1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Liana Keyless remote problem

AOa all, i own Liana LXi 2006. Recently i have started facing a problem regarding keyless remote system. Following are the symptoms:
    1. The remote does not respond to any command, whereas the led on the remote control illuminates when a button is presssed on the remote.
    2. The car 'double-indicators' and 'siren' remain ON whenever a door is opened and cannot be stopped with the help of a remote. what i hv done right now is cut-off the wire to the siren however during the drive the indicators keep on blinking.
    3. Doors do not LOCK when the first time brake padel is pressed.
    4. Doors do not UNLOCK when the key is put to OFF position.
    5. Once the driver's door is opened with key, it only opens the drivers door (not unlocking other three doors as central locking does), however the operation of LOCK/UNLOCK switch on power-window panel on driver's door is working ok.
    Following actions were taken:
    1. Remote battery replacement has no effect.
    2. I have performed re-programming of the remote by the procedure where key has to be put to ON/OFF and the drivers door needs to be closed three times etc etc, and the security system confirms the reprogramming as OK, but still the remote does not work.
    3. I have rechecked all the connectors in side the driver's door panel and they are OK.
    Can any one plz advise whats wrong with the system? plz also tell me whats the location of security-system controller in the car.
    Looking forward for advices
    ihsaan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dont u hv its original key immobilizer?
    as original one dont have light in key
    dont make chu chu when u press the button?
    security is after market?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

once i bought the car it came with a key and a remote control. There are no buttons on the key. offcourse its not the aftermarket system, keyless sytem is factory-fitted one. So when i press the button on the remote it neither does 'chu chu' nor 'chan chan' this problem has started 2-3 days back while was was sitting in the car and key was on ACC position, when my son opened the passengers door it started blowing siren, i tried to put it on silent by pressing the UNLOCK button on the remote (i think in a hurry, i inadvertently pressed both LOCK & UNLOCK buttons togather). That point of time onwards the remote is not responding, earlier the system was working fine.
    Any clues????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ihsaan. Need to visit a good security alaram mechanic/shop. Not a big thing. They usually reset the device to restore default configuration/setting.

There are different combos to enable-disable different features of a security alarm. If you have the manual or leaflet of security alarm it explains everything.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ihsaan View Post
    once i bought the car it came with a key and a remote control. There are no buttons on the key. offcourse its not the aftermarket system, keyless sytem is factory-fitted one. So when i press the button on the remote it neither does 'chu chu' nor 'chan chan' this problem has started 2-3 days back while was was sitting in the car and key was on ACC position, when my son opened the passengers door it started blowing siren, i tried to put it on silent by pressing the UNLOCK button on the remote (i think in a hurry, i inadvertently pressed both LOCK & UNLOCK buttons togather). That point of time onwards the remote is not responding, earlier the system was working fine.
    Any clues????
    oye yar original key has no remate it has button in the key with just 2 buttons 1 for lock n 1 for unlock n what ever u press just indicators blink with no siren at all n when u open door there will no indicator blinking in original urs must b after market bro

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok guys, problem has been resolved, what i did was, i opened the trim panel (fon color plastic panel under the steering) to access the controller. I just removed all the connectors, cleaned it with contact cleaner, gave some time (3-5 min) for cleaner to dry out, re-connected the connectors and its good to go.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List