Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Where is Thermostat valve installed in Suzuki Liana 2007

Hello,

I have Suzuki Liana 2007. It has started giving overheating problem in a very special manner. It gets heated almost upto max, but below the Red mark on the guage. And then it gets normal even with AC. No problem after that. I think that the thrermostat valve is causing issue and it opens late. Any comment on that?...

Second, I need to know WHERE is the thermostat valve is installed in Suzuki Liana 2007 RXI? I have talked with 3 mechanics and they simply dont know about that.

If anyone know about good mechanic for Liana in Rawalpindi, please let me know about him as well...

I want to excercise the Suzuki option as my last resort as they are VERY expensive...

Please help...

Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i had similar problems in my civic last month. And i found out the valve was faulty, while it actually didnt really heat up but the gauge wud show its hot. I went to Cha sultan to get it fixed. You can visit arshad electrician there. He has 2 shops. You can ask around and they would guide you. the valve cost me rs 300.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

every radiator service person is champion of removing this valve .. so u might get info from any of them
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There may have air in the engine's cooling system at long as the the surface Of the valve is not in contact with liquid it is not opened hence you need to purge the air out of the system.

You can do it by removing all the water via a butterfly type cap in the bottom of rediatior fill the coolant while the car is on a flat surface. I have not experimented but Iif we remove the water pipes from the engine then the engine water and air will also come out.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the quick replies everybody... I am not interested in removing the thermostat valve permanently. I would rather replace it with new one. It has to be there to keep the engine at its optimum temprature. Its cost is 550 as per potohar autos in sadar.

I was a bit confused about its installation position. It is located at the back of the engine in the steel pipe. I have confirmed this from Suzuki central motors mechanic and thankfully, he gave me the detailed information on it.

So, for anyone searching for thermostat valve in liana, its at the back of the engine in steel pipe. And replacing it is a pain... I will get it replaced today and will definitely post my experience which might be helpful for someone...

Thanks again...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its at the back of the engine, It can only be worked from underneath if you/your mechanic has thin and heatproof arms.

The real workshop manual way would be far more difficult I beleive.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

firstly check the fan's low speed fuse i might b burnt so the fan is not working,but as soon you turn on the a/c it kicks in at high speed(fan's high speed fuse) taking engine back to its normal temperature....
    gone through this situation so just sharing my experience...
    .........Tomorrow Never Comes Until Its Too Late........
    //////Life Without LOUD Sound System iz incomplete\\\\\\

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alright. Yesterday i got the thermostat valve of my Liana changed from Suzuki motors. It was not a 100% satisfaction. After installation, when i with the mechanic went for try, the guage reached the red zone (as with olds valve). Mechanic told me not to worry and then gradually, temprature came to its normal temprature. So far so good...

But after sometime he told me that the upper hose pipe is very hot but the lower one is cold. I checked it myself and yes, the lower hose pipe (even the steel pipe) was cool enough that i can hold it easily but the upper pipe was extremely hot. According to them, this should not be the case. But when we came back to the workshop, the lower pipe was also hot.

Now, I dont know if it is a normal situation... After driving almost 8 KMs, I checked the pipes. The upper one is much hotter than the lower one. Now I am confused if this is the normal operation in Lana or should I knock on Suzuki motors again to get the things right???

PLEASE Help...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You have air in the system - park the car with the face pointing upwards and fill slowly - leave engine running with radiator cap off and wait for the fan to cycle, when the thermostat opens up both pipes should nearly equalize in temperature and you should also see air pockets being expelled from the rad cap flange.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Zulfiqar, I will do it tomorrow morning.

But, I have drived almost 60 KMs since valve is changed. Still there is a chance of Air in the system?

I also checked the radiator this morning and water was perfectly up to the level. The cooler bottel was also at normal level.

Also, the fan when starts while driving, it just runs. I came back from office today and left car started for almost 10 minutes but the fan did not stop. And yes, the upper pipe was hot and lowere one was cool.

Air issue? or any other suggestion?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the lower one should be slightly cooler not dead cold. You still may have an air pocket as the thermostat sits so low on this engine.

Looks like the fan is seeing hot temperatures or is rigged direct.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ya, its not dead cold, but far much colder than the upper pipe. Its fine as long as the car is not overheating.

The fan is not direct. It is set to automatic. I will level the water in radiator as suggested by you and the see if its fine or not.

Good part is, I drove today with AC and car was not over heated. But i drove only 4-5 Kms in the evening. I will try with AC tomorrorw afternoon 1-2 PM and check if it gets hot or not.

Thanks bro.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@OP.

Any updates?
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sharo53 View Post
    firstly check the fan's low speed fuse i might b burnt so the fan is not working,but as soon you turn on the a/c it kicks in at high speed(fan's high speed fuse) taking engine back to its normal temperature....
    gone through this situation so just sharing my experience...

@Shiekhatif1977

Also check if that Radiator fan operates or not when heat guage needle rises to the red zone.
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bought liana's thermostate valve today from waseem autos. costed me 950 rs

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All
    i m using Liana RXI , m happy wd it .everything is awsume but brakes starts kidding if we give a lil pressure to Brake Pedal to stop car at 80km...... i want to Install kabli ABS system in liana .
    anyone please guide me n also what it will cost be .......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Thermostat valve installed in Suzuki Liana 2007

Dear, I suffer same overheating problem, due to non-working of Thermostat valve installed in Suzuki Liana 2007. So i know little about this problem. First of all i want to tell that,, this Thermostat is affixed litte below the Tappat area,, where rubber(Black) pipes of water body affixed.

Now i want to share my experience that,, i think Over heating is due to when Thermostat does not open even at 80"C Temperature. It occurs when temperature outside is much colder than inner side. Or may be due to operational failure of Thermostate.

Quote Originally Posted by sheikhatif1977 View Post
    Hello,

I have Suzuki Liana 2007. It has started giving overheating problem in a very special manner. It gets heated almost upto max, but below the Red mark on the guage. And then it gets normal even with AC. No problem after that. I think that the thrermostat valve is causing issue and it opens late. Any comment on that?...

Second, I need to know WHERE is the thermostat valve is installed in Suzuki Liana 2007 RXI? I have talked with 3 mechanics and they simply dont know about that.

If anyone know about good mechanic for Liana in Rawalpindi, please let me know about him as well...

I want to excercise the Suzuki option as my last resort as they are VERY expensive...

Please help...

Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well... It has been quite a long time but the BEST solution was to sell Liana and buy another car. And that's exactly what I did in June or July 2011 after struggling with this problem.... .

The person who purchased the car simply changed the engine and replaced it with Corolla engine with front suspension. And he was very happy after that.

So, the solution for overheating problem is;
    Change Thermostat valve
    OR
    Replace the engine or, at least, assembly. DO NOT go for engine overhauling as multiple times overheating would have destroyed the engine.
    OR
    Simply Change the car

Well these suggestions re based on my experience and any one can disagree.

In 2011, new assembly for Liana was for Rs. 30,000 but my Liana was Peshawar number, I was not interested in changing assembly as for that I would have to get the engine number changed on the book.

Regards,
    Atif

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sheikhatif1977 View Post
    Well... It has been quite a long time but the BEST solution was to sell Liana and buy another car. And that's exactly what I did in June or July 2011 after struggling with this problem.... .

The person who purchased the car simply changed the engine and replaced it with Corolla engine with front suspension. And he was very happy after that.

So, the solution for overheating problem is;
    Change Thermostat valve
    OR
    Replace the engine or, at least, assembly. DO NOT go for engine overhauling as multiple times overheating would have destroyed the engine.
    OR
    Simply Change the car

Well these suggestions re based on my experience and any one can disagree.

In 2011, new assembly for Liana was for Rs. 30,000 but my Liana was Peshawar number, I was not interested in changing assembly as for that I would have to get the engine number changed on the book.

Regards,
    Atif

lol, excellent - next time when you have a problem simply throw a corolla spare part at it. e.g. windshield broken - buy a corolla windscreen and use wood and samad bond to attach to car.

The reason the M13 engines in Pakistan face problems is that car owners dont want to spend even ONE RUPIYAH on correct repair - e.g. when the head is removed from this engine the head bolts are scrapped, NEW headbolts are required as they are torque to yield stretch bolts (one time use)

similarly, using plain water in the cooling system will destroy it - cavitation pockets will erode the cylinder head specifically at the mating face - further leakage.

running the engine with no thermostat causes very very rapid wear as the engine runs very rich to start the cat converter and make it reach 200 degree C, this rich running washes down the oil from the cylinder walls and destroys the rings (you lose compression) - the washed down petrol mixes with the cool running oil and destroys lubrication (oil pump and crank bearings wear out).

BUT

In Pakistan har cheese ka hall - toita ka samaan thonk do.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

haha.............well said