Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question LIANA 1.6 AUTOMATIC - Opinion wanted

Dear Friends,

I need opinion on getting a LIANA 1.6 AUTOMATIC, fully loaded, model 2010, unregistered, from an authorized Pak Suzuki dealer, EX Stock, almost in the price of SUZUKI SWIFT DLX (almost). I will drive this vehicle on Petrol (No CNG). Am also getting a 2 year / 40K km warranty with this.

My earlier ride was a Corolla GLi 2007 which was also driven on Petrol only.

Due to certain financial limitations, unfortunately, I cannot go for a Corolla GLi (not even XLi and City to be honest), so I had narrowed down to LIANA (1.3L V-URV and SWIFT). I was more inclined toward SWIFT but now with this new option on the table (1.6 AUTO) I am more inclined towards it.

I need opinion on whether this car is reliable...I need to use it as a daily runner and frequent motorway trips and occasional trips on national highways. This car will be with me for the next 4 years minimum.

I cannot go for imported vehicles so please do not recommend the likes of VITz and BELTA etc.

Good or bad personal experiences with Liana in general and 1.6 AUTO in particular will be more than welcome.

I need to make up my mind in a couple of days

Thanks in advance...

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

liana,great value for money at this moment in pakistan.
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We have 1.6 auto liana. 2006
    Dear its imported car not local. but as compare to local liana, 1.6 is too good.
    successful on petrol, not in CNG.
    but resale value is lower of all liana local or imported.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai jaan,

Kia ho rahaa hai, another thread.
    I already told you to go for swift.Best value for money and above all amazing drive experience.
    As for liana it has very bad resale and annual sales of liana tell the whole story, this year uptill now only 383 lianas have been sold at an avearge of 38 cars/ month. It is a drop of -54% from last year(http://www.pama.org.pk/statistical-i...les-production). Liana annual sales are dropping at an astonishing rate and below is the year wise drop from its launch(http://www.pama.org.pk/images/storie...rical-data.pdf_):

Year-1(2005-2006) Total sales: 4571
    Year-2(2006-2007) Total sales: 6076(132% increase over previous yr)
    Year-3(2007-2008) Total sales: 2983(49% decrease over previous yr)
    Year-4(2008-2009) Total sales: 851 (72 % decrease over previous yr)
    Year-5(2009-2010) Total sales: 1025(120% increase over previous yr)
    Year-6(2010-2011) Total sales: 480(54% decrease over previous yr)

The big question is why a car will fall flat to half in its 3rd year and to one sixth only in its 4th year and will almost stop selling in 5th & 6th year. Also liana is a car which has been discontinued worldwide since 2007 and Pakistan and china are only 2 countries where it is in production.In pakistan its fate is sealed for exit very soon.It has been replaced by SX4 since 2007 worldwide only six years after its launch. Why would u like to ride a sunken ship ?To me i decided against it solely on basis of its shape.Rest is upto you to deicde.My vote is for swift.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aoa. dun go for liana or swift cz they have m13a engine which have a life of 50000km only. bhai plzzz ye galti na karna koi used car le lo bt ye kam na karna. ive a very very bitter experience wid them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if i was u i would go for 08model city reason liana is not that much good looking n swift is not a family car in my opinion..
    Time for change

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    Bhai jaan,

Kia ho rahaa hai, another thread.
    I already told you to go for swift.Best value for money and above all amazing drive experience.
    As for liana it has very bad resale and annual sales of liana tell the whole story, this year uptill now only 383 lianas have been sold at an avearge of 38 cars/ month. It is a drop of -54% from last year(Monthly Production & Sales of Vehicles). Liana annual sales are dropping at an astonishing rate and below is the year wise drop from its launch(http://www.pama.org.pk/images/storie...rical-data.pdf_):

Year-1(2005-2006) Total sales: 4571
    Year-2(2006-2007) Total sales: 6076(132% increase over previous yr)
    Year-3(2007-2008) Total sales: 2983(49% decrease over previous yr)
    Year-4(2008-2009) Total sales: 851 (72 % decrease over previous yr)
    Year-5(2009-2010) Total sales: 1025(120% increase over previous yr)
    Year-6(2010-2011) Total sales: 480(54% decrease over previous yr)

The big question is why a car will fall flat to half in its 3rd year and to one sixth only in its 4th year and will almost stop selling in 5th & 6th year. Also liana is a car which has been discontinued worldwide since 2007 and Pakistan and china are only 2 countries where it is in production.In pakistan its fate is sealed for exit very soon.It has been replaced by SX4 since 2007 worldwide only six years after its launch. Why would u like to ride a sunken ship ?To me i decided against it solely on basis of its shape.Rest is upto you to deicde.My vote is for swift.
    Paa Jee,

Another thread because it is a big decision for someone who buys cars every 4 years and have to stick with the purchase for the next 4 years. I want to do the due diligence.

I know you are the brand ambassador of Suzuki Swift Pakistan I hope you know that Liana 1.3 and Swift 1.3 share the exact same engine (M13A). However, I am opting for Liana 1.6 Eminent. You cannot compare that with Swift, especially in the price I am getting it. For an idea, I am getting 1.6 L Automatic Liana for about the same price as a Swift DLX. Now what am I getting extra? Much more powerful 1.6L engine, Auto Transmission, 16" Alloys with Bridgestone tyres, a wonderful car entertainment system (Touch screen Sony DVD and stuff), a big trunk that can actually accommodate your swift if it wanted to

As I have mentioned and you know very well, I am not concerned with resale or fuel economy, I think LIANA offers much more "Value for Money" than Swift or any other car for that matter.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jahangir2009 View Post
    if i was u i would go for 08model city reason liana is not that much good looking n swift is not a family car in my opinion..
    Bro I have to buy a brand new car and that too on lease. If I had this much cash in hand, I would not be considering Lianas or Swifts or even Corollas or Citys Sky's the limit but I am extremely limited in options due to the above reasons.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i second ur decison ov buying this car.u r getting everything in its price and above ov all the trunk space which is a major advantage rest its ur decision since money is urs but let me assure u had i this much money i would have gone for it withoud even thinking twice
    best ov luck
    No one cares for Toyota more then Toyota

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dogarz View Post
    Paa Jee,

Another thread because it is a big decision for someone who buys cars every 4 years and have to stick with the purchase for the next 4 years. I want to do the due diligence.

I know you are the brand ambassador of Suzuki Swift Pakistan I hope you know that Liana 1.3 and Swift 1.3 share the exact same engine (M13A). However, I am opting for Liana 1.6 Eminent. You cannot compare that with Swift, especially in the price I am getting it. For an idea, I am getting 1.6 L Automatic Liana for about the same price as a Swift DLX. Now what am I getting extra? Much more powerful 1.6L engine, Auto Transmission, 16" Alloys with Bridgestone tyres, a wonderful car entertainment system (Touch screen Sony DVD and stuff), a big trunk that can actually accommodate your swift if it wanted to

As I have mentioned and you know very well, I am not concerned with resale or fuel economy, I think LIANA offers much more "Value for Money" than Swift or any other car for that matter.
    Paa ji,

LOL at brand ambassador .Yup seems like i am becoming one !!

Swift has an upgraded M13A engine but same engine doesn't make a car good or bad, companies use same engine in many cars but the success or failure of car depends on its design, performance,looks and handling(Swift having same engine as liana but swift is a hit and liana a flop)same is case of vitz, its engine is also used in 6 other toyota cars but only vitz is a super success. By the way swift also has brdgestone tyres with alloy rims.Swift of course is a hatchback so u can't compare the trunks but it is shorter than both corolla and city.What price u r getting for the car, if you are getting same price of a 1.6 sedan as a hatchback then the desperation of the suzuki people to sell this car is clear.I also learnt that its production has been stopped then how r u getting it?

Even if you ignore all that what will you do of its legendary shape and looks specially the rear lights.If you wanna go for sedan then sunny can be a better option than liana.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can u plz name the dealer who is selling one ...nd the price aswel..!
    The Flag is the Embodiment, not of Sentiment, but of History.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when you get the car...dont forget to upload detailed pics

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NaXuN View Post
    can u plz name the dealer who is selling one ...nd the price aswel..!
    It's a dealer in Karachi who has only one car left (supposedly). Price is Rs. 1175K. Still figuring out how to make it happen.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Massive_One View Post
    when you get the car...dont forget to upload detailed pics
    Sure thing bro. Let's hope it materialize as I plan.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for it. Liana's value will increase once it will be discontinued by Pak Suzuki. So go ahead, buy it. InshaALLAH when you will sell it after 4-5 years, it will give you good value and you will never regret your decision of buying a powerful 1.6L car which is way better than underpower GLi and City.
    Change of faces won't change anything in Pakistan. www.greenwood.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for it. Liana's value will increase once it will be discontinued by Pak Suzuki. So go ahead, buy it. InshaALLAH when you will sell it after 4-5 years, it will give you good value and you will never regret your decision of buying a powerful 1.6L car which is way better than underpower GLi and City.
    knowing PakSuzuki i would say Liana is gonna be produced even in 2020

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As it is 1.6L,imported and you are getting in the price of swift dlx then go for it..Liana is also sedan and I love its new grill and lights..
    Aviation in not my hobby..... its my way of LIFE::::

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't think it is imported.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haroon_1 View Post
    aoa. dun go for liana or swift cz they have m13a engine which have a life of 50000km only. bhai plzzz ye galti na karna koi used car le lo bt ye kam na karna. ive a very very bitter experience wid them

Liana 1.6 Auto Eminent doesnt have M13A, it has an M16A engine producing 105 bhp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    Paa ji,

LOL at brand ambassador .Yup seems like i am becoming one !!

Swift has an upgraded M13A engine but same engine doesn't make a car good or bad, companies use same engine in many cars but the success or failure of car depends on its design, performance,looks and handling(Swift having same engine as liana but swift is a hit and liana a flop)same is case of vitz, its engine is also used in 6 other toyota cars but only vitz is a super success. By the way swift also has brdgestone tyres with alloy rims.Swift of course is a hatchback so u can't compare the trunks but it is shorter than both corolla and city.What price u r getting for the car, if you are getting same price of a 1.6 sedan as a hatchback then the desperation of the suzuki people to sell this car is clear.I also learnt that its production has been stopped then how r u getting it?

Even if you ignore all that what will you do of its legendary shape and looks specially the rear lights.If you wanna go for sedan then sunny can be a better option than liana.
    There is no upgradation in the M13A of the swift, its the same Nut to bolt!! Just the engine cover is changed. its a cheap trick suzuki is using in pakistan to tell people its a different engine cus people here had a wrong perception about the M13a being a bad engine.... one Suzuki dealership guy even told me Pak suzuki has changed the material of Engine Block and Head (LMAO) heheh that means pak suzuki are now redesigning engines :p. ITS absolutely same engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Adnan747 View Post
    As it is 1.6L,imported and you are getting in the price of swift dlx then go for it..Liana is also sedan and I love its new grill and lights..
    Liana 1.6 Auto Eminent is NOT imported, Its a locally manufactured car.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Correct liana 1.6eeminet is not imported its wasdiscontinued from japan in 06.pre lianas of 05-06came were jdm
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers