8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Proverbial_Slang View Post
    I appreciate your opinion but have to disagree with your overly cautious approach towards modern engines and oils. While modern engines are manufactured on tighter tolerances due to better tooling and machining technologies, the materials used in the engines have improved in strength and endurance as well. Same is the case with oil and water pumps.

I have worked on, maintained and driven older and newer engines over the years and my opinion is not only based ontech articles (which I will also share for your research purposes) but practical hands on experience as well. I can assure you that switching from the suggested oil for Liana (10W30) to 10W40 will NOT harm the engine at all in the temp ranges we live in. Heck, throw in a 20W50 and it will be fine as well. The chart I posted is an SAE rating chart and was not made by me but there is decades of research and development that went behind it.

I repeat again, a 20W50 oil in place of a 10W30 will not blow your engine of result in premature oil pump failure in the temperatures that these cars operate in. There are other ratings on the oil container that are rather more crucial which are called API ratings. Then comes the role of synthetic and semi-synthetic blends. One cannot simply attribute engine health to just viscosities because there's more science to it than that. The only 2 effects (extremely minor) will be :

1- The oil will take a split second longer to circulate at very cold temp startups. This will be compensated with added protection at high revs and high temp operation.
    2- There will be an extremely tiny loss of HP. So little that it won't result in a significantly noticeable loss of power or fuel economy.

Suggested research:

Oil types, ratings, viscosity, choosing good oil

Motor Oil Viscosity Grades Explained in Layman's Terms

Engine & Gear Oil - Temperature and Viscosity Limits

Car Bibles : The Engine Oil Bible

I would have gone into the discussion about Dynamic and Kinectic viscosities and engine oil characteristics at various temp ranges but it would become too technical.

Peace.
    Thanks for the detailed response bro. This is definitely good info and I'll go through all the links. And yes, since I am a starter at cars, my approach is overly cautious (you got that exactly right ) but it's better to be safe than sorry in my opinion and it's more of a habit on my behalf that I stay within the confines of the service manual for all the vehicles that I own, at all times. But based on your practical experience, this info you shared is definitely helpful in broadening my vision of modern engine matters. (Y)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aatir_sheikh View Post
    Has anybody changed the inner axles of their liana?
    I have only changed outer axles and axle rods but I have seen inner axles available in Bilal Ganj for very reasonable prices. Why do you need to replace the inner axles btw? And just sharing my experience, if you've bought your Liana used and are doing the axle job for the first time, look out for any joints in the axle rods. If there are, replace them with brand new original Liana axle rods from Bilal Ganj or you'd not be able to fully match the specs of inner/outer genuine axles and non-genuine fitting axles have different teeth gaps than original which make them slip and damage the assembly where they are supposed to be seated (Both transmission and wheel side).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today a day well spent with karachi liana members at pizza max.I enjoyed alot and we have a nice GTG of 5 hours i think......
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default pls help

Bhai jan gari k 4tyre change karwanay hain.currently I m using Dunlop 185/70/14.ab b 185/70/14 hi dalwao ya phir 185/65/14 dalwao.kia Dunlop made in Indonesia mfd date 2014 pateren no 490.25000 rs k 4 tyre hain.kia ye sahi qemat hay.or koi bAHTER TYRE HAY TO PLS SUGGEST KAR DIN.THANKS PLS PLS KOI BAHTER TYRE BRAND SUGGEST KAR DIN.DUKAN PAY JAO TO ITNAY TYRE HAIN K DIMAGH HI GHOOM JATA HAY.SAMAJH NAHI ATA K KONSA PATEREN THIK HO GA

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well the update is am going on Toyota Hub Rally on my liana next year on Jan 30.Registration done so please pray that i should get my liana back home in one piece.
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by car_bus2008 View Post
    Today a day well spent with karachi liana members at pizza max.I enjoyed alot and we have a nice GTG of 5 hours i think......
    Indeed!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well the update is am going on Toyota Hub Rally on my liana next year on Jan 30.Registration done so please pray that i should get my liana back home in one piece.
    O bhai naak na katwa dena :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    O bhai naak na katwa dena :p
    dekho bhai mei to chala hn chill marney race to lagani nai araam sakoon se pics banwayein ge thora show ban jayei ga k liana ayi thi race mei ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalam-o-alaikum fellow pakwheelers.

I had purchased my Liana RXI 2006 a couple of months back. Gradually i'm fixing all the flaws bit by bit and now I am stuck at the temperature gauge not working. It is always showing the temperature as too cold and doesn't move around. I have tried the following as per service manual:

1: Tested the temperature sensor wiring: Green holds 5 volts as the manual suggests it should.
    2: Tested the resistance between the legs of ECT sensor, it was at 2.0 KΩ while the car was parked in the garage at night.
    3: Turned the ignition key on and the battery-side radiator fan started (it runs direct because the temperature gauge is not working and this is by design that fan runs direct if there is an issue with temperature sensing mechanism) and then took a piece of wire and shorted both the female pins of ECT connector cover. The air filter-side radiator fan turned for a split second and then stopped.
    4: I went inside the car and turned the ignition key off and back on, there was some movement in the temperature gauge needle before it dropped back to where it always stays. No movement after that.
    5: For a split second when I shorted the connector with a piece of wire, the battery side radiator fan turned off and stayed off until I turned ignition off and then back on. It is now running directly once again.

What could be the culprit? Is it the ECU? And if not, what additional tests can I run? I have also tried with a 3 kΩ resistor across the ECT sensor connector as it should be somewhere around midrange temperature but it doesn't move the gauge. If I unplug the ECT sensor connector cap while the engine is running, engine starts to die until I put it back on.

cc: @Xulfiqar @Proverbial_Slang @saboor73

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by enthusiastic.learner View Post

I had purchased my Liana RXI 2006 a couple of months back. Gradually i'm fixing all the flaws bit by bit and now I am stuck at the temperature gauge not working. It is always showing the temperature as too cold and doesn't move around. I have tried the following as per service manual:

1: Tested the temperature sensor wiring: Green holds 5 volts as the manual suggests it should.
    2: Tested the resistance between the legs of ECT sensor, it was at 2.0 KΩ while the car was parked in the garage at night.
    3: Turned the ignition key on and the battery-side radiator fan started (it runs direct because the temperature gauge is not working and this is by design that fan runs direct if there is an issue with temperature sensing mechanism) and then took a piece of wire and shorted both the female pins of ECT connector cover. The air filter-side radiator fan turned for a split second and then stopped.
    4: I went inside the car and turned the ignition key off and back on, there was some movement in the temperature gauge needle before it dropped back to where it always stays. No movement after that.
    5: For a split second when I shorted the connector with a piece of wire, the battery side radiator fan turned off and stayed off until I turned ignition off and then back on. It is now running directly once again.

What could be the culprit? Is it the ECU? And if not, what additional tests can I run? I have also tried with a 3 kΩ resistor across the ECT sensor connector as it should be somewhere around midrange temperature but it doesn't move the gauge. If I unplug the ECT sensor connector cap while the engine is running, engine starts to die until I put it back on.

Find any unusually relay (electrician add a relay to make fan direct on liana) you physically checked temperature sensor wire? What About fuse just incase see if theres any issue with grounding wire

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Find any unusually relay (electrician add a relay to make fan direct on liana) you physically checked temperature sensor wire? What About fuse just incase see if theres any issue with grounding wire
    Thanks Saboor bro. I found this diagram in the service manual which suggests that pin number 10 and 14 on the C20 connector of ECU are of my interest.
    liana Owners & fan club -1645763
    I will check for continuity between these pins and the ECT sensor connector wires. If something is off, am I supposed to replace the entire connection with brand new wires and ECT sensor connector?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

same happened to me - i went to my electritian and he simply played with few wires of ecu - inside the glove compartment/dashboard area - and it is still working - around 5 months ago - go to a sensible electrician and tell him to see if ecu is giving pulse..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Saboor bro. I found this diagram in the service manual which suggests that pin number 10 and 14 on the C20 connector of ECU are of my interest.
    I will check for continuity between these pins and the ECT sensor connector wires. If something is off, am I supposed to replace the entire connection with brand new wires and ECT sensor connector?

If you are in karachi i can help by seeing the problem which you are referring with my own eyes and free of cost.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are in karachi i can help by seeing the problem which you are referring with my own eyes and free of cost.
    Nope i'm in Lahore

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    same happened to me - i went to my electritian and he simply played with few wires of ecu - inside the glove compartment/dashboard area - and it is still working - around 5 months ago - go to a sensible electrician and tell him to see if ecu is giving pulse..
    No buddy I've fixed all the electronic issues myself and I'll insha Allah fix this myself also. I've managed to avoid all the mechanical/electric ustaads so far

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well done & best of luck...waiting for pics

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No buddy I've fixed all the electronic issues myself and I'll insha Allah fix this myself also. I've managed to avoid all the mechanical/electric ustaads so far
    There is a good electrician / mech of Liana in Town ship Suzuki motors....u may visit him if ur electronics doesnt work

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The 10 pin is for grounding and 14 pin for ect input

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aatir_sheikh View Post
    Has anybody changed the inner axles of their liana?
    I purchased this outer but not time to fixedliana Owners & fan club -1646108.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You managed to solve your cars temperature guage issue?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List