Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 652 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 13030
Like Tree3139Likes

Thread: Liana owners & fan club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Dawudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sialkot
    Posts
    238
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    bring it on...

  2. #2221
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rozzzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    21,925
    Follows
    12
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shereabdullah View Post
    whats new with this modle??
    cultus mk3 was ended in 1999...but we still are having this with new G10 efi engine

    lian may have few versions....although engine option still remain there with J series ...j18/j20/j23 being produced still in few countries
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

  3. #2222
    PakWheeler Follow
    tmkhan2050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Assalam-O-Alakum to all LFC members and happy Eid Mubarak,

    I am facing some issues in my beloved Liana so need some expert advice from Skill and Imadee bros who are really very helping personalities which is surely a Sadika-e-Jariya.

    1. First issue is whenever i switch it to CNG idle RPM goes down to 450-500 which is very low and engine switches off any time so i have to switch back to Petrol and idle comes to 700-750 which is quite normal. Is there any sensor needs cleaning or something, i guess. i have some technical background so i hope that i can easily clean it if i get some guidance and if the sensor is easily accessible for maintenance without any major dismantling. I also have the technical and maintenance manual of liana with J23 engine of any US model for reference.

    2. Second issue is that when engine was working fine on CNG, its pick was really bad on CNG and even gets worse with AC ON. I have tuned it twice from two renowned shops in Karachi but no improvement. While on petrol its pick is awesome.

    Thanks in Anticipation & Wassalam

  4. #2223
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,484
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    WAS & Eid Greetings to you too.

    Your problem seems like a very minor one, adjust the idling on CNG by rotating the adjustment knob (screw type) . You can find that on the main kit. Rotate that in/out to set idling rpm at around 800.

    Which CNG kit you have, I hope its not factory fitted...
    If the car is tuned properly with CNG it should not have acceleration problems.

    Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

  5. #2224
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    iamadee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,827
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    as the zank already mentioned do provide more details about your car...
    and if the cng is ff or after market one...
    Sharing is caring....

  6. #2225
    PakWheeler Follow
    tmkhan2050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks for the prompt responses (even in the Eid holidays).

    CNG kit is LR and after market one. I experience this problem once six months back for a short while then it becomes normal itself without any rectification and now this issues is permanent. What i perceive from your guidance that the variable resistance to control the idle RPM installed in either advancer or emulator is the root cause of the whole issue. This is a common issue that these variable resistances malfuntion due to rust and dust which can be rectified easily by spraying WD40 or any suitable spray.

    Now i need only advice for the pick issue which is really irritating for me. When i bought this car last year its pick on CNG was just like bicycle but milage in 8.5 KG of gas was 150KM plus. I got it tuned from a computorised shop near Khalid Bin Waleed Road and pick got some better on the price of lower milage (120KM) but even then it is un-acceptable for me.

  7. #2226
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    iamadee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,827
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    what year is your car, if its 2006 then you'll have to live with it, as its a manufacturing fault and cannot be rectified, you have to get used too of it...
    Sharing is caring....

  8. #2227
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nomi700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    14,184
    Follows
    4
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    54 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmkhan2050 View Post
    Thanks for the prompt responses (even in the Eid holidays).

    CNG kit is LR and after market one. I experience this problem once six months back for a short while then it becomes normal itself without any rectification and now this issues is permanent. What i perceive from your guidance that the variable resistance to control the idle RPM installed in either advancer or emulator is the root cause of the whole issue. This is a common issue that these variable resistances malfuntion due to rust and dust which can be rectified easily by spraying WD40 or any suitable spray.

    Now i need only advice for the pick issue which is really irritating for me. When i bought this car last year its pick on CNG was just like bicycle but milage in 8.5 KG of gas was 150KM plus. I got it tuned from a computorised shop near Khalid Bin Waleed Road and pick got some better on the price of lower milage (120KM) but even then it is un-acceptable for me.
    iwas also facing the same acceleration problem in my car with my after market LR kit. the culprit was faulty advancer and after its replacement, the acceleration is just fine. Get your advancer checked.
    Please take care of your near and dear ones. Drive safely.
    https://www.facebook.com/naumansheikhpictography

  9. #2228
    PakWheeler Follow
    taskheershamas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rozzzzz View Post
    cultus mk3 was ended in 1999...but we still are having this with new G10 efi engine

    lian may have few versions....although engine option still remain there with J series ...j18/j20/j23 being produced still in few countries
    Cultus was in production Till 2002.

  10. #2229
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Skill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    7,885
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmkhan2050 View Post
    Assalam-O-Alakum to all LFC members and happy Eid Mubarak,

    I am facing some issues in my beloved Liana so need some expert advice from Skill and Imadee bros who are really very helping personalities which is surely a Sadika-e-Jariya.

    1. First issue is whenever i switch it to CNG idle RPM goes down to 450-500 which is very low and engine switches off any time so i have to switch back to Petrol and idle comes to 700-750 which is quite normal. Is there any sensor needs cleaning or something, i guess. i have some technical background so i hope that i can easily clean it if i get some guidance and if the sensor is easily accessible for maintenance without any major dismantling. I also have the technical and maintenance manual of liana with J23 engine of any US model for reference.

    2. Second issue is that when engine was working fine on CNG, its pick was really bad on CNG and even gets worse with AC ON. I have tuned it twice from two renowned shops in Karachi but no improvement. While on petrol its pick is awesome.

    Thanks in Anticipation & Wassalam
    wow an other TM on the LFC,welcome.
    Sorry for late reply,first things first ,get your air filter box and attached hoses checked, if it is sucking air around,the pick on cng will automatically go bad AND will likely be ok for petrol.
    Don't indulge yourself into electricals of this vehicle at starting stage,as soon as the clues and hints take you to pinpoint the problem,it would be much easier to eradicate the actual cause.
    Other honorable members have nicely shared for diagnosing the problem which will be quite handy for you.
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

  11. #2230
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Skill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    7,885
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iamadee View Post
    what year is your car, if its 2006 then you'll have to live with it, as its a manufacturing fault and cannot be rectified, you have to get used too of it...
    This ain't be with every 06 Adeel bhai.sunee sunaee batain hain.
    i am running rxi even without advancer
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

  12. #2231
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,484
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmkhan2050 View Post
    Thanks for the prompt responses (even in the Eid holidays).

    CNG kit is LR and after market one. I experience this problem once six months back for a short while then it becomes normal itself without any rectification and now this issues is permanent. What i perceive from your guidance that the variable resistance to control the idle RPM installed in either advancer or emulator is the root cause of the whole issue. This is a common issue that these variable resistances malfuntion due to rust and dust which can be rectified easily by spraying WD40 or any suitable spray.

    Now i need only advice for the pick issue which is really irritating for me. When i bought this car last year its pick on CNG was just like bicycle but milage in 8.5 KG of gas was 150KM plus. I got it tuned from a computorised shop near Khalid Bin Waleed Road and pick got some better on the price of lower milage (120KM) but even then it is un-acceptable for me.
    I dont know why you are having pick up issues even after CNG tunings. Ideally you should get 120+ Km with AC in city conditions over a 60L cylinder (8.5 Kg CNG). That is a good mileage for a 1300cc car.
    Acceleration issues can be due to many reasons, like (troubleshoot in this order with any good mechanic):
    -- Incorrect selection of Spark Plugs, invalid gap, fouled plugs, pre-ignition etc.
    -- Faulty Plug Wires
    -- Incorrect Air/Fuel Mixture
    -- Air sucking into Venturi and into combustion chamber
    -- Faulty Advancer or not functioning consistently
    -- Wearing or degraded coils
    -- Choked AC condensor also sometimes makes excessive slight load when AC is ON
    -- Throttle Body issue
    -- Valves issue
    -- Can be many other things, but cant get in my mind right now if its running fine over Petrol... :-)

    I have three 07/08 LIANAs in my direct friends circle, and each of them runs perfectly fine over CNG including mine.
    If you have an after market CNG kit, any good mechanic can tune this for you then, not a big issue.
    Let me know if you are having problems in finding a good mechanic here in Khi, I will refer you to someone.

  13. #2232
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,484
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iamadee View Post
    what year is your car, if its 2006 then you'll have to live with it, as its a manufacturing fault and cannot be rectified, you have to get used too of it...
    He has mentioned that it is with an aftermarket CNG of LR.

  14. #2233
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    iamadee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,827
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zank View Post
    He has mentioned that it is with an aftermarket CNG of LR.
    2006 models are famous for this behavior even on petrol... as per my knowledge i might be wrong, its just my experience...
    Sharing is caring....

  15. #2234
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,484
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iamadee View Post
    2006 models are famous for this behavior even on petrol... as per my knowledge i might be wrong, its just my experience...
    Dont think so, but Software updates are available for these cars also from the 3S dealers. I also have heard that 2007 onwards cars have updated and efficient software for ECU, petrol injection as well as CNG.

  16. #2235
    PakWheeler Follow
    tmkhan2050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks to all for their advises, i am sure that the advancer was faulty because i was unable to adjust the idle RPM through its variable resistance so i removed both advancer and emulator (Neotech brand which is a low quality one). Got Lovato CIPS 4 Plus installed with minor CNG tuning and the issues of low pick and engine shut off while idle got removed. Cost = 2800/- including labour charges from MA Jinnah Road

    My car is a 2007 model registered in Dec, 2006. I also feel pick in second gear is a bit low as compared to other gears. I am not sure that this is a Liana specific issue or all cars behave like this because this is my first ever car . As per my experience overall pick gets about 25% lower on CNG as compared to petrol. Is this difference normal or should i get CNG kit tuned from any specialist mechanic? I perceive that i would need reference from zank bro for some specialist mechanic.

  17. #2236
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    shereabdullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lala musa
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,626
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    slam skill bro,, i m leaving a pm kindly reply az soon as possible
    every man sleeps 1/3 part of a day,, if he makes ABLUTION before sleeping, 1/3rd of his life will be counted as virtue

  18. #2237
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    AsadGhumman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmkhan2050 View Post
    Thanks to all for their advises, i am sure that the advancer was faulty because i was unable to adjust the idle RPM through its variable resistance so i removed both advancer and emulator (Neotech brand which is a low quality one). Got Lovato CIPS 4 Plus installed with minor CNG tuning and the issues of low pick and engine shut off while idle got removed. Cost = 2800/- including labour charges from MA Jinnah Road

    My car is a 2007 model registered in Dec, 2006. I also feel pick in second gear is a bit low as compared to other gears. I am not sure that this is a Liana specific issue or all cars behave like this because this is my first ever car . As per my experience overall pick gets about 25% lower on CNG as compared to petrol. Is this difference normal or should i get CNG kit tuned from any specialist mechanic? I perceive that i would need reference from zank bro for some specialist mechanic.
    The above highlighted is a Suzuki specific issue. I don't know why Suzuki cars die in 2nd gear. I had this same issue with Margalla-95, then Baleno 2004 & now with Liana 2006. I mostly put 3rd gear after 1st
    ~~~ "Some complain that roses have thorns, others rejoice that thorns have roses" ~~~ "Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise on time....Theodore Roosevelt" ~~~

  19. #2238
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    AsadGhumman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmkhan2050 View Post
    Assalam-O-Alakum to all LFC members and happy Eid Mubarak,

    I am facing some issues in my beloved Liana so need some expert advice from Skill and Imadee bros who are really very helping personalities which is surely a Sadika-e-Jariya.

    1. First issue is whenever i switch it to CNG idle RPM goes down to 450-500 which is very low and engine switches off any time so i have to switch back to Petrol and idle comes to 700-750 which is quite normal. Is there any sensor needs cleaning or something, i guess. i have some technical background so i hope that i can easily clean it if i get some guidance and if the sensor is easily accessible for maintenance without any major dismantling. I also have the technical and maintenance manual of liana with J23 engine of any US model for reference.

    2. Second issue is that when engine was working fine on CNG, its pick was really bad on CNG and even gets worse with AC ON. I have tuned it twice from two renowned shops in Karachi but no improvement. While on petrol its pick is awesome.

    Thanks in Anticipation & Wassalam
    I face the same issue for few days whenever I drive my car on Patrol for few minutes & then switch back to CNG. ECU probably recalculates the parameters as everything becomes normal after 1 or 2 days. Similarly when I drive my car on CNG continuously & occassionally switchto Patrol, the RPM goes very high i.e. 1.5-1.8. Then after some time, it adjusts itself to 1000 & then when I switch back to CNG, the RPM remains as low as 450-500 for 1-2 days. Advancer is not installed in my car, probably that is the reason for this problem.
    ~~~ "Some complain that roses have thorns, others rejoice that thorns have roses" ~~~ "Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise on time....Theodore Roosevelt" ~~~

  20. #2239
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Skill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    7,885
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AsadGhumman View Post
    I face the same issue for few days whenever I drive my car on Patrol for few minutes & then switch back to CNG. ECU probably recalculates the parameters as everything becomes normal after 1 or 2 days. Similarly when I drive my car on CNG continuously & occassionally switchto Patrol, the RPM goes very high i.e. 1.5-1.8. Then after some time, it adjusts itself to 1000 & then when I switch back to CNG, the RPM remains as low as 450-500 for 1-2 days. Advancer is not installed in my car, probably that is the reason for this problem.
    Asad rmp sticking above 1000 is a typical tb problem.

    sent from ivio using tapatalk
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

  21. #2240
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    AsadGhumman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skill View Post
    Asad rmp sticking above 1000 is a typical tb problem.

    sent from ivio using tapatalk
    Thanks Amir bhai. You mean it is time to get the throttle body serviced?
    ~~~ "Some complain that roses have thorns, others rejoice that thorns have roses" ~~~ "Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise on time....Theodore Roosevelt" ~~~

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •