Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Suzuki Liana RXI 2006 - Gasket issue

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,890
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Exclamation Suzuki Liana RXI 2006 - Gasket issue

    Salam to all..

    recently my car started heating up - needle shooting above the half mark - without AC. Water in the radiator got vanished in no time when engines were running. I thought of a leaked pipe somewhere but this was not the case as a radiator wala disapproved this claim and asked to go for gasket work.
    our own mechanic did the work - gasket ka kaam - and bill is staggering 15000 rupees! is the amount ok? or normal maintenance of Liana is that expensive!

    Also, what should be some finger tip points for smoot sailing of my liana in future? Please guide..


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,367
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    for smoothest sailing
    get rid of this car asap
    once Liana's start to bug, they make owners cry

    bill should be itemized
    i hope he gave detailed breakdown
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nomi700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    14,184
    Follows
    4
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    54 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Please share the detailed bill if you can. Liana gasket work should be upto Rs. 3k if there is no allied work. The bill you quoted is on higher side.
    Please take care of your near and dear ones. Drive safely.
    https://www.facebook.com/naumansheikhpictography

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahm13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,046
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    dude take it to a dealer..
    ustaads dont know anything about liana's
    "I have never won a debate with an ignorant person" Hazrat Ali (RA)

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,890
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    yes, the bill includes oil dabba of ZIC, oil filter, timing chain, some rubber pipes etc..

    also, the steering is a bit tight after the work - it was very very soft before the gasket work. what could be the issue? seems like i am handling a cultus!

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nomi700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    14,184
    Follows
    4
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    54 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    yes, the bill includes oil dabba of ZIC, oil filter, timing chain, some rubber pipes etc..

    also, the steering is a bit tight after the work - it was very very soft before the gasket work. what could be the issue? seems like i am handling a cultus!
    Timing chain???? Why?
    Please take care of your near and dear ones. Drive safely.
    https://www.facebook.com/naumansheikhpictography

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    nkhawar2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Check the oil...my steering got heavy ustaad said power oil got leaked may b that is the case but please get rid of this car


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    azharzeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Well Liana is a good car when bought 2nd hand as compared to others in her category. One should be well conversant with her after use of one year at least. It might have two issues when bought as used:
    1. Overheating and very high steaming/pressurised water in her cooling circuit which result in either leakage from weakest links either from rubber hose, or radiator cap, or radiator plastic upper/lower tanks, or radiator tubes, or engine head gasket.
    2. Missing either at CNG or both at Gasoline and CNG.

    Both issues can be addressed with simple steps. If anbody needs help regarding above issue(s), may post his experience with detail of problem at the forum so I could help him.

    Sent from my GT-P3113 using PW Forums mobile app

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    nkhawar2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    In my case the first problem was solved somehow but the second problem made me get rid of it...even mehran does better than it in the first two gears...it has two gear box one is the traditional one and the other is like high/low gear of tractor called AC button...as soon as u turn the AC on it seems like someone is pulling your car backwards with chains as a result you keep on playing with the ac every time you have to press on the accelerator


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    msaadanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    AOa

    My liana had the overheating problem , it used to continuously lower down water levels.

    I was maintaining its water level n its heat indicator marker used to be stable untill 1 morning i forgot to refill water and car overheated , its heating arrow marker shooted to red H . Now car is not starting.

    Can u guide me what wud be problem

    1 car doesnt start , does it mean that coils are gone ?

    Or its gasket .

    Please reply asap with any gud mechanic sughestions , cant afford to take it to suzuki 3s . I live in clifton

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,890
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msaadanis View Post
    AOa

    My liana had the overheating problem , it used to continuously lower down water levels.

    I was maintaining its water level n its heat indicator marker used to be stable untill 1 morning i forgot to refill water and car overheated , its heating arrow marker shooted to red H . Now car is not starting.

    Can u guide me what wud be problem

    1 car doesnt start , does it mean that coils are gone ?

    Or its gasket .

    Please reply asap with any gud mechanic sughestions , cant afford to take it to suzuki 3s . I live in clifton
    i dont think that the gasket issue will not make the car start..if it was terribly overheated, i believe the engine is seized..even a heavy metal could melt with the amount of heat...

    the car is not cranking? if gasket issue, open the oil cap in the front of engine and find traces of water vapours..if they are present, then gasket is gone too..

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,890
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msaadanis View Post
    AOa

    My liana had the overheating problem , it used to continuously lower down water levels.

    I was maintaining its water level n its heat indicator marker used to be stable untill 1 morning i forgot to refill water and car overheated , its heating arrow marker shooted to red H . Now car is not starting.

    Can u guide me what wud be problem

    1 car doesnt start , does it mean that coils are gone ?

    Or its gasket .

    Please reply asap with any gud mechanic sughestions , cant afford to take it to suzuki 3s . I live in clifton
    i dont think that the gasket issue will not make the car start..if it was terribly overheated, i believe the engine is seized..even a heavy metal could melt with the amount of heat...

    the car is not cranking? if gasket issue, open the oil cap in the front of engine and find traces of water vapours..if they are present, then gasket is gone too..

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    for smoothest sailing
    get rid of this car asap
    once Liana's start to bug, they make owners cry

    bill should be itemized
    i hope he gave detailed breakdown
    once liana start bug put 50k on it and became trobule free for 10years

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    do not go for gaskit work first check coolant level then if it ok then observer is there any sound change,pick reduced if yes then go for gasket I would If you can come to my home I will inspect your vehicle you won't be disappointed after visiting as it my hobby to try to solve problem in liana I will guide you to the cheapst way to digonse you call me as well my no is 03471032247

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    don't even spent a single rupee on it visit me bro

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msaadanis View Post
    AOa

    My liana had the overheating problem , it used to continuously lower down water levels.

    I was maintaining its water level n its heat indicator marker used to be stable untill 1 morning i forgot to refill water and car overheated , its heating arrow marker shooted to red H . Now car is not starting.

    Can u guide me what wud be problem

    1 car doesnt start , does it mean that coils are gone ?

    Or its gasket .

    Please reply asap with any gud mechanic sughestions , cant afford to take it to suzuki 3s . I live in clifton
    your car have gasket issue and while replacement try to find copper gasket and ask the guy to put same size gasket as before or else you engine will lose power as the gasket wala usually place a thicker gaket due to which compression of become low

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    yes, the bill includes oil dabba of ZIC, oil filter, timing chain, some rubber pipes etc..

    also, the steering is a bit tight after the work - it was very very soft before the gasket work. what could be the issue? seems like i am handling a cultus!
    seen like mechanic messed up power steering while opening head go back to him screwed him up

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azharzeb View Post
    Well Liana is a good car when bought 2nd hand as compared to others in her category. One should be well conversant with her after use of one year at least. It might have two issues when bought as used:
    1. Overheating and very high steaming/pressurised water in her cooling circuit which result in either leakage from weakest links either from rubber hose, or radiator cap, or radiator plastic upper/lower tanks, or radiator tubes, or engine head gasket.
    2. Missing either at CNG or both at Gasoline and CNG.

    Both issues can be addressed with simple steps. If anbody needs help regarding above issue(s), may post his experience with detail of problem at the forum so I could help him.

    Sent from my GT-P3113 using PW Forums mobile app
    if that true then the one I have would have been landed from other plant 7 year of usage and no of the problem faced untill yet

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nkhawar2 View Post
    In my case the first problem was solved somehow but the second problem made me get rid of it...even mehran does better than it in the first two gears...it has two gear box one is the traditional one and the other is like high/low gear of tractor called AC button...as soon as u turn the AC on it seems like someone is pulling your car backwards with chains as a result you keep on playing with the ac every time you have to press on the accelerator


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app
    I should have go to any 3s dealer and ask him to reset ecu of your car this issue was present in older liana but newer doen't have this issue the update cost 1500rs

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,890
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    do not go for gaskit work first check coolant level then if it ok then observer is there any sound change,pick reduced if yes then go for gasket I would If you can come to my home I will inspect your vehicle you won't be disappointed after visiting as it my hobby to try to solve problem in liana I will guide you to the cheapst way to digonse you call me as well my no is 03471032247
    yar meri car bhi inspect kar lo aik dafa i will not mind if you comeup with a list of issues

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •