Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 192
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul.

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul.

    Hi Everyone!
    I have Suzuki Khyber 1999 Model. It was running smoothly without any problem for the last 08 years but now for the last 4 or 5 months it was blowing and consuming engine oil. I had to add 0.5 litres of Engine Oil after every week to keep the level. The vibrations in the engine were also increased.

    So I took the car to the mechanic and after opening the engine, he said that complete engine overhauling is required as the gap between pistons and cylinder walls will not be covered just by changing the piston rings. Today was the first day and he has given me three days time and an estimate of about 20-23k Rupees for the complete engine overhaul.

    But he was saying that after the overhaul, the pick of your car will be decreased because before overhaul, it was burning engine oil which increased its pick.

    Guys I am a bit confused about this statement. What do you say about that? I mean what is the purpose of spending 25000 Rupees when the car's pick is going to decrease?

    Second Overhaul (19th-20th Jan 2016)
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/khy...-2#post5004253
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  2. #161
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    Guys, are there any rubber gaskets available to reduce noise caused by vibrations in the bonnet?

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    You have to check scrap yards or local rubber houses for that...

    I once found a D shape rubber which also had the 3m tape at the back for sticking. But that was pretty much expensive. The person at rubber house told me it's imported and bla,bla,bla.....
    He was asking 500-/RS Per foot for that rubber 😛 but the quality of that rubber was amazing.

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  3. #162
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    M.A.
    The car is looking nice stunning just the rear emblems are ruining the look. Do get the orignal one's these chromed ones look cheap on Khyber.
    BTW is the car still in its original paint?

    I also have it in orignal paint but that doesn't look this much shiny the paint has gone a bit dull. Unfortunately i had get its right fender and bonet painted a big branch of tree fell on it during the last year's monsoon.

    And yes daniyal ahmed is back almost after an year i used to read his all post's about khyber...

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    The car is in its original paint except the diggy. I was standing at a red signal and an Alto VXR hit the stationary car.
    Thankfully the back glass didn't brake. Got the trunk repainted hence those silver emblems. I tried but couldn't find the original ones.
    As for the shine and gloss in paint, my car's paint was also going dull so I purchased detailing products of Meguiar's and Nanoskin from @ahmad_yar bhai and the results are awesome, though it requires a lot of elbow grease
    The first time I took almost a week in polishing the car by hands. Almost one panel a day.
    Nanoskin Pakistan also shared the pics of my Khyber on their official facebook page.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  4. #163
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    Guys, are there any rubber gaskets available to reduce noise caused by vibrations in the bonnet?

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    I have observed that the bonnet and doors become loose if you install unnecessary rubbers from pathans.
    When at workshop for any other issue, they will come to your car and suggest 100 places where rubbers should have been installed by the factory.
    I once installed rubber studs in the bonnet and it became loose. Got it aligned from the denter afterwards.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  5. #164
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    The car is in its original paint except the diggy. I was standing at a red signal and an Alto VXR hit the stationary car.
    Thankfully the back glass didn't brake. Got the trunk repainted hence those silver emblems. I tried but couldn't find the original ones.
    As for the shine and gloss in paint, my car's paint was also going dull so I purchased detailing products of Meguiar's and Nanoskin from @ahmad_yar bhai and the results are awesome, though it requires a lot of elbow grease
    The first time I took almost a week in polishing the car by hands. Almost one panel a day.
    Nanoskin Pakistan also shared the pics of my Khyber on their official facebook page.
    This thing usually happens if you are standing at signal or stuck in traffic then some stupid biker's not all biker's are stupid😁 they usually bump into the bumper or scratch the door's and then say sorry!!!!!! But in your case that was a car...

    Well i didn't care much about the paint.. Even I use chepo products on it.☺
    Formula car shampoo and turtle hard shell wax. And it requires a lot of elbow grease in that even..
    Sometimes i think about getting a rotary polisher but good one's are expensive.
    Now i am thinking to buy some good products.😊

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  6. #165
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DUDE007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,033
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    I have observed that the bonnet and doors become loose if you install unnecessary rubbers from pathans.
    When at workshop for any other issue, they will come to your car and suggest 100 places where rubbers should have been installed by the factory.
    I once installed rubber studs in the bonnet and it became loose. Got it aligned from the denter afterwards.
    I dont want to install rubber on the place where the bonnet sits/contacts metal. I only want to do it on these areas:

    Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul. - b37b9dfa3ce586590eb0cee690781a12

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

  7. #166
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    daniyalahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,435
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    Its been a while I have seen you on Pakwheels specially on Khyber forums.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I have installed new brake pads, will take the car to Pir Sohawa once the pads break-in properly and will see if there is improvement.
    Here are some random clicks of my Khyber.

    Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1698051

    Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1698052

    Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1698053

    Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1698054

    Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul -1698055
    Masha-Allah! looking splendid!
    Looks like Meguirs did the job? Loving the shine. Do get wheel covers, or at-least hub caps and if you're able to find the original emblems, then do replace these chromed ones with them.
    Yeah I've been away from Pakwheels for quite some time now, busy with some other stuff.

    BTW If free, then do join us today for the Islamabad chapter get-together?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/get...lpindi-chapter
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

  8. #167
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    daniyalahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,435
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    M.A.
    The car is looking nice stunning just the rear emblems are ruining the look. Do get the orignal one's these chromed ones look cheap on Khyber.
    Agreed!


    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    And yes daniyal ahmed is back almost after an year i used to read his all post's about khyber...
    Yes buddy, busy with life. Many other headaches these days. Insha-Allah will be back soon.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

  9. #168
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    daniyalahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,435
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    I dont want to install rubber on the place where the bonnet sits/contacts metal. I only want to do it on these areas:

    Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul. - b37b9dfa3ce586590eb0cee690781a12

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    IMHO RTV Silicone will do the job over here, apply it in these broken spots, remove the bonnet, put it over a tyre or some soft place where it doesn't gets damaged, apply the silicone on the spots and let it dry under some sort of weight on it to ensure that the spots are sealed properly.
    However RTV wouldn't be my first choice as it releases acetic acid during curing which may cause corrosion, but currently I can't think of any other remedy for this.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

  10. #169
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    I dont want to install rubber on the place where the bonnet sits/contacts metal. I only want to do it on these areas:

    Performance after Complete Engine Overhaul. - b37b9dfa3ce586590eb0cee690781a12

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    I would say do get it checked by some good denter and get his opinion...!
    As applying silicone could damage the paint finish as Daniyal said and in some other thread sir xulfiqar also said the same.

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  11. #170
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DUDE007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,033
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    I would say do get it checked by some good denter and get his opinion...!
    As applying silicone could damage the paint finish as Daniyal said and in some other thread sir xulfiqar also said the same.

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app

    Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    IMHO RTV Silicone will do the job over here, apply it in these broken spots, remove the bonnet, put it over a tyre or some soft place where it doesn't gets damaged, apply the silicone on the spots and let it dry under some sort of weight on it to ensure that the spots are sealed properly.
    However RTV wouldn't be my first choice as it releases acetic acid during curing which may cause corrosion, but currently I can't think of any other remedy for this.
    RTV is a possible solution but not the best one. my friend's daihatsu mira has rubber installed from factory to prevent this noise.

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

  12. #171
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    Masha-Allah! looking splendid!
    Looks like Meguirs did the job? Loving the shine. Do get wheel covers, or at-least hub caps and if you're able to find the original emblems, then do replace these chromed ones with them.
    Yeah I've been away from Pakwheels for quite some time now, busy with some other stuff.

    BTW If free, then do join us today for the Islamabad chapter get-together?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/get...lpindi-chapter
    Thank you for the kind words.
    I have bought PS hub caps from a Mehran which was going for alloys.
    Will try to search again for emblems next time I visit Bao Muhalla Saddar Rwp.
    Thank you for get-together invitation but I am sorry, some guests are coming over to my place and then later at night I have to attend a walima ceremony.
    See you next time insha Allah.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  13. #172
    PakWheeler Follow
    Deadly_Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    600
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    How's your swapped Khyber doing?
    I think I've seen it a few times around Ayub Park and DHA.
    Alhamdulillah, it's going good. Ayub Park! I don't usually travel there, maybe you saw it in Ramzan. I live in DHA so yeah you'd have probably seen it
    Back after a long time on Pakwheels!



    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    Got the trunk repainted hence those silver emblems. I tried but couldn't find the original ones.
    There is a small emblem shop in the street right next to waseem autos. You'll find good (the same shape as the original khyber) emblems.

  14. #173
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_Flame View Post
    There is a small emblem shop in the street right next to waseem autos. You'll find good (the same shape as the original khyber) emblems.
    I once bought that black silver emblem from the same street and it faded very quickly, the silver colour vanished and it became all back. But I will try to visit those shops again, may be they have some good quality now.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  15. #174
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    I once bought that black silver emblem from the same street and it faded very quickly, the silver colour vanished and it became all back. But I will try to visit those shops again, may be they have some good quality now.
    I got a aftermarket emblem at the front grill previous one was stolen. New was of low quality definitely but i sprayed 3 coats of transparent laecure on it it's still in good condition till now. It was changed almost 4 years ago.

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  16. #175
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    I got a aftermarket emblem at the front grill previous one was stolen. New was of low quality definitely but i sprayed 3 coats of transparent laecure on it it's still in good condition till now. It was changed almost 4 years ago.

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    That's good. From where can I buy this lacquer?
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  17. #176
    PakWheeler Follow
    Deadly_Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    600
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    I once bought that black silver emblem from the same street and it faded very quickly, the silver colour vanished and it became all back. But I will try to visit those shops again, may be they have some good quality now.
    Happens to me as well, easy solution get a permanent silver marker. You can have new silver emblems for 2-3 months

  18. #177
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    That's good. From where can I buy this lacquer?
    Any good hardware store or paint store it costs 120-150-/RS for a spray can.

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  19. #178
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DUDE007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,033
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    Yes, I had a long conversation with them over email a few months back.
    At that time they claimed that they have original SGP brake pads for Khyber.
    I asked them about their originality and they replied that they are original but the country of manufacture can be Pakistan.
    They were selling them for Rs. 2450/-
    I was about to place order but then I told them that I will review those brake pads on pakwheels.
    So they backed off. Said the item is not available anymore.
    However they offered me free shipping for any other product if I wish to buy from them in future.
    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    Has anyone tried

    jkgcarparts.com

    They have FBK and MK carbon(blue box) front brake pads available for Khyber. @speedster_101

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Do you think it would be a good idea to order MK blue box or should I search for Frixa front pads?

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

  20. #179
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassantahir2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    813
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    Do you think it would be a good idea to order MK blue box or should I search for Frixa front pads?

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    @speedster_101
    Having Frixa brake pads in his car so he can tell you better about them..

    About MK blue box brake pads i don't have any personal experience with them but i once drove my friend's car (almost 600km during a road trip) that was having those brake pads and the brake bite was good than other brake pads (almost equal to OEM brake pads) and he is more than satisfied with the braking of the car.

    Personally i have changed brake pads to Asuki (Made in Karachi) the brake feel is a better than MK yellow box one's. But no way near to OEM one's...

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

  21. #180
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DUDE007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,033
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassantahir2 View Post
    @speedster_101
    Having Frixa brake pads in his car so he can tell you better about them..

    About MK blue box brake pads i don't have any personal experience with them but i once drove my friend's car (almost 600km during a road trip) that was having those brake pads and the brake bite was good than other brake pads (almost equal to OEM brake pads) and he is more than satisfied with the braking of the car.

    Personally i have changed brake pads to Asuki (Made in Karachi) the brake feel is a better than MK yellow box one's. But no way near to OEM one's...

    Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Thanks. I will call the guy tomorrow and ask him about MK blue box.

    Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •