90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Mujhe lagta hai gul berg ki traf bufferzone se thora phele jo market hao waha mil jai ga
    cafe piyala wala area

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    cafe piyala wala area
    Han wohi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if u come accross any thermo valve, do let me know
    You can easily get T-Stat valve from Shafiq Mor. I once got it in PKR 400 (a couple of years back). The factory fitted one is of 87C as far as I remember in LIANA. This number is written quite evidently over each piece.
    The best way to test it is to put it in a bowl of boiling water. At my mechanic shop, we used a small 'taghari' with the welding flame beneath it. The valve should open before the water starts to boil. When the valve will open, you can observe bubbles in water.
    It will be very easy if you do this test in your kitchen :-)

Yes, putting it in place is a hectic job as you have to dessemble the whole flange for this at the backside. But engine mount is not required to be disturbed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Logic behind filling the radiator ,car's front face up, to give air bit of room out while process of pouring the water inside . @abid110 , your car's over flow pipe is too short ,it should have been at least 1 1/2 feet long. There is a hole just underneath the plastic reservoir to pass this pipe downwards .Because of short of length ,it is pouring overflown water on the harnesses of radiator fan and head beams, you have covered them with a shopper bag and taped, thus causing the electric component disorders .It might has kept disconnecting your radiator fan due to short circuit . Once fan is off when needed ,may cause your pocket a big dent ,on the other hand short circuit may burst into fire . First correct your wiring and remove shopper bags .
    Secondly ,your car's radiator along with reservoir are too much gunky inside ,Those needs a proper wash or replacement .And this should be done urgently .
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zank View Post
    You can easily get T-Stat valve from Shafiq Mor. I once got it in PKR 400 (a couple of years back). The factory fitted one is of 87C as far as I remember in LIANA. This number is written quite evidently over each piece.
    The best way to test it is to put it in a bowl of boiling water. At my mechanic shop, we used a small 'taghari' with the welding flame beneath it. The valve should open before the water starts to boil. When the valve will open, you can observe bubbles in water.

Yes, putting it in place is a hectic job as you have to dessemble the whole flange for this at the backside. But engine mount is not required to be disturbed.
    U sure it 87c becoz in service manual of liana and swift it mention that theromostate vavle should open between 81C-84C

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Skill View Post
    Logic behind filling the radiator ,car's front face up, to give air bit of room out while process of pouring the water inside . @abid110 , your car's over flow pipe is too short ,it should have been at least 1 1/2 feet long. There is a hole just underneath the plastic reservoir to pass this pipe downwards .Because of short of length ,it is pouring overflown water on the harnesses of radiator fan and head beams, you have covered them with a shopper bag and taped, thus causing the electric component disorders .It might has kept disconnecting your radiator fan due to short circuit . Once fan is off when needed ,may cause your pocket a big dent ,on the other hand short circuit may burst into fire . First correct your wiring and remove shopper bags .
    Secondly ,your car's radiator along with reservoir are too much gunky inside ,Those needs a proper wash or replacement .And this should be done urgently .
    I had a similar concept in my mind but than i thought if someone is pouring water slowly and not covering complete inlet port than there shouldnt be any need of slope thingy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We do not pour water/coolant with pressure. On normal stance ,places away from lower radiator tank like engine side end of the hose pipe may not be fully submerged and may cause the air to stay inside.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so, what benefit will a longer pipe give? will it prevent overflowing?

btw, very well observed and explained. this needs to be done urgently

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

U sure it 87c becoz in service manual of liana and swift it mention that theromostate vavle should open between 81C-84C

what does 87c etc denotes? the resistance or what?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro, so, this valve can be bought from a spare parts shop too? is it a normal inventory item for a good shop? and do you really prefer it being installed w.r.t karachi's hot temperatures?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so, what benefit will a longer pipe give? will it prevent overflowing?

btw, very well observed and explained. this needs to be done urgently
    There are two parallel line marks on a plastic reservoir if you notice keenly .Always keep the water/coolant level in between these marks .Whenever you top up the reservoir keeping the maximum level mark unnoticed .Car will overflow the water out of reservoir through this pipe.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro, so, this valve can be bought from a spare parts shop too? is it a normal inventory item for a good shop? and do you really prefer it being installed w.r.t karachi's hot temperatures?
    I don't think normal spare parts shop will have such items, especially for LIANA, because the size is different from other cars. You can find it over Plaza though if you like to buy new. Else used market is the best source.
    Doesn't matter if the weather is hot or cold, this is a mandatory item for effective engine working. Getting T-Stat bypassed will give undesirable effects as engine blocks will have cooled water continuously rotated from the radiator. Car might do missing as it will not achieve optimum desired temperature at all, and in longer times the engine will have more than regular wear and tear internally. Everything inside the engine (oil and alloys) are made to work over a desired temperature.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have just confirmed in the Specs
    The T-Stat Valve starts to open over temperature 80-84C. And is fully open in between temperatures 95-97C.
    This car needs to run at around 91C as the desired optimum temperature. This 87C figure, I am not sure myself, but this is what I remember was written over the valve as far as I remember. May be they write some aggregate figure because this is not a digital gadget and temperature really spikes up in these places and conditions within seconds.
    A good synthetic oil is also made to do the best viscosity vs lubrication formulation at these temperatures. That is why they last long vs the minerals.

One more thing that is very important is that, you need to make sure that there is no air trapped in between the coolent supply, becuase the air gets trapped into the engine blocks and the temperature where there is air really shoots up very high as compared to where the coolent is touching the blocks. And this is really bad for the alloy at that point of contact and it can deform quickly.
    The cars having deformed engiine blocks are the same cases, in which they blame the car specs that they get over-heated.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what does 87c etc denotes? the resistance or what?
    This is 87 degrees Centigrade actually in short form.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't think normal spare parts shop will have such items, especially for LIANA, because the size is different from other cars. You can find it over Plaza though if you like to buy new. Else used market is the best source.
    Doesn't matter if the weather is hot or cold, this is a mandatory item for effective engine working. Getting T-Stat bypassed will give undesirable effects as engine blocks will have cooled water continuously rotated from the radiator. Car might do missing as it will not achieve optimum desired temperature at all, and in longer times the engine will have more than regular wear and tear internally. Everything inside the engine (oil and alloys) are made to work over a desired temperature.
    well explained!

where is yr workshop?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well explained!

where is yr workshop?
    He don't have any

Sent from my QMobile i9 using Tapatalk
    Boy Badnam hua LIANA tery liya

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have just confirmed in the Specs
    The T-Stat Valve starts to open over temperature 80-84C. And is fully open in between temperatures 95-97C.
    This car needs to run at around 91C as the desired optimum temperature. This 87C figure, I am not sure myself, but this is what I remember was written over the valve as far as I remember. May be they write some aggregate figure because this is not a digital gadget and temperature really spikes up in these places and conditions within seconds.
    A good synthetic oil is also made to do the best viscosity vs lubrication formulation at these temperatures. That is why they last long vs the minerals.

One more thing that is very important is that, you need to make sure that there is no air trapped in between the coolent supply, becuase the air gets trapped into the engine blocks and the temperature where there is air really shoots up very high as compared to where the coolent is touching the blocks. And this is really bad for the alloy at that point of contact and it can deform quickly.
    The cars having deformed engiine blocks are the same cases, in which they blame the car specs that they get over-heated.
    I would blame spec a little Suzuki m series block are so thin that it hardly double of thickness of iron bore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There are two parallel line marks on a plastic reservoir if you notice keenly .Always keep the water/coolant level in between these marks .Whenever you top up the reservoir keeping the maximum level mark unnoticed .Car will overflow the water out of reservoir through this pipe.
    is coolant thrown out too or only the water?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i put in this new cap. went to aisha manzil (from my home at javed nihari) for cng...wahin per there was extreme smoke from inside the bonnet....i opened it and water was badly boiling and making scary sounds...me ne car side per ki. bonnet khola and took this pic and waited to get bit cooler...purana dhakkan wapas lagaya. and filled in water after starting the car...car ran ok till back home. .but ghar pohnch kr i opened bonnet again and same boiling and scary sound
    This is a confirmation that there is either a leak in the system or your water body is not circulating water properly due to damaged fins.

Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Proverbial_Slang View Post
    This is a confirmation that there is either a leak in the system or your water body is not circulating water properly due to damaged fins.

Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    have installed a brand new water pump of superior quality..

and, apparently there is absolutely no tip tip of water from anywhere...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List