0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Strange Alarm in Liana

Once in a while, while driving Liana, there is this strange alarm sound which starts all of a sudden, without any reason that I can find. It's a sharp beep beep sound of 2 sec play and one second pause in between, and beeps continuously. This is quite different, and more shrill than the alarm which sounds when door is open and ignition is turned on. I have absolutely no idea what this alarm is for. When I turn off the switch and start again, the sound is gone. Temp gauge is below half the scale, and sometimes it starts within 5 mins of driving. It's not for seat belts as well. I have checked that and I believe there is no such feature in Liana.

However, only this evening when I was driving, this sound came on for more than 3-4 times - when I would turn off engine and start again, it would go away but then come back after sometime. And after 3-4 times, the alarm got faster in pace next time, the interval reduced; just like in games or movies, when the time bomb is about to go off, the beep beep sound becomes faster, lol.

Can somebody help me out in identifying why this beep beep is there and how to prevent it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

maybe it is that the handbrake is not properly pushed down, the same sort of a thing happens in the new civic with the handbrake pulled

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i thnk da beep wich u r tawkinn abt ix frm da cng switch cox it startx to beep whn da gas finishex nd car convertx to petrol nd da beep ix to notify u abt da finished gas
    it stopx whn u resttart da car bcox da car startx on petrol nd ax long as it convertx 2 gas it startx beeping
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lol @time bomb beep
    i have a liana and i know the only BEEP this car has inside its bhatakti aatma is cng gas warning beep which starts when u driving on cng and it suddenly finishes bcuz u forgot to check the cng meter with ur eyes then it gives u beep for ur ears to listen and automatically converts on petrol with a slight jerk and starts to beep continuously to warn u that cng inside those 2 cng tanks located behind back seats has finished completely and unless u press that tiny NOS like cng button again to tell ur car that its "pata chal gaya he ke cng ki chutti ho gayi hey" ok that beep keeps on buzzing.and after that if u turn off the engine and restarts it will automatically starts on petrol from now on and yellow light turn on to inform u tht ur car is on petrol for God sake lol

BTW do tell about ur driving experience of liana .did u get nasha of liana yet lol ?
    A friend cannot be considered a friend unless he is tested on three occasions (At the time of need),(Behind your back),(After your death) Hazrat Ali (A.S)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it beeps wen cng is finished and the car automaticly shifts to Petrol. So that u manualy also convert it to petrol and the beep goes of
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First time i screched my Liana and the sound started.

I was so outa my head, that i maybe triggered the tracker or what, then as i got in my senses i realized CNG finished and the car got on Petrol
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah, I figured it out this morning myself when the CNG was totally finished and it started beeping just after 2km of driving and I realized that it was because of empty CNG tank. Surprisingly, it finished so soon after the red light appeared on indicator. Normal kit drives for at least 10-15km in reserve. Probably something wrong with the kit I guess. Anyway, thanks a lot everyone for all the prompt replies.

@Mithu: Well bro, I bought a used Liana, so can't get the proper nasha of a new one, but to tell you the truth, I decided to buy this car after going through all the Liana threads on PW forums, and was well aware of the risks associated with buying a Liana, and willing to take them as I believed that the problems were not because of design fault but because of quality controls and incorrect diagnosis of problems, otherwise, there should not have been a single satisfied Liana customer. Well, I found quite many here. And the prices of used City and Corolla are just insane these days. So I bought it cheap, spent some money to remove the problems, and now it's fine. I'm enjoying the ride, especially on petrol. On CNG it gives hiccups sometimes, but I guess that is because of one or more weak injectors. In time I'll try to replace all of them with a new injector rail, if I can find one compatible to Liana. So far so good!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah, I figured it out this morning myself when the CNG was totally finished and it started beeping just after 2km of driving and I realized that it was because of empty CNG tank. Surprisingly, it finished so soon after the red light appeared on indicator. Normal kit drives for at least 10-15km in reserve. Probably something wrong with the kit I guess. Anyway, thanks a lot everyone for all the prompt replies.
    The kit isnt faulty settings differ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@unikorn
    bro its nice to see a satisfied liana owner like u and me here.Mr chinyoti may have to disagree on this lol
    A friend cannot be considered a friend unless he is tested on three occasions (At the time of need),(Behind your back),(After your death) Hazrat Ali (A.S)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

... "Bomb Defused" ... "Counter Terrorists Win"
    1st Generation Integration

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mitthu View Post
    @unikorn
    bro its nice to see a satisfied liana owner like u and me here.Mr chinyoti may have to disagree on this lol
    lol +1 , no its realy not the case if sumones happy they shud be. where do u get a complete sedan in Lianas range these days

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List