Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 324 of 650 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,480 of 13000
Like Tree3114Likes

Thread: Liana owners & fan club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Dawudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sialkot
    Posts
    238
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    bring it on...

  2. #6461
    PakWheeler Follow
    azyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Skill gud replies, elaborated.

  3. #6462
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,896
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skill View Post
    @abid110 You probably are going to make people on this forum relearn the basics of science .
    Well let me elaborate it simply , every metal on getting heated increases its volume less or more so is the pistons and piston rings which are made of metals .When they increase their volume on optimum temperature of a an engine ,they seal the cylinder walls thus protect the exhaust gases and unburnt fuel to seep down through the walls of cylinder and mix with engine oil so keeping themselves and cylinder lubricated .
    Now let say,your car's engine is not running on the temperature it is designed for, pistons and rings are not swollen the limit they should ,unburnt fuel and gases will seep through the cylinder making it less lubricated into the engine oil chamber .When your rings will not be lubricated properly they will start resisting inside cylinder thus becoming the cause of heat and deteriorated cylinder and consequently will seize the engine someday .
    @Skill..

    yar aap waqai maloomat ka khazana hain! salute!

  4. #6463
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,896
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skill View Post
    @abid110 You probably are going to make people on this forum relearn the basics of science .
    Well let me elaborate it simply , every metal on getting heated increases its volume less or more so is the pistons and piston rings which are made of metals .When they increase their volume on optimum temperature of a an engine ,they seal the cylinder walls thus protect the exhaust gases and unburnt fuel to seep down through the walls of cylinder and mix with engine oil so keeping themselves and cylinder lubricated .
    Now let say,your car's engine is not running on the temperature it is designed for, pistons and rings are not swollen the limit they should ,unburnt fuel and gases will seep through the cylinder making it less lubricated into the engine oil chamber .When your rings will not be lubricated properly they will start resisting inside cylinder thus becoming the cause of heat and deteriorated cylinder and consequently will seize the engine someday .
    in simplest of words -

    1. i should put in the t-valve.. (japani new one costing me 1k and used after search will be for 500 or so).

    2. how difficult is it to get installed in liana

    3. make the fan auto again

    4. use a coolant

  5. #6464
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Skill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    7,885
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    A thermostat valve looks like one attached image herewith .
    Newer is better if original Japanese . Qabli can be checked at home as some one earlier said on this forum .
    Basically a thermostat valve is made with the help of a spring and a tiny packet of exploding grease or mercury encapsulated .upon getting heat near boiling point of water substance encapsulated swell and pushes the sprig back to open the way from which coolant can enter/exit engine internals .
    At home, you have to observe the movement of spring ,putting thermostat valve in boiling water .
    And yes ,make fan back to auto. Don't know how were you driving because keeping fan direct will start MIL (Malfunction indication light) to blink .
    Wash your radiator and reservoir thoroughly ,after that your engine's internals also need a flush .When this is done ,your cooling system needs a pressure test.At the end buy 4 litters of coolant either zic or Gs and fill .
    That's all.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

  6. #6465
    PakWheeler Follow
    gullahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    360
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skill View Post
    Use engine degreasers and rags at first ,if you must washing the engine then use a proper product ,you may use turtle's presoak ,spray it with air pressure on a dirty engine ,agitate the rust with brushes of different sizes and kinds,you may use proper detailing brushes .
    Caution !
    Keep your hands gloved when using presoak as it is acidic .
    You need be careful ,don't soak injector wiring and other sensors ,better wash at home and use tumbler instead of hose of water.
    Thanks skill for info, How can we save each sensor & wiring from soaking, as we r throughly washing engine,
    I think we can only do the thing is we use good degrecent ,rub well and use water with very less pressure & use blower after washing for drying.
    By the way can suzuki 3s has proper washing faculty for liana.
    What is tumbler ?

  7. #6466
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Skill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    7,885
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Tumbler is the bowl with which you take bath if no shower is available .
    None of 3s have special service facility ,workers on their service stations do not take precaution ,its up to you to be wiser .
    I usually work with degreasers and water wash rarely but the way I wash ,you may have visuals here https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/lia...-rxi-revived-9 and here https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/lia...rxi-revived-55
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

  8. #6467
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,484
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    in simplest of words -

    1. i should put in the t-valve.. (japani new one costing me 1k and used after search will be for 500 or so).

    2. how difficult is it to get installed in liana

    3. make the fan auto again

    4. use a coolant
    Thank you very much! :-)

  9. #6468
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,896
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    i went to ig motors today, a well known suzuki 3s in karachi...they saw my car and said NOT TO INSTALL T-VALVE AS CAR IS OLD AND MILEAGE HAS CROSSED 100K KMS!

  10. #6469
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hasooboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,401
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    i went to ig motors today, a well known suzuki 3s in karachi...they saw my car and said NOT TO INSTALL T-VALVE AS CAR IS OLD AND MILEAGE HAS CROSSED 100K KMS!
    I have found Suzuki macca motors better than IG motors.

    Sent from my QMobile i9 using Tapatalk
    Boy Badnam hua LIANA tery liya

  11. #6470
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,896
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hasooboy View Post
    I have found Suzuki macca motors better than IG motors.

    Sent from my QMobile i9 using Tapatalk
    they also refused to tune my engine as it has non ff cng kit

  12. #6471
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,896
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    price for new radiator is 35k for liana...

    and in market its 4500 to 5500

  13. #6472
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    wasim625's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,243
    Follows
    0
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    dear all...

    the issue of boiling water was only and only due to a connection error in fan..i had it fixed...and its fine now Mashallah...

    fan direct per hai filhaal .. ok hai?
    What connection error?
    And no direct fan is a big NO. Make it automatic please.

  14. #6473
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,896
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wasim625 View Post
    What connection error?
    And no direct fan is a big NO. Make it automatic please.
    direct fan is ok till the t-valve is not installed back...otherwise car will keep on getting hot

  15. #6474
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    wasim625's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,243
    Follows
    0
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    direct fan is ok till the t-valve is not installed back...otherwise car will keep on getting hot
    Install a t-valve and make the fan auto bro. If ride heats up with that track the problem.
    Removing t-valve and making fan direct invites all kinds of problems.

  16. #6475
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    i went to ig motors today, a well known suzuki 3s in karachi...they saw my car and said NOT TO INSTALL T-VALVE AS CAR IS OLD AND MILEAGE HAS CROSSED 100K KMS!
    WTH is this are they out of there mind

  17. #6476
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,896
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    WTH is this are they out of there mind
    i dont know but its true....! a uniformed technician assigned to me said that

  18. #6477
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,896
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    WTH is this are they out of there mind
    each and every mechanic, electrician, radiator wala and even the 3s now have said not to install t.valve....ajeeb he chakkar hai

  19. #6478
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    each and every mechanic, electrician, radiator wala and even the 3s now have said not to install t.valve....ajeeb he chakkar hai
    You went to igmotors near incholi ? If you by chance have name of mechanic which told you remove t-valve and direct fan please share his name

  20. #6479
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,896
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    You went to igmotors near incholi ? If you by chance have name of mechanic which told you remove t-valve and direct fan please share his name
    dont remember his name

  21. #6480
    PakWheeler Follow
    gullahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    360
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skill View Post
    Tumbler is the bowl with which you take bath if no shower is available .
    None of 3s have special service facility ,workers on their service stations do not take precaution ,its up to you to be wiser .
    I usually work with degreasers and water wash rarely but the way I wash ,you may have visuals here https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/lia...-rxi-revived-9 and here https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/lia...rxi-revived-55
    Thanks for detail info.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •