-20th Jan 2016)
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/khy...-2#post5004253
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    Did the mechanic used transparent bleeder hose during bleeding if not then he might have left some air in the line's.

Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    He connected a transparent rubber pipe and put its other end to the drain bottle.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    He connected a transparent rubber pipe and put its other end to the drain bottle.
    Then if there were no air bubbles seen in the pipe then maybe he ripped off the seals of master cylinder.

Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I bought 2 10g sachet of that paste cost was near 400 i guess for 2. Liquimoly cost varies from place to place. Maybe you can get them cheap. Be careful in applying that paste. You can check the videos on YouTube about it.
    I also used brake and parts cleaner spray and cleaned each and every thing well before.

Autohub is selling that 10g sachet for Rs. 250/-
    I have watched a video on youtube, this anti squeal paste is applied on the outer side/metal side of pads where it is fitted into the caliper, whereas in most of the cases the noise comes when the brakepad leather touch the rotor disc. I have seen mechanics sanding the pads to remove that sound.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Autohub is selling that 10g sachet for Rs. 250/-
    I have watched a video on youtube, this anti squeal paste is applied on the outer side/metal side of pads where it is fitted into the caliper, whereas in most of the cases the noise comes when the brakepad leather touch the rotor disc. I have seen mechanics sanding the pads to remove that sound.
    The price on liquimoly rate list as of November, 2015 was 120-/RS per sachet.(For ISB)

Mechanics usually have some oily/dirty hand's during installation and according to my guess that squeal comes from disc due to oil.

Once accidentally my cousin used WD40 on front disc brake of YBR his brake is squealing till now after that almost 2000km he have driven that.

In my case the squealing noises were sorted out by using LM anti-squeal paste, LM Brake and part cleaner and high heat silicone grease(forgot the brand). Previously the brakes used to squeal a lot but now from last 30k km the brakes are noiseless on cultus.

According to me it all depends on mechanic installing the pads... Maybe i am wrong!

Two wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The price on liquimoly rate list as of November, 2015 was 120-/RS per sachet.(For ISB)

Mechanics usually have some oily/dirty hand's during installation and according to my guess that squeal comes from disc due to oil.

Once accidentally my cousin used WD40 on front disc brake of YBR his brake is squealing till now after that almost 2000km he have driven that.

In my case the squealing noises were sorted out by using LM anti-squeal paste, LM Brake and part cleaner and high heat silicone grease(forgot the brand). Previously the brakes used to squeal a lot but now from last 30k km the brakes are noiseless on cultus.

According to me it all depends on mechanic installing the pads... Maybe i am wrong!

I will try visiting the authorized Liqui Moly shop to inquire the price.
    Yes I agree, the hands of mechanics are always full of grease. I try to restrict them to the area being worked but they touch the fenders and doors and I have to wash the car afterwards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@speedster_101
    I was unable to source any other brake pads for my car so after almost searching the market for 1 hour i gave up and bought the Asuki brake pads for a change some shop keeper's said that these are better than MK and some said MK are better i though to give Asuki one's a try atleast to conclude which ones are better.
    Rest i went to Liquimoly authorized dealer in my city and asked him about brake and part cleaner spray and anti-squeal paste he said stock had finished come after 10-12 day's 😞. And even i wasn't able to find silicone grease today.
    Also bough the front engine mount that is broken. I was feeling from some days that engine is vibrating more than before i inspected it and that came out to be a broken front engine mount the shop keeper said that it's the best mount you can source now.
    Rest i am uploading the pictures....
    Will get the work done when i will get all the required things.
    Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul. - 211c314f23cfc0f36db57b7ac528dcbaPerformance after Complete Engine Overhaul. - d1dc2cb73fad34792ac29113a1f3c56ePerformance after Complete Engine Overhaul. - 9da0fef44aca286cdbf5df9eae91c10aPerformance after Complete Engine Overhaul. - 9a553330555f9fa4f3dd2eeb73c332bc
    The Brake pads are local they are made in karachi.
    Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul. - a46993b555c9d34bfaa6f0db36711bb6Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul. - 774d24c1f3ec35dff9581ad320d2a46e
    I guess the rubber is from Bridgestone.

Two wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^
    Two of my engine mounts are also from the same company Sikka. I installed them a year ago.
    The original ones used to damp vibrations better.
    My mechanic has suggested me to remove them and install original ones.
    He said you can get a good kabli mount which will reduce vibration but it would be expensive. 02 engine mounts for around Rs. 2200 to 2500.
    For how much have you purchased it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^
    Two of my engine mounts are also from the same company Sikka. I installed them a year ago.
    The original ones used to damp vibrations better.
    My mechanic has suggested me to remove them and install original ones.
    He said you can get a good kabli mount which will reduce vibration but it would be expensive. 02 engine mounts for around Rs. 2200 to 2500.
    For how much have you purchased it?
    I purchased it for 300-/RS. Its rubber was not too soft not too hard.
    Another one was available by the name mount fuji that mount rubber was extremely soft that was available for 280-/RS.
    The third one was local. Rubber of that mount was rock hard that was for 200-/RS.

Rest kabli mounts i guess they could have completed their life they could break soon.😕

Two wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I purchased it for 300-/RS. Its rubber was not too soft not too hard.
    Another one was available by the name mount fuji that mount rubber was extremely soft that was available for 280-/RS.
    The third one was local. Rubber of that mount was rock hard that was for 200-/RS.

Rest kabli mounts i guess they could have completed their life they could break soon.

Sometimes kabli part becomes necessity when the original ones are not available and local ones are not upto the mark.
    I think visual inspection will tell you the condition of kabli engine mount.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sometimes kabli part becomes necessity when the original ones are not available and local ones are not upto the mark.
    I think visual inspection will tell you the condition of kabli engine mount.
    Will try searching one.
    For time being i will use this one.

Two wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Frixa brake pads

In other threads I have seen many senior members suggesting Frixa brake pads which are made in Korea and distributed by Hankook.
    I checked many shops but was unable to find them for Khyber.
    Yesterday I called my other mechanic and he suggested me the same Korean pads. I told them that they are not available for Khyber. He said let me search. After around half an hour he told me that he has found Frixa brake pads for Khyber from his trusted shop.
    Paid him a visit and he opened all four wheels. The rear shoes were also about to finish. For rear he said MK is just fine.
    I told him about the spongy brakes and he said that it is due to local brake hoses which I installed a while ago (described in post 121).
    He installed good condition kabli brake hoses and now the brake is as good as new. It acts quite above the floor now with no spongy feel. The quality of Frixa pads seems nice and the braking is very good now. As for the heat up issue, I can only confirm it after visiting a hilly area. He also adjusted the hand brake as it was a bit loose.

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1697810

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1697811

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1697812

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1697813

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1697814

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ that's good that you are satisfied by these brake pads. Quality looks good in pictures.
    I once installed these in cultus they were good but after that even they are not available for cultus.
    Actually in our markets the shops prefer the cheap stuff which would wear out early and give some healthy amount of profit to them.

What's the cost for these Frixa brake pads?

Two wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ that's good that you are satisfied by these brake pads. Quality looks good in pictures.
    What's the cost for these Frixa brake pads?

Rs. 1000/-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rs. 1000/-
    Not expensive if they give some satisfactory performance.!

Two wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On third day of eid I visited Jabri from Islamabad via Pir Sohawa on my Khyber. Converted it from CNG to petrol after crossing Murghzar zoo. A/C was ON till Damn e Koh. Masha Allah the car performed very well. The engine has good pick and there was absolutely no heat up issues as well. Its almost 7500 Kms driven after the overhaul. Now it does not consume engine oil at all, no oil in air filter housing and the exhaust is sparkling clean. The new Japanese aluminium radiator I bought along with Denso 7 blade fan performs very well.

However on downhill the brakes got hot although I tried to apply them as less as possible.
    I am using MK pads and I am sure they are local (Parts dealers claim them to be Japanese). They work good in plain areas but not good for hills.
    I tried to get original SGP pads for Khyber but they are no where available.
    What brake pads you guys are using?

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1696959
    When I was using Asuki, MK, V+E, all of them would heat up if I drove like crazy on the steep slopes of Pir Sohawa, it would take only 5 minutes, until I would feel that the brakes have lost their bite, but I got lucky as I bought lots of stuff of a nose cut of a JDM Swift and it also had its OEM brake pads still in the brake calipers, I examined them, replaced them, for the first 100km or so I felt no difference but after that I definitely felt the difference.
    They don't heat up much, the wear of brake pads has decreased a lot, (its been two years now and they're still having the same thickness) and they never make any squeaks or squeals unlike the MK ones, and the bite in the brakes has improved a lot.
    Try searching for brake calipers, if you're lucky to get a good set, then they might still be having the original brake pads in it.

BTW The car looks lovely, do share some more pictures of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_Flame View Post
    Well I can't help you. Will share my experience though. I face massive heating issue, because the car is swapped with G15A. But recently I changed the brake servo and using these local brake pads and the car worked great without any heating issues. However, after two weeks of drive the heating issue was back again. The mechanic says my car needs new rotors. So will be getting those soon.

The reason for the story is that if this issue is not resolved, you can maybe try a new servo. It's not very costly, will cost about 3k, try that as a last resort might work for you guys.
    How's your swapped Khyber doing?
    I think I've seen it a few times around Ayub Park and DHA.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Has anyone tried

jkgcarparts.com

They have FBK and MK carbon(blue box) front brake pads available for Khyber. @speedster_101

Two wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Has anyone tried

jkgcarparts.com

They have FBK and MK carbon(blue box) front brake pads available for Khyber. @speedster_101

Yes, I had a long conversation with them over email a few months back.
    At that time they claimed that they have original SGP brake pads for Khyber.
    I asked them about their originality and they replied that they are original but the country of manufacture can be Pakistan.
    They were selling them for Rs. 2450/-
    I was about to place order but then I told them that I will review those brake pads on pakwheels.
    So they backed off. Said the item is not available anymore.
    However they offered me free shipping for any other product if I wish to buy from them in future.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    When I was using Asuki, MK, V+E, all of them would heat up if I drove like crazy on the steep slopes of Pir Sohawa, it would take only 5 minutes, until I would feel that the brakes have lost their bite, but I got lucky as I bought lots of stuff of a nose cut of a JDM Swift and it also had its OEM brake pads still in the brake calipers, I examined them, replaced them, for the first 100km or so I felt no difference but after that I definitely felt the difference.
    They don't heat up much, the wear of brake pads has decreased a lot, (its been two years now and they're still having the same thickness) and they never make any squeaks or squeals unlike the MK ones, and the bite in the brakes has improved a lot.
    Try searching for brake calipers, if you're lucky to get a good set, then they might still be having the original brake pads in it.

BTW The car looks lovely, do share some more pictures of her.
    Its been a while I have seen you on Pakwheels specially on Khyber forums.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I have installed new brake pads, will take the car to Pir Sohawa once the pads break-in properly and will see if there is improvement.
    Here are some random clicks of my Khyber.

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1698051

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1698052

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1698053

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1698054

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1698055

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its been a while I have seen you on Pakwheels specially on Khyber forums.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I have installed new brake pads, will take the car to Pir Sohawa once the pads break-in properly and will see if there is improvement.
    Here are some random clicks of my Khyber.

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1698051

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1698052

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1698053

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1698054

Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1698055
    M.A.
    The car is looking nice stunning just the rear emblems are ruining the look. Do get the orignal one's these chromed ones look cheap on Khyber.
    BTW is the car still in its original paint?

I also have it in orignal paint but that doesn't look this much shiny the paint has gone a bit dull. Unfortunately i had get its right fender and bonet painted a big branch of tree fell on it during the last year's monsoon.

And yes daniyal ahmed is back almost after an year i used to read his all post's about khyber...

Two wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, are there any rubber gaskets available to reduce noise caused by vibrations in the bonnet?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

User Tag List