0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Getting Horrible Mileage in Liana 2007

Guys, I have a 2007 Liana - 1.6 Eminent (Automatic). This car was not sold with factory fitted CNG. However, the person who used this car before me installed after-market CNG in it, and I think it's kind of killed the engine.

I'm getting a mileage of 7km/litre in this car. After filling up 30litres of petrol, I travel 170km before the petrol light turns on. I do however end up driving it till it reaches ~210km, so that's barely 7km/litre.

I must have driven around 500km on CNG in the past 2 years, and 0km over the last 12 months. Can someone help me out as to what the problem could be? I don't think a 1.6liter car should give me such low mileage.. I've had the engine oil, air filter etc. changed regularly, and I drive sensibly (keeping RPM below 2500 75% of the time), and don't use the AC too much either. Could someone help me out with this? I can't seem to figure out what the problem is!

Secondly, is it advisable to take the CNG tank out of the car without uninstalling the CNG kit? The 55kg cylinder in the trunk makes the car heavy and slow, so I wanted to take the cylinder out. Just wondering - would there be any danger in doing so? And would it be easy to place it back in if I wanted to?

Lastly, the car's brakes make a screeching sound every time I brake. It has ABS, and lately, the brakes haven't been performing as well as they used to. What am I supposed to do about this? The braking sound ends up giving me a headache most of the time

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

zulm ha yar itni buri average...........tune kerva dekho
    Relatives Who Don't Wish Me On My Birthday,............Have No Right To Contact Me On My Result Day

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Asad_B View Post
    zulm ha yar itni buri average...........tune kerva dekho
    I know yaar. Itni kanjoosi say gaari chalani parti hay

I think the car was tuned a couple of months back. That hasn't really helped though

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yr first of all get ur engine tuned up properly on petrol by a good mechanic and secondly getting CNG out is not a good idea ....if u want to get it out then get everything out or otherwise tune ur car on cng and enjoy .....thirdly the brakes might need cleaning ...brakes ka masla ager hai then u will have to remove the tyre and open the brakes to inspect the problem ...braking sound might be produced due to week tyres
    LIVE 4 NOTHING .........................BUT DIE 4 SOMETHING

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

agreed. get petrol tuning done by a good tuner and remove the cylinder if you want you can leave the kit it'll be Ok.
    and about brakes get them serviced, although i am sure you'll need a pair of new disk pads. i had the same issue in my car when they needed changing.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks guys. I had the brakes issue once before too, but back then, my driver ended up getting it fixed. I guess I'll have to ask him, or just take it to the workshop.

Could you guys recommend a good tuner in Karachi? Also, could you let me know the approximate cost?

If I were to remove the cylinder, would there be any precautions? I read somewhere that I would have to alter the air intake or something, but I couldn't make much sense of it!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Removing the cylinder would certainly help as it is like having an extra person sitting in the car all the time, it's also bad for the rear suspension.

Sometimes some local mechanics block the air intake partially when it's running on cng. So check to see if it's blocked with tape and in case it is you will need to take it off.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Shoaib22
    2years ago when i was planning to buy Liana, I drove an eminent which had CNG fitted and it barely moved. The acceleration was very poor and i also converted it to petrol but still it nothing improved. So i ended up buying Rxi FF cng and both mileage and acceleration were excellent. So Eminent cannot be converted to CNG whoever has converted it, has ruined it. Uninstall Cng kit and cylinder and get your car computerized tuning from Suzuki Medina motors. And for the brakes, if the sound comes from front brakes then change its disc pads and buy original Japanese pads from good shop. And get the rear drum brakes serviced and change breakpads if they are worn. This will resolve braking sound issue.
    Regards,
    Zaeem
    Digitalphotofreaks.com
    The Photography Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Iss ki compter tuining karwao aur ho sakta hai k iss k head k valve mein masla ho
    mere pass b liana hai us ki k fuel & cng mileage kharb ho ge thi tou engine e change kia tha 35k ka engine rakh lo kyun k iss k head k valve nai milte hain 1.6 eminent k

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get it tuned,
    including change of oil and all the filters
    u can take off the cng kit if u don't intend to use it.
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeem89 View Post
    @Shoaib22
    2years ago when i was planning to buy Liana, I drove an eminent which had CNG fitted and it barely moved. The acceleration was very poor and i also converted it to petrol but still it nothing improved. So i ended up buying Rxi FF cng and both mileage and acceleration were excellent. So Eminent cannot be converted to CNG whoever has converted it, has ruined it. Uninstall Cng kit and cylinder and get your car computerized tuning from Suzuki Medina motors. And for the brakes, if the sound comes from front brakes then change its disc pads and buy original Japanese pads from good shop. And get the rear drum brakes serviced and change breakpads if they are worn. This will resolve braking sound issue.
    Regards,
    Zaeem
    Thanks for the information.. I believe you're 100% right about Eminent not being able to run on CNG. The person who used the car before me drove it for 40,000km (on CNG probably), and now the car refuses to go faster than 120kmph - and this is a 1600cc car we're talking about. Now if I try to run the car on CNG, the car doesn't move. Literally. With the accelerator floored, the engine does not respond, and the car stalls. Doesn't even start till I switch it back on petrol.

I guess I'll end up taking out the CNG cylinder atleast, leaving the kit for later. And yeah, I thought so too about the brakes. As far as I know, the pads have already been changed once, but I think new ones are overdue.

@Fazy_1, could you tell me more about this? Would an engine overhaul help?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, I really need to get my car tuned. The mileage has become even worse - the reserve light went on at 145km after a refill of 30litres, and I really need to do something about this! Where do I get the car tuned from in Karachi?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you can get it done from any mechanic, but best would be to visit and 3s suzuki dealer, they know this car better then anyone else
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Will check out Suzuki in a couple of days.. Just curious, could anyone give me an estimate of how much it should cost? Most non-Suzuki workshops tend to rip you off thinking you don't know anything about the car yourself..

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List